Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XV 2015 General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Are there any other iq players in super rugby. I know tom sexton, michael fitzgerald and ed o donoghue

Any others?

Just found out that Matt Symons the Chiefs lock (and captain last week) is English. Becomes elligible for the All Blacks in May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Just found out that Matt Symons the Chiefs lock (and captain last week) is English. Becomes elligible for the All Blacks in May.

He's kind of a Jeremy Thrush lock at best IMO. Fringe AB if he really has a go. Would be weird having a bord and bred Englishman playing for NZ, I must say.

Match predictor picks made anyway. Found it very hard to choose between the Bulls and hurricanes. Hurricanes are well capable of getting a victory down in South africa.

For me, there were 2 easy picks, the rest could go either way. IMHO the Crusaders are stronger with Carter out - Slade was the best 10 in NZ Super Rugby last season, and Dagg is a better 15 than Slade. Should be a great game hopefully. The other potential beauty is Brumbies v Chiefs, looking forward to seeing that new Taranki centre get a run off the bench. Hope the Canes take down the Bulls, I have no idea why Toomaga-Allen, Vito and Savea are on the bench - madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Swiwi. wrote: »
    The other potential beauty is Brumbies v Chiefs.

I see this game is being played in New Plymouth will they get much of a crowd there given it should be a very competitive match?

I know the Chiefs generally play in Hamilton and have the odd fixture in Rotorua but I'm surprised they hardly ever play in Tauranga. Lovely part of the world.

I see this game is being played in New Plymouth will they get much of a crowd there given it should be a very competitive match?

I know the Chiefs generally play in Hamilton and have the odd fixture in Rotorua but I'm surprised they hardly ever play in Tauranga. Lovely part of the world.

Reckon it will be (close to) sold out. The Naki now part of the Chiefs franchise after ditching the Canes.

I think the Tauranga stadium is not that big from memory.

• Advertisement

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Reckon it will be (close to) sold out. The Naki now part of the Chiefs franchise after ditching the Canes.

I think the Tauranga stadium is not that big from memory.

Great, always looks better on tv with a full or near full stadium. I think Tauranga is 17,500 but has a motor dirty track around the pitch so wouldn't be a good viewing stadium for spectators maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Karmichael Hunt has been charged with supplying cocaine. Not exactly what you want when you are trying to turn a team around.
    Hunt, 28, was arrested and charged with four counts of supply on Thursday evening, days after playing as five-eighth for the Queensland Reds rugby team.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/feb/20/karmichael-hunt-charged-with-supplying-cocaine?CMP=soc_568

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Karmichael Hunt has been charged with supplying cocaine. Not exactly what you want when you are trying to turn a team around.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/feb/20/karmichael-hunt-charged-with-supplying-cocaine?CMP=soc_568

I won't mention any names but it's not the first time I've heard cocaine and the Reds mentioned. I have some friends in Aussie that are were/are fairly close to most of the Aussie Super rugby teams and coke doesn't seem to be that uncommon going by their stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Bruising encounter so far between Chiefs and brumbies with Chiefs leading 13-11 at the break.

Chiefs scrum getting destroyed at the start of second half. 3 scrum penalties against the Chiefs from 3 scrums in 2nd half so far.

Brumbies lead by 4 with 20 mins left

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The amount of turnovers is very high. ... chiefs can snatch this if they just keep it in hand

And at that nathai losses it in the tackle. ..

Not so sure that kick by cruden was the best option

Chiefs by 2 points. ...

Rebels switch off after the Tahs get a penalty advantage, Beale chips over and collects and offloads it to Hoiles for an easy finish. Tahs leading 10-7.

Half time Rebels 14 - 16 tahs

Bernard Foley with some criminal pillar defending on the last play

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Who missed that tackle? Awful stuff

Another bad missed tackle on Naiyaravoro gets him his second try. Bonus point in this match for the Tahs.

And then he ruins it by getting a yellow card. Obviously doesn't understand the rules.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    And then he ruins it by getting a yellow card. Obviously doesn't understand the rules.

He forgot what game he was playing

Hilarious :)

• Advertisement

Rebels draw level at 28 all. And get their 4 try bonus point

Foley hits a penalty to win the game for the Tahs, Rebels have 2 mins to salvage a losing bonus point. 38-28 at the moment.

All over. Exciting game even if the standard was pretty low ;)

sydthebeat wrote: »
    He forgot what game he was playing

Hilarious :)

What did he do?

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    What did he do?

The ball was kicked through into the tahs try area and he dived and knocked out straight out, rugby league style.

Yellow card for professional foul ;)

Tahs got a good win in the end. Didn't see the game but two losses in a row would have been a disaster. High scoring game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Unbelievable how the Brumbies managed to lose earlier. They really controlled that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The ball was kicked through into the tahs try area and he dived and knocked out straight out, rugby league style.

Yellow card for professional foul ;)

Karmichael Hunt did the same thing when he first started playing Union I think, think it was for Biarritz.

Just home from work to catch the second half of bulls/canes match.
    Another tight contest as expected with the canes down by 1 with 20 mins left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Haha go on Savea, this Hurricanes team can really go places now they don't have Mark Hammett coaching them.

Advertisement