Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

It sounds unusual to me just from what I've heard from other people, but as mentioned different venues probably have different ways of doing it. Ours was €1000 deposit and the rest due by the day itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

Hi Saraeavan,

Our Deposit was €3.5K when we booked last November for Feb 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Our deposit was 500 to secure the date and a further 750 to be paid next month, getting married in April aswell. No other monies required until day after

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Our wedding is Aug 16 and have the following booked: venue, humanist, singer, cake, dj, hair and make up. Going dress shopping next week. Obviously the finer details of the ceremony and music etc need to be tied down nearer the time but is there anything I should have by now that I have forgotten? Not having bridesmaids or photographer and the transport is provided by the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Dovies wrote: »
    Our wedding is Aug 16 and have the following booked: venue, humanist, singer, cake, dj, hair and make up. Going dress shopping next week. Obviously the finer details of the ceremony and music etc need to be tied down nearer the time but is there anything I should have by now that I have forgotten? Not having bridesmaids or photographer and the transport is provided by the hotel.
    You're very organised Dovies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Dovies wrote: »

Florist?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Florist?

Yep think I have found the one I want to use but dont know what I want yet! Spoke to my daughter over the weekend - lives in the UK - who asked had I decided what I wanted her to wear (and my OH's daughters). I said you said you didn't want to be bridesmaids - her response - no I said I would wear what you wanted me to wear! So now reconsidering the bridesmaid thing!! Kids eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Wedding nightmares have begun! Dremt last night that it was the day before the wedding & hadn't sent any invites, frantically ringing everyone we knew to tell them it's tomorrow!! We had no rings either, (my engagement is really gone to be fixed) went to the jewellers crying but he wouldn't serve me! That's what I get for reading wedding invite threads before bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

I had a dream I got into the wedding car that had a black leather interior but it had been polished with shoe polish so when I got out my dress was destroyed...I haven't even booked a wedding car yet haha don't think i'll be going for one with a black interior now though .... thats perfectly normal right......:rolleyes:

Thank god Im not the only one emzibob! Perfectly normal but my wedding is not for over a year so the dreams would want to stop ha:)

• Advertisement

Deposit paid for our wedding band :D Went with Electric Avenue, if they are as good on the night as they were at today's showcase we've nothing to worry about. If anyone in the Leinster area (they're based in Louth) hasn't a band yet, check them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Hopefully getting a call from the jewelers this week with the price from their rep for our rings! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Am I crazy?

I am emailing all the suppliers I've been in contact with, informing and apologizing for not selecting them.

Just wondering if I'm the only one doing this.

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Am I crazy?

I am emailing all the suppliers I've been in contact with, informing and apologizing for not selecting them.

Just wondering if I'm the only one doing this.

I'd say that's time consuming! Some have followed up asking if I am still interested, then I have replied (most of the time) with a quick sorry but we've gone with someonelse.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

I just signed up for the styling workshop at that event with One Fab Day - http://onefabday.com/ie/the-glitter-studio-styling-workshops/, it might get my head together for all the ideas I have. I could literally spend a fortune if I was let so I need to get it back to simple. The coloured linen are 500 euro and its a tough one to call since that's a week on honeymoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh well email if it makes you feel better but most understand.. Mind I think I more or less done the same, the min I knew we would not be using them I emailed to let them know..

The worst was the caterers, one was so so nice and we went with another but felt bad letting them down as they were so helpful..

What are you looking to style Westernlass or like what are you looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I emailed the venues we didn't go with just so they knew they could release our provisional date. I actually felt so bad, they had been so nice when showing us around. I felt like I was letting them down too, didn't want them to be upset :pac:

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh well email if it makes you feel better but most understand.. Mind I think I more or less done the same, the min I knew we would not be using them I emailed to let them know..

The worst was the caterers, one was so so nice and we went with another but felt bad letting them down as they were so helpful..

What are you looking to style Westernlass or like what are you looking for

I have hundreds of ideas for the tables, the outside area, the drinks reception etc. I've got the bits together, just trying to choose some key projects that will look cool as I'm conscious of time. Am just over five months away so it'll fly in with Christmas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I also signed up for that westernlass, I hope it will be good. I have ideas but not sure how well they will work, and some require ordering from BHLDN and other US sites so not so straightforward!

I see I see.... It is great to do everything. make sure and have someone there to help on the day to get all this stuff arranged.. I know I sound miserable but ours was all diy and it was great we had lots of fun but some stuff didn't get done on the day before or didn't get put out, as we were all too busy.. It is great to have someone outside of the party to do all this for ye..

• Advertisement

I see I see.... It is great to do everything. make sure and have someone there to help on the day to get all this stuff arranged.. I know I sound miserable but ours was all diy and it was great we had lots of fun but some stuff didn't get done on the day before or didn't get put out, as we were all too busy.. It is great to have someone outside of the party to do all this for ye..

We can set up the day before thankfully so that's a help. My future sister in law has offered to do the little bit of set up on the day and she's an event planner so it's second nature to her :)

lainey316 wrote: »
    I also signed up for that westernlass, I hope it will be good. I have ideas but not sure how well they will work, and some require ordering from BHLDN and other US sites so not so straightforward!

I know, I love the dreaming but getting my head around it all is a challenge. Exciting too as I doubt I'll ever get a chance to do this again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

I just signed up for the styling workshop at that event with One Fab Day - http://onefabday.com/ie/the-glitter-studio-styling-workshops/, it might get my head together for all the ideas I have. I could literally spend a fortune if I was let so I need to get it back to simple. The coloured linen are 500 euro and its a tough one to call since that's a week on honeymoon.

What's the story with this event? I looked at the website and Facebook page but Can't figure out whether it's worth me going to as I wouldn't do a work shop and have zero artistic ability. They seem to have some vendors lined up but the tickets are quite expensive so not sure it would be worth it? Like is it more geared towards workshops than just wandering around? Thanks :)

We can set up the day before thankfully so that's a help. My future sister in law has offered to do the little bit of set up on the day and she's an event planner so it's second nature to her :)

great stuff she will be a gem so.. We were the same we could set up in the venue the day beforehand but I think even though it was loverly now and I appreciated all the help there were too many people there asking me what to do and it wasted a lot of time as such the next day then was mad...

great stuff she will be a gem so.. We were the same we could set up in the venue the day beforehand but I think even though it was loverly now and I appreciated all the help there were too many people there asking me what to do and it wasted a lot of time as such the next day then was mad...

That's good advice, I'll have a plan of jobs wrote out :)

What's the story with this event? I looked at the website and Facebook page but Can't figure out whether it's worth me going to as I wouldn't do a work shop and have zero artistic ability. They seem to have some vendors lined up but the tickets are quite expensive so not sure it would be worth it? Like is it more geared towards workshops than just wandering around? Thanks :)

Theglitterstudio.ie has full details. I didn't think it was expensive but that's me as the wedding has warped my brain for what is and isn't. I bought the ticket before I knew about the event, I want to get the bits for the wedding on the day like the little bits. I want to see things in person as find buying online is hard to picture all together

• Registered Users Posts: 28 butterfly234

I'm getting married this day next year! I'm very excited and nervous at the same time...is this normal!?!? I am currently looking for a good videographer.. can you recommend one?

Will ye be doing wedding favours? I'm trying to decide what to do..any ideas?!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

I'm going with a charity donation for wedding favours, was looking at loads of different things and then thought we'd donate something rather than spend on favours. I checked out a few local charities who will supply me with little cards for the tables when you've donated to them.

I'm getting married this day next year! I'm very excited and nervous at the same time...is this normal!?!? I am currently looking for a good videographer.. can you recommend one?

Will ye be doing wedding favours? I'm trying to decide what to do..any ideas?!

I'd recommend looking up edithouse, I think they are great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Ugh, I need to send by birth certificate off to new Zealand to get an apostle stamp and now the post office will be striking. I forgot to send it last time I was in town, raging :(

Advertisement