Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO 2015 World Championship

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I think the BDO has a certain class about it that money can't buy & gives a great platform for women in darts instead of them being just being paraded as T & A accompanying the players to the oche. The bad point about the Darts on BBC is Colin Murray.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anderson was a very special player in the BDO but never did it at the Lakeside (or on tv, brilliant on the floor).He beat Taylor in 2007 World Darts Trophy as a BDO player in a cracking match. At that time he was the best player in the world. I think he was at his peak back then, in my opinion.

I've always been an Anderson fan.

He is a far more complete player now and undoubtedly playing the best darts of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i think if anderson keeps doing what he is doing he could win 4 or 5 world's ... hope he does.. lewis should take a look because he has gone down hill in last 2 years,as his weight has gone up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The bad point about the Darts on BBC is Colin Murray.

And Greeny and Vassos? :o:o:o;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Still some names missing off the list up so far for Q School - as I know Devon Petersen is over to try and get back on the tour. Known names from the BDO who are believed to be trying for a card
    Jamie Wilson
    Jan Dekker
    Alan Norris
    Robbie Green (who was clear he was giving PDC a go some time ago)
    Both BDO youth finalists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

http://www.live-darts.com/category/darts-news/darts-transfer-window-2015-201501090002/`

cant see mitchell moving now, but surprised he admits he will move soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just watching the final on BT Sports now, the darts are going well into the board, none of the hassle like the PDC had with the Unicorn board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

durrant has said hes moving to pdc next jan

did wesley harms move?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Clareman wrote: »
    Just watching the final on BT Sports now, the darts are going well into the board, none of the hassle like the PDC had with the Unicorn board.

I thought that too, looks a better quality board. I think the Unicorn Eclipse Pro is fine, it seems to be more the HD causing the problems. I need a new one and I'd go for the Blade 4 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

sc86 wrote: »
    durrant has said hes moving to pdc next jan

did wesley harms move?

I don't think Harms went after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭AlanG

BDO
    Scott Mitchell 92.61
    Martin Adams 92.55

PDC
    Gary Anderson 97.68
    Phil Taylor 100.69

I really enjoyed this years BDO champs. While there is no doubt that the PDC is of a higher standard it is also the case that BDO players have very little experience playing in front of large crowds and on TV. This has to have an impact come World Champs time. It would be interesting to see how players would compare in a private or Pub setting without so much pressure.

Advertisement