Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO 2015 World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Probably was asked already but can anyone tell me what's the story with yerman coming out wearing a pair of gimp gloves(harms).

seanhynes wrote: »
    God what a thing to say to him from Murray plonker of a presenter

What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭crasy dash

squadro wrote: »
    What did he say?

Probably should be what did he say now what a twat of a man cant stand him just as well i dont have bt sports couldnt be listening to his shyte:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Are Harms and Dekker going to PDC Q School?

The reason I'm curious is that people on other forums are speculating that maybe both players weren't too pushed this year knowing that problems could arise with getting paid prize money if they were to earn PDC cards. (also something to do with their 'Mariflex' sponsorship deal being up? if anybody knows anything about that?)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭mike2084

I would love to see the BDO and PDC winners take each on for a decent prize again, like Taylor & Fordham did in 2004 where Fordham had to unfortunately withdraw - can be seen on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vJahgf9dm4

There was also a Battle of the Champions show in 1997 between Taylor and Burnett.

Usually the four lakeside semi-finalists are offered PDC contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just catching up on the highlights here. That Dutch referee is worse than ever, it's gone from 'one undwed' to 'wundred'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Sherrock and Mason both seem like good players. Only watching the highlights but a potential winner from it I'd say.

Both are easy on the eye too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

robman60 wrote: »
    Sherrock and Mason both seem like good players. Only watching the highlights but a potential winner from it I'd say.

Both are easy on the eye too!

A world apart from Gulliver and the Dutch girl. That was tedious stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

How has the standard been this year, have not got a chance to watch any matches yet?

Top drawer so far, just waiting for that guy that missed the board
    last year to show up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Xenji wrote: »
    How has the standard been this year, have not got a chance to watch any matches yet?

Have seen a good bit but missed alot on espn, apart from 1 excellent set from wilson(and 3 disasters) and a really good game from fitton its being average enough, scoring has been decent the missed doubles though have been laughable in some games, I think its improving though year on year

A world apart from Gulliver and the Dutch girl. That was tedious stuff altogether.
    It was poor viewing alright. I really am a big fan of Mason's throw. Seems really natural and the darts hit the board with a nice little spin!

Very good standard in this game; the odd stray dart but it's good viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The reason I'm curious is that people on other forums are speculating that maybe both players weren't too pushed this year knowing that problems could arise with getting paid prize money if they were to earn PDC cards. (also something to do with their 'Mariflex' sponsorship deal being up? if anybody knows anything about that?)

I don't know anything about the rumours but watched Harms last night and after winning the first set he then lost 7 or 8 legs on the spin and lost 3 - 1. He didn't seem to bothered about it either during or after the match so who knows, maybe there is some truth in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Cracking match between fitton and norris.

And Fitton snatches it. I thought Norris had it but he wasn't consistent enough. He produced some great legs but couldn't find a triple in others.

Really enjoyed that fair play to both lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Who knew noel gallagher is a female darts player

I thought it was superwoman when I saw her first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

bo selecta

tont green is now on twitter

https://twitter.com/tonygreenBDO/status/552550714078416896

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Lol u see what murrays said de grafts baby in players room higher mental iq than some darts players and looked at bobby George :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I few dirty looks from robbie towards sajwani

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

jamesbere wrote: »
    I few dirty looks from robbie towards sajwani

His 180 celebrations were a bit over the top in fairness. Like he had won a leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

How many scoring errors is this ref going to have in this tournament? I'm going for more than 100+checkouts! :D Counting is the basis of his job, speaking 2nd...and he's a failure at both!

Who knew noel gallagher is a female darts player
    crasy dash wrote: »
    I thought it was superwoman when I saw her first.

:D fair play to the aul doll walking out to some pumping tunes. She's helped redeem some of the old fashioned crap we've had to put up with(like her opponents "come on eileen")

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

Robbie Green is scoring well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Oh stop it Sajwani your overdoing It now :p great darts Green

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Harms might have a chance but Dekker is hopeless IMO.

btsports have taken over any other tv channel for darts by having Helen Skelton as part of the coverage team!

I'd watch cricket is she presented it! She's great

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Devastator wrote: »
    btsports have taken over any other tv channel for darts by having Helen Skelton as part of the coverage team!

I'd watch cricket is she presented it! She's great

Ya she's brilliant. Loved her on BTSP when it was a show on BT (annoying they got rid of it . . .)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Just noticed that Belgian mong Jackie is back this year. I know he's most likely not the full shilling but I'd love to shove that stupid hat down his throat.

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ya she's brilliant. Loved her on BTSP when it was a show on BT (annoying they got rid of it . . .)

Was that the live show on sat or sun morning that covered a bit of everything? If so I was talking about it earlier in the thread, using it as example of some of btsports good shows

Advertisement