Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 butterfly234

Well done you! I must have a look on Zaras website.. I never even thought of them.. I had a look on Asos but didn't see much.
    I am getting married around this time next year and today my mum & I went for a quick look in a shop for outfit Ideas & colours for her - WELL! the shop assistants were so rude asking when the wedding was and then one in the background said OMG!! What the heck is wrong with being trying to be organised!!!!
    Sorry about that haha , *Rant Over!!*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Yesterday was exactly 1 year to go for us! Soooooo excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

It's flying so fast. Organised is a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

Organised is the way to go westernlass! don't let dissmissive sales assistants put you off! I have both my mother and the grooms mother dressed from head to toe it's one less thing to do nearer the time!

My mam got her mother of the bride outfit yesterday. She's been watching a designer for ages she likes and then went and got it.

I'm not finding the wedding stuff stressful at all anymore. In fact work is much more stressful and the wedding is a nice break. We are also doing rather than researching so I like actually making progress.

I'm looking forward to the marriage though too as I think it'll be nice to be wedding free and plan something different after that. Maybe do up the house and stay addicted to pinterest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Im getting loads done too. I booked the date and venue/package for my hen already but was trying to decide what to do and where to go. Booked it for July so deposit has been paid. Im not going to tell people just yet, apart from my bridesmaids who already know. Might be too far yet to give out a date for July.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'm looking forward to the marriage though too as I think it'll be nice to be wedding free and plan something different after that. Maybe do up the house and stay addicted to pinterest

I found the first month - 6 weeks after we got back from honeymoon a total comedown. I just felt so bleugh for ages.

Things back to normal now thankfully but I totally didnt expect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 poledancer

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I dunno... I emailed 6/7 different harpists, all were available, prices differed especially if they have to learn a new song.

Perhaps start looking at singers that you'd want on the day and listen to playlists etc.

Personally, looking for a harpist, going through songs to play, listening to different albums was kinda stressful for me. :(

Hi MIN2511 .. Thanks for the feedback :) .. Might have little look then and see what's out there and what we like :) ...

Hi everybody, we've been looking at bands now we've been looking at one in particular which I actually got the name from this trend there called The Rubix Band and the other is a band called Sway Social ..

Has anybody on here seen or booked sway social?

I like the fact The Rubix Band are lively can see everybody dancing to them, which is what we all want :)

Just not to sure how lively Sway Social are from there you tube clip, as in getting the crowd going...
    Hope that makes sense :)

Thanks All

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I have The Rubix booked for our wedding. They are brill. I highly recommend you go see both at a gig if possible. That's where we saw the rubix. At a gig in Drogheda and we made our minds up nearly straight away when they started playing. We only planned to stay about a half hour but ended up staying until the end as they were that good. The whole pub was up dancing. They are brilliant.

Can't comment on sway social but try and go and see both and compare them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Anyone going to the Glitter Studio in CHQ this weekend? I have a ticket for Sunday, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's on offer.

Thanks Andreac for the advice I'll have a look and see when they are both playing next and we'll go and see them :) ....

Anyone going to the Glitter Studio in CHQ this weekend? I have a ticket for Sunday, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's on offer.

I went today. It was amazing. I didn't expect that at all. It's totally different to any of the other fairs I've been to. So pretty, just pretty stuff everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Hello!

I'm getting married in March 2016 in Las Vegas.

We just booked our flights there today and I only have one person to share it with outside my OH because it's a secret. The only people who know are my SIL and a friend of my OH. So I thought I'd share with all you internet strangers!

I haven't picked a Chapel yet and not sure how to approach the ceremony because it's just the 2 of us and neither of us is particularly sentimental and not at all religious.

I went today. It was amazing. I didn't expect that at all. It's totally different to any of the other fairs I've been to. So pretty, just pretty stuff everywhere

It must be me so, I went and I was very disappointed. I expected more suppliers, I found most of the prices to be slightly higher than the average.

e.g. buttonholes for €25 or pew ends from €20

It must be me so, I went and I was very disappointed. I expected more suppliers, I found most of the prices to be slightly higher than the average.

e.g. buttonholes for €25 or pew ends from €20

One fab day wouldn't typically have supplier who are below average. Its always the high end stuff. I just loved the ideas and the inspiration. The workshop on styling was really cool too

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭SecretBride

Morning! Thought I'd join in with things here....we got engaged 3 weeks ago and we are planning a surprise wedding in January...

Already got a load of stuff sorted, today is photographer day!!

Dying to have a look through all the posts for inspiration ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

One fab day wouldn't typically have supplier who are below average. Its always the high end stuff. I just loved the ideas and the inspiration. The workshop on styling was really cool too

I got a few ideas too but I did think it was small - now we have all our major suppliers booked so it was only decor I was looking for, so that was ok. I got there at one and was done by 2 so skipped out on the 330 styling workshop, I looked in on an earlier one and it seemed ot be mainly a video - but sounds like I made an error there!

Everything was lovely tho, really nice. maybe too vintagey/pinteresty but would rather that than some of the traditional slightly tacky stuff you see so often

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭SecretBride

Hello!

I'm getting married in March 2016 in Las Vegas.

We just booked our flights there today and I only have one person to share it with outside my OH because it's a secret. The only people who know are my SIL and a friend of my OH. So I thought I'd share with all you internet strangers!

I haven't picked a Chapel yet and not sure how to approach the ceremony because it's just the 2 of us and neither of us is particularly sentimental and not at all religious.

We are also getting married in secret and other than 2 friends and my OH nobody will know until we spring the surprise.....it's killing me already and I still have 11 weeks to go lol!

Would you consider one of the Elvis chapels there? We were witnesses for friends a few years ago and there was just 4 of us there....it was really good fun and because there were only 4 of us they didn't want to use a hotel chapel which would have seemed really empty. We had a great day finished off with dinner in the restaurant at the top of the Strat Tower at sundown which was fab. Other than that all of the hotels have chapels you can use but remember that you need to get your license sorted if it's a 'real' wedding there with no legal ceremony here :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Would you consider one of the Elvis chapels there? We were witnesses for friends a few years ago and there was just 4 of us there....it was really good fun and because there were only 4 of us they didn't want to use a hotel chapel which would have seemed really empty. We had a great day finished off with dinner in the restaurant at the top of the Strat Tower at sundown which was fab. Other than that all of the hotels have chapels you can use but remember that you need to get your license sorted if it's a 'real' wedding there with no legal ceremony here :-D

We have to go with one of the chapels because we don't have any witnesses so can't do it at the Office of Civil Marraiges. I'm thinking about Wee Kirk but just something simple. Neither of us are very sentimental. Also looking at some of the weddings on Youtube, it's looks totally awkward because Elvis just kind of serenades both of you.
    If it were up to me, I'd throw back a couple of Margaritas and just go with the flow of a crazy Vegas style wedding but my OH is adamant that we are both sober for the ceremony.

Are you guys going to do a big surprise announcement?

I'm not sure how to handle telling people. We have to keep it secret because my OH is American and he doesn't want his family to feel like they weren't included in the wedding because they could obviously easily make it to Vegas. But then what about my family, they couldn't fly from Ireland and so on and so on. The joys of international relationships!! We're doing a big surprise for his family on the weekend after the wedding but I'm not sure about my family....

• Advertisement

Ladies I'm doing up the text for my invites, How long before the big day do you ask for your R.S.V.P. replies to be sent? THANKS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

Its really up to yourself.
    Im giving 5 weeks. But have been sent invites with 2+months RSVP dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I said yes to the dress today!! I went in by myself to this shop. The Dress is nothing at all like the original idea in my head (lace across the collar) or like what I was trying on after my first few dresses (fit and flare with straps). It's a beautiful, classic strapless a-line dress in a gorgeous champagne colour. Put down my deposit today, I can't wait to go back and show my bridesmaids :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

emzibob wrote: »
    Ladies I'm doing up the text for my invites, How long before the big day do you ask for your R.S.V.P. replies to be sent? THANKS!!

Emzibob, I regretted putting this as a fixed text. My Mam had a reserve list of neighbours etc who had invited her to their daughter's wedding which she wanted to use if I had free spaces. So once I got back enough No Rsvps I wanted to send out another lot of invites but had to get them reprinted ($$$!) as the RSVP date on the originals would make it Obvious this person was being invited in the 'second wave' I'm not trying to start a conversation about the rights and wrongs of second waves (please let's not start that old chestnut up again in here :eek: just pointing out that if you do think you'll do second wave then leave the RSVP by: _____ a blank that is filled in manually

Emzibob, I regretted putting this as a fixed text. My Mam had a reserve list of neighbours etc who had invited her to their daughter's wedding which she wanted to use if I had free spaces. So once I got back enough No Rsvps I wanted to send out another lot of invites but had to get them reprinted ($$$!) as the RSVP date on the originals would make it Obvious this person was being invited in the 'second wave' I'm not trying to start a conversation about the rights and wrongs of second waves (please let's not start that old chestnut up again in here :eek: just pointing out that if you do think you'll do second wave then leave the RSVP by: _____ a blank that is filled in manually

Thanks Sticky! I was thinking of putting it about six weeks before the wedding but as I'm doing the invites myself I might leave some of them blank...another thing to think about! were still not 100% on the guest list so might need a few extra invites, the guest list has been the hardest part of the whole wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Hi Everyone. I'm March 2016. So far though I haven't registered with Joyce House. I am having a church wedding. Do all churches require the marriage course or does it depend on the priest? We've been together 12 years, living together for 9 and have 3 children! Am I leaving it too late to make the appointment to go register our intent to marry?

pampers1 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone. I'm March 2016. So far though I haven't registered with Joyce House. I am having a church wedding. Do all churches require the marriage course or does it depend on the priest? We've been together 12 years, living together for 9 and have 3 children! Am I leaving it too late to make the appointment to go register our intent to marry?
    When you say church wedding - catholic?

http://gettingmarried.ie/pages/index.php

I don't think there are exceptions but you can check with your priest re: courses.

Joyce house - once you agree on a date with the priest (if catholic) ring Joyce house to get an appointment.

Unitarian church = no marriage course required.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Our RSVP date was 3 weeks before the wedding and I deeply regretted leaving it that late. I thought I was being generous, but some people won't ever RSVP unless you ask them directly, so I had to wait until after the RSVP date to follow up with quite a few people. It was really stressful. Six weeks might be a bit early, so I'd go for about 4-5 weeks if I was doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Another month nearly over - hows the planning going folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Dovies wrote: »
    Another month nearly over - hows the planning going folks?

The time is just zooming by. I thought I was so organised but i'm feeling a bit overwhwlmed now by it all!

Advertisement