Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO 2015 World Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

He was on with the presenter interviewing Mitchell and he coughed into the microphone through he whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

sc86 wrote: »
    thats first 9 average is it not?
    thats normally what bdo use
    not overall average

No sir that is overall average, cannot stand that first 9dart average though.

Daryl Fitton 88avg checkout 28% won 3 0 very bad. Jenno 81av FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭crasy dash

God the camera work is terrible watching it now on BBC two, first dart is in the bed well before we see it.

Still when its for free I ain't complaining sky is a killer to be honest.

Cannot stand that Ross Montgomery, at least he got rid of that wart on his arm, thank fcuk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭crasy dash

That Colin Murray is a plank of a man taking the piss of Anastacia domo(can't spell her name haha)

The girl has ten times the talent he will ever have.Pity they didn't show him the door completely when he got axed from match of the day.

crasy dash wrote: »
    That Colin Murray is a plank of a man taking the piss of Anastacia domo(can't spell her name haha)

The girl has ten times the talent he will ever have.Pity they didn't show him the door completely when he got axed from match of the day.

Have to agree, tries to be funny but it falls flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

crasy dash wrote: »

He's a complete embarrassment tbh. I don't even know what he was attempting with Anastasia but he made a fool of himself anyway. I've been hoping he'd get axed but year on year he keeps getting the gig. :rolleyes:

On a separate note there's been some quality throwing between Montgomery and Blackwell. Rooting for Blackwell but Montgomery seems to have the beating of him.

robman60 wrote: »
    He's a complete embarrassment tbh. I don't even know what he was attempting with Anastasia but he made a fool of himself anyway. I've been hoping he'd get axed but year on year he keeps getting the gig. :rolleyes:

On a separate note there's been some quality throwing between Montgomery and Blackwell. Rooting for Blackwell but Montgomery seems to have the beating of him.

Must be watching a different match. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Must be watching a different match. :D

Couple of ton plus finishes and Blackwell excruciatingly close to a 170 checkout. Asada - Dawson is pretty ordinary, though. Asada hasn't a clue what he's doing unfortunately; dropping darts every few throws and a 73 average.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Hilariously dire stuff between Asada and Dawson on BBC2 at the moment. Most pub players would probably beat Asada.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I have to say I really enjoyed that match!

robman60 wrote: »
    Couple of ton plus finishes and Blackwell excruciatingly close to a 170 checkout. Asada - Dawson is pretty ordinary, though. Asada hasn't a clue what he's doing unfortunately; dropping darts every few throws and a 73 average.

Toss or I mean Ross Montgomery won the 1st set with a 77avg, pretty poor in fairness. It did improve over the next few sets but was still not great.

Feeling ill

During Winstanley(Mrs)/Prins match the camera for some reason decided to zoom right in on 1 punter in the crowd, dressed in his full union jack suit who was elbow deep in his own nose! Dirty beast! Caught snat handed

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

no way can this live up to the PDC this year (or any year) but i will still watch every minute

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Bobby George if he had the strength and energy must be awfully tempted to chuck Colin Murray over that balcony with his silly awful jibes about his jewellery,he just said there his jewellery interferes with the power in the room ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hayden has such a strange throwing action, you would wonder how he could possibly be accurate with it.

seanhynes wrote: »
    Bobby George if he had the strength and energy must be awfully tempted to chuck Colin Murray over that balcony with his silly awful jibes about his jewellery,he just said there his jewellery interferes with the power in the room ffs

Can't stand him. Cringe any time I hear him.
    In 1 of my previous jobs(call centre) some fella told me that I sounded like him(well your man off match of the day 2!), I think my less than positive response caught him a bit off guard lol.

To go back to an earlier point about BDO having a kind of 80s theme....WTFs going on with players choice of walk on music or do they even have a choice? theres a young fella on now Rhys Hayden who came onto grease lightening?!?!? That may have even been 70s. I understand older players with 70s/80s music because they've had it since it was new but dont understand why this kid would have something so old.

The choice of a good walk on song can be vital, well maybe not so much in BDO but people were talking of Vincent VD Voort getting into premier league because he is apparently a crowd pleaser.....to me he has a catchy walk on tune that fits with his name and people are just singing the tune...nothing particularly to do with him.

Devastator wrote: »
    Can't stand him. Cringe any time I hear him.
    In 1 of my previous jobs(call centre) some fella told me that I sounded like him(well your man off match of the day 2!), I think my less than positive response caught him a bit off guard lol.

To go back to an earlier point about BDO having a kind of 80s theme....WTFs going on with players choice of walk on music or do they even have a choice? theres a young fella on now Rhys Hayden who came onto grease lightening?!?!? That may have even been 70s. I understand older players with 70s/80s music because they've had it since it was new but dont understand why this kid would have something so old.

The choice of a good walk on song can be vital, well maybe not so much in BDO but people were talking of Vincent VD Voort getting into premier league because he is apparently a crowd pleaser.....to me he has a catchy walk on tune that fits with his name and people are just singing the tune...nothing particularly to do with him.

Think its a nickname he's called grease lightning over his speed of play and hairstyle but v.poor song to walk onto ,I won't slate the music anyways it's never going to have the same buzz as Pdc no walk on girls etc,it's good crack reading Eric Bristows and Barry Hearns tweets about BDO,tony green barely acknowledged andersons win last night oh he won did he ,hate his blasted attitude and always trying sly digs at pdc crowds ,always a respectful crowd here at the Lakeside said it 50 times since Saturday getting monotonous now

Giving the perfect order my god he doesn't stop get him off the air he's so stuck back in the 80's:mad:

• Advertisement

Think its a nickname he's called grease lightning over his speed of play and hairstyle

I would have thougt it's to do with his name. G-G-G-Go Rhys Hayden :pac:

Think its a nickname he's called grease lightning over his speed of play and hairstyle but v.poor song to walk onto ,I won't slate the music anyways it's never going to have the same buzz as Pdc no walk on girls etc,it's good crack reading Eric Bristows and Barry Hearns tweets about BDO,tony green barely acknowledged andersons win last night oh he won did he ,hate his blasted attitude and always trying sly digs at pdc crowds ,always a respectful crowd here at the Lakeside said it 50 times since Saturday getting monotonous now

Is it? :eek: I was thinking it could only possibly be some nickname connection but then I seen he had "the heart of darts"(:rolleyes:) on his shirt and thought couldn't be.

Always gonna be people of both sides(PDC/BDO) having digs at eachother and Chris Mason somewhere inbetween having digs at anyone he considers too successful lol thought it was funny last night that Bristow asked Bobby George how he knew Anderson won and Bobby replied he was watching it instead of the bdo :D

Tony Green's been repeating the same monotonous lines for decades now. He's very hard to listen to. I wish someone would wire his chair to the mains and give him the odd wee shock now n then just to get him sounding a bit more enthusiastic lol

Was anyone watching the BDO while the PDC final was finishing last night? Did the crowd know, did they react or chant for Anderson or anything? I can't help but think some BDO fans still see Anderson as one of theirs and taking some sort of moral victory from last night :D probably wrong

Jaysus, that was a tedious leg. Widmayer is awful on the doubles, not even close with most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭statto25

Giving the perfect order my god he doesn't stop get him off the air he's so stuck back in the 80's:mad:

Mentioned it there a minute ago. "excellent crowd, giving it the best of order" that's cause they are flat-out asleep watching this game.

Said there's been a significant amount of money put on the kid overnight earlier one of the commentators too he only lives up the road 20min Hayden too maybe local support..
    Some of the finishing here is cat Widmayer hit the edge of the board twice on double 10,looking good for 2-1 now if the yank can hold throw

statto25 wrote: »
    Mentioned it there a minute ago. "excellent crowd, giving it the best of order" that's cause they are flat-out asleep watching this game.

Aye you'll hear it about 1000000 times before Sunday he should be called up on that by the BBC it's constant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

As I said in post #45, Greeny is well past his prime and so I think it's time for him to retire.

Won't have to listen to any more grease lightening anyway lol

I hear Tony green's gonna shock the world by mixing it up in the next game, he's gonna go mental and say "Excellent crowd, they're giving it the best of order....this knowledgeable darts crowd"

Anyone know what ya call the postman pat lookalike interviewer? He's on snooker aswell, rob I think his name might be. What a dull interview he just conducted with Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Is that the over dressed slim guy? It's Rob Walker. He's awful. I always thought he looked ridiculous at the darts in a 3 piece suit.

• Advertisement

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Is that the over dressed slim guy? It's Rob Walker. He's awful. I always thought he looked ridiculous at the darts in a 3 piece suit.

thats it! just googled it to make sure :D I bet he's a load of craic to go out partying with lol

Advertisement