Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO 2015 World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Montgomery played exceptionally. His bull checkout where he was far to the left of the oche was an absolute peach as well, the best bull hit I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Should have moved across a few years ago, maybe after the Grand Slam win would have been the right time, probably would have made the Premier League in the form he was in back then.

He was well able to keep up with the PDC guys back then. I remember hearing that he really loved his job and playing darts in his spare time. He was a carpenter with a council. Maybe the thoughts of making the move and going pro and not getting anywhere put him off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

World class performances everywhere you look.

:eek: where? Dont think theres been 100+average across the whole competition and pretty sure some players in the tournament are struggling for a 90+ average!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Devastator wrote: »
    :eek: where? Dont think theres been 100+average across the whole competition and pretty sure some players in the tournament are struggling for a 90+ average!

Sarcasm I'd hazard a guess at.

Keep expecting this Scottish ref to break out in to a little ray mcloone( little Britain character) ditty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Tony green had said the best of order 4times already and he thought MITchell was throwing for the match just there he's as bad as ever this afternoon :pac:

seanhynes wrote: »
    Tony green had said the best of order 4times already and he thought MITchell was throwing for the match just there he's as bad as ever this afternoon :pac:

Its actually got to the stage were his health is concerning me. I've had 3 relatives suffer from dementia and alzheimers and the repetition of questions/phrases along with general confusion are major signs of trouble ahead

Think the two commentators are having a competition to see who can get in the most dog related references/jokes. Ffs

Yerman Dawson has an awful throwing style.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

hoping for a scottish whitewash of the worlds this year

• Advertisement

hoping for a scottish whitewash of the worlds this year

Definitely in this match! Cant tolerate wolfie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Definitely in this match! Cant tolerate wolfie

x2

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

I'm waiting for the day a player clocks the referee - "Ross to throw first - game on" - "Who the f*ck are you calling a gay mon?"

curioser wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the day a player clocks the referee - "Ross to throw first - game on" - "Who the f*ck are you calling a gay mon?"

*tumbleweed*

Have you been stealing jokes from tony green?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Great to see Wolfie back to his best. One of the greatest of all-time.

Wolfie, as ridiculous as this sounds, could equal Barney on 5 world championships. Some of the 'top' players have been shocking this tournament and more and more taking on the PDC challenge opens for wolfie to be about the only 1 left!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

*tumbleweed*

Have you been stealing jokes from tony green?
    Is it that old?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Out of what's left I'd like to see Scott Mitchell or the Canadian qualifier win it.

curioser wrote: »
    Is it that old?

Incredibly sh*t!
    Out of what's left I'd like to see Scott Mitchell or the Canadian qualifier win it.

I'm want ABW....Anyone But Wolfie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭BQQ

The best performer thus far has been Glen Durrant.
    Had a 98 avg in the second round and a 96 in the first.

He plays Fitton tonight and if he comes through that, I'd fancy him to beat Adams in the semi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Wolfie and Bobby George playing with the wolf hand puppet during his post match interview has to go down as the cringiest moment of the championships so far. Even worse than the referees and 'Little' Richard Ashdown dancing on stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Wolfie and Bobby George playing with the wolf hand puppet during his post match interview has to go down as the cringiest moment of the championships so far. Even worse than the referees and 'Little' Richard Ashdown dancing on stage.

That's part of Lakeside's endearing charm. I hope it never changes.

its embarrassing! like the people howling when adams won a leg/set

Kong going out here to Jeff Smith, sweating buckets on stage! Wonder how he'll get on under the big lights of PDC? Not looking good from this performance

Smith 5-1 Kong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

its embarrassing! like the people howling when adams won a leg/set

Kong going out here to Jeff Smith, sweating buckets on stage! Wonder how he'll get on under the big lights of PDC? Not looking good from this performance

If he can't do it under pressure here against this lad he'll struggle hugely in the PDC

munster87 wrote: »
    If he can't do it under pressure here against this lad he'll struggle hugely in the PDC

Was it pressure, was it he's unfit and can't handle a stage with ights or is he just not that good?

TBH(easy to say now :p ) I've never seen anything from him to make me think he could/would do damage in the PDC but it was alarming just how much he struggled to be up there tonight.

Fair play to Smith the qualifier!

The little blonde one needs to do a few bicep curls. And a bit of subtraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

Was it pressure, was it he's unfit and can't handle a stage with ights or is he just not that good?

TBH(easy to say now :p ) I've never seen anything from him to make me think he could/would do damage in the PDC but it was alarming just how much he struggled to be up there tonight.

Fair play to Smith the qualifier!

He played very well the last day against the Swedish player when there was very little pressure put on him

What happened at end of the girls game? My tv was going nuts and cut off. Was there a miscount or something because seemed like confusion.

Confusion in commentary box aswell....Tony Green"What a champion!!"....ummmmmm Tony, that wasn't the final mate!

• Advertisement

Fallon left double 16 but threw a single six and then took out double 13 with her second arrow to win. It's always like that in the commentary box.

Advertisement