Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Andalucia wrote: »
    Peace and Co is a non runner tmow.lame today

You better pass on your info to everyone else in the industry as they still seem to think he runs (including Henderson, Geraghty etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

yaboya1 wrote: »
    +1
    He was also receiving weight from most of the field. Can't see the Irish horses figuring at all in the World Hurdle.

I'd be with you as well lads, i was disappointed,had a good punt on him the other day with him getting weight i felt he should be odds on. Surprised Meade said the ground wouldn't suit when he's form on soft and heavy,were they on quicksand the other day? Carberry onboard and he probably would've been held onto for a little longer and might have hung on but i went from thinking hed be a live contender for the World hurdle to thinking he's an outsider with a squeak at a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Dying to see Peace and Co. Aeroplane this thing is.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Dying to see Peace and Co. Aeroplane this thing is.

Stall the bogey for a little bit. He looked like he could be a star last time but he's a Juvenile,never wise to get too carried away.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

yaboya1 wrote: »
    You better pass on your info to everyone else in the industry as they still seem to think he runs (including Henderson, Geraghty etc.)

He runs. Sorry about that misinformation it seems.
    Interesting to see how he runs now.

• Advertisement

Stall the bogey for a little bit. He looked like he could be a star last time but he's a Juvenile,never wise to get too carried away.

True enough but he pulled like a train last day and still demolished them.

That Peace and Co is a bit of head banger. Jumped the first hurdle while he was rearing :pac: Quicker pace for him and the better he will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Jesus you'd have to be worried by how hard PAC pulls. Championship pace should see him to best effect though. Already looking forward to him V Douvan in Arkle next year. Two speedsters with massive scope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Meath Centre Forward

Peace and Co does not look a chaser to me. Also Douvan in the Arkle? I'd say Mullins other novices: Alvisio Ville, Tell Us More & Shaneshill look more like future chasers than himbut I could be wrong. It's hard to tell with Mullins too! What stands out to me about Peace And Co is how well he hurdles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Alba Frere

If Vautour runs in the JLT this year and Douvan wins or is even top 3 in the Supreme/Neptune, he'll be going Arkle next year I'd put my house on it.

• Advertisement

Peace and Co does not look a chaser to me. Also Douvan in the Arkle? I'd say Mullins other novices: Alvisio Ville, Tell Us More & Shaneshill look more like future chasers than himbut I could be wrong. It's hard to tell with Mullins too! What stands out to me about Peace And Co is how well he hurdles.

Both are chasers all over IMO. They jump hurdles at their ease but fences will see them to better effect. Will be the making of Peace and Co too helping him settle. Alviso will be a JLT/RSA horse while Tell Us More could be an Arkle or JLT horse but Ricci/O'Leary - different owners with different philosophies on what they want so I can definitely see Douvan in an Arkle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Meath Centre Forward

There is no way Peace and Co will go chasing next season. He's such a natural hurdler with loads of gears. He's flat bred like all of Munir's and I don't think he's ever had even a half decent chaser probably because of the type of horses he buys.

Douvan is not like Champagne Fever (Stowaway) or Vautour (Robin Des Champs) both of whom were very clearly bred for jumps and for staying trips. It's hard to tell as Mullins has several options and the fact Faugheen is there might persuade them to go chasing but definitely looking at him he looks more a hurdler than a a chaser to me.

I'm prepared though to be wrong on Douvan, but definitely not Peace and Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

I wouldn't really be worried about anything racing against More of That on the big day at Cheltenham, Nicky Henderson will have him in peak condition for the festival, his yard is starting to hit form now which will hopefully continue for Cheltenham. I backed Peace and Co for the Triumph Hurdle at Cheltenham ante post months ago, could anybody post a link of todays race if one is available please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

i thought that temps por tout was suppose to be a machine

There is no way Peace and Co will go chasing next season. He's such a natural hurdler with loads of gears. He's flat bred like all of Munir's and I don't think he's ever had even a half decent chaser probably because of the type of horses he buys.

Douvan is not like Champagne Fever (Stowaway) or Vautour (Robin Des Champs) both of whom were very clearly bred for jumps and for staying trips. It's hard to tell as Mullins has several options and the fact Faugheen is there might persuade them to go chasing but definitely looking at him he looks more a hurdler than a a chaser to me.

I'm prepared though to be wrong on Douvan, but definitely not Peace and Co.

Ok. Good to see you're prepared anyway, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

He owns Ma Filleule.

I wouldn't really be worried about anything racing against More of That on the big day at Cheltenham, Nicky Henderson will have him in peak condition for the festival, his yard is starting to hit form now which will hopefully continue for Cheltenham. I backed Peace and Co for the Triumph Hurdle at Cheltenham ante post months ago, could anybody post a link of todays race if one is available please?

Do you mean Beat That?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Sorry meant Jonjo O Neill. I can't see anything in the betting for the World Hurdle that beats More of That

Sorry meant Jonjo O Neill. I can't see anything in the betting for the World Hurdle that beats More of That

Does seem there's a group of them on a similar level. On a strict line through RDS, there can't be much between the Nicholls pair while Whisper is also well matched with today's winner, Pipes was backed like he was ready (which they always are off a break with him) today so hard to see much improvement in him and the Irish are obviously much of a muchness. The improver in the pack could be Beat That - travelled very well on return before blowing up when clearly not fancied. He's classy but I'd agree if Jonjo can get MOT back to his best, he looks to be on another level. Think the Rendlesham at Haydock has been mooted for comeback

Jezki 6/1 for the Champion Hurdle. Best value I have seen in a long time.

• Advertisement

Jezki 6/1 for the Champion Hurdle. Best value I have seen in a long time.

It seems an ew steal but no Geraghty on him would be a negative for me. What are the chances of McCoy throwing him into one after Faugheen kicks? Ruby will dictate from the front on Faugheen so Jezki will have to jump much much better than today

jimjamcos wrote: »
    It seems an ew steal but no Geraghty on him would be a negative for me. What are the chances of McCoy throwing him into one after Faugheen kicks? Ruby will dictate from the front on Faugheen so Jezki will have to jump much much better than today

Cant see why you could say McCoy would be a negative on Jezki. He's a master pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Love Mullins' comment on UdS, "He can stand off or he can stand anywhere".

Looking forward to March now.

Cant see why you could say McCoy would be a negative on Jezki. He's a master pilot.

Don't wanna get into that arguement but while he's brilliant at hunting one around (If In Doubt yesterday was a super ride), I like many others would have Ruby, Geraghty and even Cooper ahead of him when it comes to judging when to kick and presenting a horse at a final obstacle. The proof will be in the pudding at Cheltenham but could easily see him doing a Puppy Power on the horse

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Don't wanna get into that arguement but while he's brilliant at hunting one around (If In Doubt yesterday was a super ride), I like many others would have Ruby, Geraghty and even Cooper ahead of him when it comes to judging when to kick and presenting a horse at a final obstacle. The proof will be in the pudding at Cheltenham but could easily see him doing a Puppy Power on the horse

Just once he doesnt do a Paul Carberry (Harchibald) he will finish in the top 2. Each way bet to nothing.

Just once he doesnt do a Paul Carberry (Harchibald) he will finish in the top 2. Each way bet to nothing.

I couldn't have Fly at all at Chelteham so given the lack of depth behind, he should definitely place. I would be worried about jock though. McCoy 3/6, Geraghty 5/5 on him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Just once he doesnt do a Paul Carberry (Harchibald) he will finish in the top 2.
    A dangerous and possibly incorrect assumption. It looks a good race this year and he couldn't even place today...Hes my pick too, dont get me wrong, but I despise statements of certainty. In my mind its the corrrct price, maybe a point bigger than it should be at most.

You mean once he doesn't give the horse the most impeccable ride possible and give the horse every chance of winning? That Harchibald ride was beyond brilliance, noone else would've got him as close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

You mean once he doesn't give the horse the most impeccable ride possible and give the horse every chance of winning? That Harchibald ride was beyond brilliance, noone else would've got him as close.

I agree. Only way the horse could be ridden and I had it backed.

• Advertisement

Maybe a bit of pocket talk on my part. In fairness Harchibald was a complete bridal horse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement