Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XV 2015 General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great work by savea to get that try. Very smart to duck low and reach for try line.

17-13 to canes with 11 mins left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

I'm being harsh here but that's shocking he should have finished that...

Looks like his finger tips were out!!! Had to finish that chance

Big break for the canes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bulls on the cusp of two home defeats to open the season. Will be hard to see them coming back from that to be a force this season. Given the players at their disposal, it's a miserable start to the year.

That's a massive win for the canes. Very professional job in final 2 minutes to see that game out.

• Advertisement

The bulls need to find a smaller stadium to play in as theres far too many empty seats suppose that's the same for all Super Rugby matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

That's a massive win for the canes. Very professional job in final 2 minutes to see that game out.

Teams that win their games in SA usually make the playoffs. That's a great start for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Traditionally a strong Bulls pack should beat up a generally flaky Canes pack . . . .

I know Bulls have been lightweight in the locks with Victor coming back but was the above true to any extent?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,218 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Great penalty by Slade

Aaron Smith! ! Excellent pressure. ....

• Advertisement

Barritt

Saders winning 10 - 7

Great game so far, disallowed try just there for the highlanders.

10-7 crusaders at the moment.

Yeah sopoaga butchered the over lap outside to fekitoa

Ye olde Highlanders reserves will need to come on, the men from the deep south look spent already. A few lucky calls to the Saders there, I must say, althought I thought the Landers were holding on at the ruck before Smith's try. Hopefully Highlanders score first after the break, otherwise might turn into a rout.

Happy with this game so far, think it's out of reach for the Highlanders. Good advert for Super Rugby.

Missed tackles in the loose is crucifing us.
    Crusaders are incredibly controlled in the fight and anytime they get within our 22 they look like they will score.

Sopoagas pass looking very painful now.

Dan pryor on! ! Let's see how he goes against mccaw

And as i say that mccaw goes off

Some very questionable decisions by that ref.

Some ridiculous decisions my the Highlanders when they're in the opposition 22

• Advertisement

The inevitable Feki-meister dot down. Gives the Highlanders a sniff!

6 points in it, 7 minutes to go. Good luck Syd!

Edit: and better luck next time, but a valuable LBP for ye.

We just about deserved the losing bonus. Thought our composure in the opposition half was lacking and discipline in our own was poor. Hopefully first game cobwebs.

On the plus side i though our set piece was excellent. I think we got the better of the scrum exchanges and i can't remember any poor line outs. Even when the reserves came in the standard continued.

Thought ye were very good swiwi. Very controlled. It was only after dagg and mc caw went off did Highlanders get back into it.

Barrett was very good, though wheeler was for us (apart from that last knock on) and drummod continues to look like a decent find.

Slade, Crotty (backline glue), and Dagg looked good. I wish they would ditch Fonatia, he's kind of a Darragh Fanning style plyer: tries hard, but just not quite at the level. Don't like McCaw at 6, once Read gets back will be a better pack.

Just the top 2 inches missing for the Highlanders "game management", but a better 2nd 40. Will come right. The new wing Naholo (?) looks promising. Might have been a different ball game if Sopoaga had passed left...

Yeah naiholo had a good game, looks a strong player. Freuen did very little today as well.

I see the reds are starting with a reserve scrum half playing at 10 in frisbee.

Could be a long night for the reds.....

Yeah naiholo had a good game, looks a strong player. Freuen did very little today as well.

I see the reds are starting with a reserve scrum half playing at 10 in frisbee.

Could be a long night for the reds.....

That was a good solid win for the crusaders. Needed that win after the poor showing last weekend.
    Not a bad effort from the highlanders first up. Decision making was pretty poor at times but I'd put that down to match practice for the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Standard of handling here is pretty bad

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Standard of handling here is pretty bad

Had a cyclone just go through brisbane so I'd imagine the conditions aren't that great.
    Reds first try was very good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Stormers leading 18-6 against the Blues at half time.

Triggs for the Blues got a red card on 25 minutes for punching Vermeulen in the face. Just need 2 more tries against a 14 man team for the bonus point win. Cant find a working link for the game so RSG to the rescue. :pac:

Advertisement