Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Anyone have an idea of when their hen/stag will be, meaning how long before the wedding? I'm travelling right now and trying to plan ahead but hard to know. Think it will either be just a few weeks before which may be too close for people, or else 8/9 months before. Is that too early?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

bearhugs wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of when their hen/stag will be, meaning how long before the wedding? I'm travelling right now and trying to plan ahead but hard to know. Think it will either be just a few weeks before which may be too close for people, or else 8/9 months before. Is that too early?

my wedding is 2nd weekend in march, hens is 1st weekend in feb but hubby to be's stag is last weekend this month due to the best man having a serious op coming up so I don't think it matters when you have it as long as people have a bit of notice and available you'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

bearhugs wrote: »

I've had mine and it was 6/7 months before my wedding next April! Like you I was stuck for when I could have it and it was either that earlier or a rushed affair a few weeks beforehand so I went with early :)

And it was an absolutely fantastic weekend!!! And it made me really excited because now I really feel like wow I'm actually getting married, kind of made it more real if you know what I mean. So if you want to do it 8/9 months beforehand then I'd say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Mine is around 6 weeks before my wedding. My friend who is chief bridesmaid lives in Spain and only gets home about 2 weeks before the Hen date. She comes home each Summer with her kids to her family so i had to wait until she got home. I don't think it really matters when you have it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Anyone giving their notice of intent to marry book their appointment online?
    Just went to do it there (FINALLY got my birth cert sorted) and it was a mess! I genuinely couldn't figure out if I was booking a ceremony or an appointment and half the page wouldn't even load right (I was on Chrome, so not the IE issue). Tried ringing the office, as per usual no-one is available to answer (the office has been open for 45 minutes now)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Just went to do it there (FINALLY got my birth cert sorted) and it was a mess! I genuinely couldn't figure out if I was booking a ceremony or an appointment and half the page wouldn't even load right (I was on Chrome, so not the IE issue). Tried ringing the office, as per usual no-one is available to answer (the office has been open for 45 minutes now)...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I haven't got my birth cert sorted yet, but I had a nose at the site and its all over the place and makes no sense :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

Is this the HSE site or which site are ye talking about.. Found it relatively simple to do.. Ring the office get the email address and send in an email with the details... Found Cork very good to deal with

Milly33 wrote: »
    Is this the HSE site or which site are ye talking about.. Found it relatively simple to do.. Ring the office get the email address and send in an email with the details... Found Cork very good to deal with

The official HSE site for booking an appointment. It tells you that the first step is to book your ceremony and then leads on from there as if you are booking a date. But we have already booked our date, had our venue approved and got the letter stating our date, time and solemniser for the day. I've been ringing the office since 9.30 when they opened, they are still not answering and they close in 30 minutes. I don't want to proceed trying to book on the site if its actually a ceremony date they are making me book first because obviously that date would be a bit late for the appointment :rolleyes:
    There is no email supplied on the contact details for my local office, so if they don't answer I won't be able to give them details that way either!

Bit lost now if ye have yer date booked, and the venue and all approved and ye have yer letters why are ye booking again? Genuine question now..

Here is the link http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/bdm/contactus/

Click on your local office and the email and the contact details come up...If none appear then maybe pick the next county and email asking them

Bit lost now if ye have yer date booked, and the venue and all approved and ye have yer letters why are ye booking again? Genuine question now..

Here is the link http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/bdm/contactus/

Click on your local office and the email and the contact details come up...If none appear then maybe pick the next county and email asking them

Monaghan do not have an email address is what I am saying. There is only a phone number.

And I am trying to book the appointment to register intent to marry. It has to be done a minimum of three months before the wedding, but when I last spoke with them, they said it was better to do it as soon as possible in case there was a need for any more documentation.
    The website will not allow you to book this appointment unless you also book your ceremony (which we have already done).

• Advertisement

This is kinda what I mean though, if ye have booked yer Ceremony already with them why do you need to register your intent to marry? Do they now already have this since ye have booked the ceremony with them. I don't remember it being difficult at all...

email this address and ask them crs.midwest@hse.ie

This is kinda what I mean though it ye have booked yer Ceremony already with them why do you need to register your intent to marry? Do they now already have this since ye have booked the ceremony with them. I don't remember it being difficult at all...

email this address and ask them crs.midwest@hse.ie

No, it's the legal requirement that you have to do both. It is at this appointment that you actually have to pay for the service. It's also where you present all your documentation.

We provisionally booked our date over the phone and gave the venue. We were sent out a venue registration pack which our venue had to fill out in order to be inspected. They did that, we sent it back, it was approved after the inspection and we got a letter saying that the date, time and venue were approved and the wedding is officially booked. It gave the full cost of all services required on the back, which is to be paid at the booking appointment. Up until this point, we were not required to attend the office in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

No, it's the legal requirement that you have to do both. It is at this appointment that you actually have to pay for the service. It's also where you present all your documentation.

I have just spoken to the Registrars office (as the bit above confused me) and she said I didnt need to do anything other than the 3 month registration.

Dovies wrote: »
    I have just spoken to the Registrars office (as the bit above confused me) and she said I didnt need to do anything other than the 3 month registration.

Well that's what I was told to do by the Registration Office in Monaghan. It even states on the letter I got a week ago that my next step is to make my "three months notice" appointment as soon as possible.
    It mentions on the list of things I have to bring that I need the name of my appointed solemniser. When I asked over the phone how I would get one they told me that I would be appointed one after my venue and date were approved. This letter has her name on it?

Obviously different offices have different procedures but this is the one they've put me through.

See now so you want to make your appointment to go in to meet them post is a little confusing..

I take you are getting married Jan then is it or early next year..This seems to be working fine http://137.191.241.51/CeremonyPlanner.Ireland/Default.aspx

or if you cant get onto them just email the address up above and say you are trying to contact the Monaghan office but the lines are busy etc..

Don't stress

Mostly the same, think tis just how ye are picking it up

See now so you want to make your appointment to go in to meet them post is a little confusing..

I take you are getting married Jan then is it or early next year..This seems to be working fine http://137.191.241.51/CeremonyPlanner.Ireland/Default.aspx

or if you cant get onto them just email the address up above and say you are trying to contact the Monaghan office but the lines are busy etc..

Don't stress

I don't really see what's confusing, obviously the different offices have different procedures but I was told to do things step by step and that this appointment is the final step. Not getting married until the end of next year actually, but she assured me over the phone that leaving it until May of next year could be a huge mistake if any further information was needed.
    I'm guessing for some reason Monaghan require you to do all of the groundwork before the notification appointment. The letter I got off them last week after completing all of the steps outlined to me states clearly that now, and only now, am I fit and able to make my notification appointment, and that I should contact them to book such

"well over three months of the intended date of marriage".

:confused:

The confusing bit as such is that you have already done this, you have your date booked with them, you have your venue, now you just need to make the appointment to go in to meet with them. That's it I think maybe tis the wording.

Again email that address or just call into the office if they aren't answer the phone and make the appointment...

The confusing bit as such is that you have already done this, you have your date booked with them, you have your venue, now you just need to make the appointment to go in to meet with them. That's it I think maybe tis the wording.

Again email that address or just call into the office if they aren't answer the phone and make the appointment...

Yeah that's where I was confused. It gives you the option to book your notification appointment only online if you live in certain counties. But for Monaghan/Louth/Cavan, you have to book the ceremony and the notification appointment. But obviously I've booked the ceremony through Monaghan already, so obviously I can't book it again because that date is gone :pac:

Talk about making it difficult for me!

Ah all these forms are a bit confusing and waffle-ly... I just went through it there on the this link http://137.191.241.51/CeremonyPlanne...d/Default.aspx

Went through booking a civil marriage, at other venue and it works. Maybe give that a go and wait for them to contact you.. Like you say you have plenty of time as such for them to get back to you.

Twill all be grand :)

• Advertisement

Ah all these forms are a bit confusing and waffle-ly... I just went through it there on the this link http://137.191.241.51/CeremonyPlanne...d/Default.aspx

Went through booking a civil marriage, at other venue and it works. Maybe give that a go and wait for them to contact you.. Like you say you have plenty of time as such for them to get back to you.

Twill all be grand :)

Yeah it works fine, but when I click for Monaghan, it asks me to pick my venue type etc and the date. The date of my wedding isn't there and there are no time slots available. So obviously it won't let me move onto the next step because my date is not available because someone (aka me) is already getting married on that date.

not sure then sorry youll just have to keep trying or email them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

We got ours sorted eventually for a few weeks ago but something happened and we couldn't make it. Tried ringing to cancel but of course there was no answer, and now when we try book it it says these details already exist and it won't let me rebook.
    The site is a mess though, some offices seem to have no availability between now and next September. And of course if you try ringing no one answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Went to dress shop number 2 today! One of my bridesmaids moved overseas since the last one (which now makes 2 in the UK :( ) so I took along my remaining bridesmaid and one of my friends. Think I've found *the* dress, like I can actually imagine myself wearing it and being beside himself on the day and it working in with the colours and everything.
    It's also funny, cos the Bridal shop names all their dresses themselves and the name they gave this dress is one that we use in an inside joke/quote from something between us for the last few years

Went to dress shop number 2 today! One of my bridesmaids moved overseas since the last one (which now makes 2 in the UK :( ) so I took along my remaining bridesmaid and one of my friends. Think I've found *the* dress, like I can actually imagine myself wearing it and being beside himself on the day and it working in with the colours and everything.
    It's also funny, cos the Bridal shop names all their dresses themselves and the name they gave this dress is one that we use in an inside joke/quote from something between us for the last few years

I'm counting down the days until I can even half-heartedly start dress shopping. Found the bridesmaid dresses, just have to measure my ladies and order them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

poledancer wrote: »
    Thanks b2b's

MIN2511 .. Forgot we have photographer .. Friend of ours so kinda forgot about him .. Hehe. Ok so next is band and videographer :)
    Do you think I need to maybe look at church singer now then too?

I dunno... I emailed 6/7 different harpists, all were available, prices differed especially if they have to learn a new song.

Perhaps start looking at singers that you'd want on the day and listen to playlists etc.

Personally, looking for a harpist, going through songs to play, listening to different albums was kinda stressful for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Picked our rings today. Got them in Neil Conway jewelers in town just off Dame Street. Had met them at the fair in City West 2 weeks ago so popped in today.
    Looked at suits too so he just needs to go back with his brother to make a decision but more than likely will pick the darker navy one. Hoping he will pick that as the lighter blue one doesn't match with bridesmaids colour but the dark navy does.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 butterfly234

I was asked today what I was thinking of wearing for the afters!! (I'm having a bbq in a bar with around 50 guests) What the heck does one wear!!? I never even thought about it!

I was asked today what I was thinking of wearing for the afters!! (I'm having a bbq in a bar with around 50 guests) What the heck does one wear!!? I never even thought about it!

Afters as in the evening reception or the party one throws the following day?

If its the following day, any I've ever been to the bride just wore an outfit appropriate to the venue aka nice going out dress or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

I bought a white dress online. It's lacy like a short wedding dress. It's from Zara :) That's my next days outfit.

We bought his suit this weekend and started booking our honeymoon. We should get the rings order in the next week or so.

Feel like we did a lot this past week but then again it's getting really close for us. Hitting the five month mark soon.

Advertisement