Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XV 2015 General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,249 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thats a big win for the hurricanes.... beat the force

13 - 42

5 trys for the bonus point, excellent start to the competition by the hurricanes

the cheetahs and blues game has divided the league... 3/3 split..
    spanning from swiwi going for the cheetahs by 5 to yeah_right going for the blues by 8 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Mark Hammett's departure has done wonders for the Hurricanes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

matthew8 wrote: »

An appt which should never have happened. Need to be proven at ITM cup level, and then make the step up. Not go from playing to coaching with no track record. His coaching career is over before it's really started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Not for this thread but cardiff blues are in a lot of bother. Peter Pies (their investor) has been talking about pulling out.

Hammett walked out after signing a three year deal too.

• Advertisement

You watching your crew there buddy? The old Le Roux, Hendricks partnership working nicely.

For the Blues, the ABs in the forward pack are having great games, Patrick Tuipolotou and Charlie Faumuina are everywhere. Also, Isaia West looking much more comfortable at 10, and quite like the look of Piutau at 13, has a bit of the Luke Fitzgerald about his play.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That was a superb result for the Hurricanes. Never an easy game in perth and to get the try bonus is great for team.
    They may actually fulfil their promise for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Swiwi. wrote: »
    You watching your crew there buddy? The old Le Roux, Hendricks partnership working nicely.

For the Blues, the ABs in the forward pack are having great games, Patrick Tuipolotou and Charlie Faumuina are everywhere. Also, Isaia West looking much more comfortable at 10, and quite like the look of Piutau at 13, has a bit of the Luke Fitzgerald about his play.

I am watching, anything the Cheetahs do this year is a bonus with all the players they have lost but they're doing well. One good thing about Super Rugby is the replacement level players all seem up the task so even the clubs who are raided by other clubs can beat anyone on their day.

Blues ahead 24 - 22 with five to go. .... and theyve scored 3 tried as welll

And bad mistake by Hendricks to give blues a line out on the 22

Blues players just caught with their pants down from that line out.

Decided not to contest but when cheetahs mauled they walked back and were penalised for all leaving the line out !!!

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Blues ahead 24 - 22 with five to go. .... and theyve scored 3 tried as welll

And bad mistake by Hendricks to give blues a line out on the 22

And they have f****d it up!!!!

What a finish. ...

West misses a drop goal attempt on the last kick. .

Cheetahs win 25 - 24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Wish Joe Pietersen came back to us instead of the Cheetahs. I liked him. :(

Blues players just caught with their pants down from that line out.

Decided not to contest but when cheetahs mauled they walked back and were penalised for all leaving the line out !!!

Must check the law book on that. Blues are masters of throwing away games. Comfortably dominated that game but so many errors cost them dearly. The ABs in the team were immense but their season already in jeopardy.

Must check the law book on that. Blues are masters of throwing away games. Comfortably dominated that game but so many errors cost them dearly. The ABs in the team were immense but their season already in jeopardy.

If they're going to do that, they just HAVE to send a player around the back and sack the ball carrier. ... I know it technically wouldn't have changed anything for the peno, but it would have taken the refs focus to the rear of the maul inside of the front of it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sweet hurricanes and cheetahs double. Canes will probably lose their home games now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Jasus this tackle in the air thing is getting crazy. Three penos and two yellow cards for that offence and it's only twenty gone

Cheifs look pretty awesome tonight so far. I fear for my team. And yes tackling in the air is flavour of the day.

Edit: Their forward pack is just magnificent, and if you give Cruden ball on a string, with SBW...can be carnage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

SBW looks extremely good tonight. A couple of scraps to show the lads are up for it.

Slowish start to the game with the ref going to the TMO for those two incidents.

Poor miss by Slade before HT. Looks a decent crowd. Pity I can't watch the second half, the golf course awaits.

Some intensity to this game!

• Advertisement

Some intensity to this game!

Best game this season so far. It's like a final with plenty of niggle. Happy that my team got a try there, brings the game back within reach.

Game over :(

Braindead from the Crusaders.

I know on this forum Joe Schmidt >>>> all other coaches, but at Super XV level Dave Rennie is excellent. Chiefs just awesome today, and that's with players like Hosea Gear not even in the 23.

On early form I'd say Chiefs and either Crusaders (who always improve and have Whitelock & Read to come back) or Canes will make the last 6.

This is turning into a rout

This is turning into a rout

Has turned. Still time left :eek:

Before you laugh too much syd...Highlanders off to Waikato Stadium next week. A losing BP would be a magnificent effort...

Before you laugh too much syd...Highlanders off to Waikato Stadium next week. A losing BP would be a magnificent effort...

Yeah We've a tough start to the season, and we didn't exactly overly impress yesterday. A LBP would be very valuable there. Don't want to get left behind in the kiwi conference too early

Wow, what a result for the Chiefs. Sounds like they were in very impressive form. Have sent out a massive warning to the rest of the super 15 sides with that win.
    Very worrying result for the crusaders but would never count them out just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

This Rebels and Brumbies game is tough to watch, so many mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Higginbotham costing his team by continually turning down kicks at goal.

• Advertisement

Wow, what a result for the Chiefs. Sounds like they were in very impressive form. Have sent out a massive warning to the rest of the super 15 sides with that win.
    Very worrying result for the crusaders but would never count them out just yet.

Honestly with the way the Chiefs played today, they would be in the IRB Top 10 international teams I reckon. Forwards were savage, both on attack and defence, dominated the breakdown, won the scrum battle, lineouts excellent, and when he has front foot ball I think Cruden is the deadliest flyhalf in world rugby (just think Ire v NZ at Hamilton a couple of years back). He is not as good as Sexton at controlling a game, and his goalkicking was once again average (6/9), but in tandem with SBW it's scary. Add in James Lowe on the wing who's fulfilling his ITM potential, and that was a complete statement.

Crusaders have too many journeyman in the backline (Fonatia, McNicol, Taylor) but Ellis looked decent on his return, Slade and Crotty also good. The forwards were the real disappointment though, Crockett chewed and spat out by Tameifuina, Sam Cane out-McCawed McCaw, and the Chiefs lock were everywhere.

Once we have Read, Whitelock, Dagg, Nadolo, Franks back in will help. I dunno about Carter, for me he's living off reputation only, I would probably keep Slade at 10, put Carter at 12 and Crotty at 13. I'd be happy to go to the RWC with Barrett, Cruden and Slade, unless Carter actually goes a decent period of time injury-free AND shows some form.

Could be worse, Luckygent, we could be Blues' fans... :pac:

Advertisement