Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Alba Frere

Vautour racing 2m3f Killiney on Sunday and UDS racing Irish Arkle so that settles that, Vautour will run JLT and UDS will go for the Arkle!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Alba Frere wrote: »
    Vautour racing 2m3f Killiney on Sunday and UDS racing Irish Arkle so that settles that, Vautour will run JLT and UDS will go for the Arkle!

I wouldn't say it definitely settles it tbh.
    Looking forward to seeing them both out though.

On another note, big day for Don Cossack tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Alba Frere

I wouldn't say it definitely settles it tbh.
    Looking forward to seeing them both out though.

On another note, big day for Don Cossack tomorrow!

Yeah I was saying it more in jest but it is an interesting development.

I think Don C will win tomorrow but I don't think he'll place in the Ryanair while I think CF will win the Ryanair or finish at least 2nd behind Dynaste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Alba Frere wrote: »
    Yeah I was saying it more in jest but it is an interesting development.

I think Don C will win tomorrow but I don't think he'll place in the Ryanair while I think CF will win the Ryanair or finish at least 2nd behind Dynaste.

Pipe making sounds like he's considering the Gold Cup for Dynaste (have him NRNB, really cannot see why he wouldn't go for it). With SS and SdG seasons still in serious doubt, and no other contender you'd have to wonder will Mullins go for the Champion Chase but I guess tomorrow will tell a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Shemale wrote: »
    Thats very flawed sting, Congree didnt have a rival for a long time in his race whereas Silvianaco had top classes horses snapping at his hooves for the whole race.
    That is my point big time.we all look at races different but look at how conygee was eased based as a novice against the king George winner.3.98secs diff from last and de boynvile was taking the mickey,never asked him to lengthen. I still stand by assumption that the Lexus is far far better than the king George.I am aware that the experts say I'm totally wrong but I stand by my theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

sting60 wrote: »
    That is my point big time.we all look at races different but look at how conygee was eased based as a novice against the king George winner.3.98secs diff from last and de boynvile was taking the mickey,never asked him to lengthen. I still stand by assumption that the Lexus is far far better than the king George.I am aware that the experts say I'm totally wrong but I stand by my theory.

I backed Coneygreen myself that day. But De Boinville was flat out on him even tho he was a distance clear. He never once looked back to see how far clear he was and he didnt even notice his closest rivals falling until the last 200 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I backed Coneygreen myself that day. But De Boinville was flat out on him even tho he was a distance clear. He never once looked back to see how far clear he was and he didnt even notice his closest rivals falling.

I hope you got 33/1,a real player if soft IMO.Did we see a cheltenham winner today other than Mullins mare,IMO no big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Has anyone got or know where to get a promotion code for Buying tickets to the festival on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Has anyone got or know where to get a promotion code for Buying tickets to the festival on their website?

+1 - Appreciate if anyone has any codes? Few of us going over - looking to buy Club tickets for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Any idea when the bookies go nrnb on all races?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Moon Dice wrote: »
    Any idea when the bookies go nrnb on all races?

Bet 365 went NRNB on Sat 22nd February last year. Think they're always the first. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

How seriously should djakadam being taken in the gold cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Very after today's demolition job!

Dr. Bre wrote: »

He looked a non stayer in the Hennessy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭BQQ

He looked a non stayer in the Hennessy to me.

Mullins said after that race that it was a lack of fitness.

BQQ wrote: »
    Mullins said after that race that it was a lack of fitness.

Sending a horse to a Hennessy thats not fit, dont buy that. He never said as much before the race. This horse will probably mop up a few rancid Grade 1 3 runner affairs over here but with a proper pace he will be found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭BQQ

Sending a horse to a Hennessy thats not fit, dont buy that. He never said as much before the race. This horse will probably mop up a few rancid Grade 1 3 runner affairs over here but with a proper pace he will be found out.

First run of the season, wouldn't be unusual to need the run. Probably counting on the fact that he was well handicapped to be enough for him.
    Stayed well enough today anyway.

He may well not be good enough, but i don't think it will be because he doesn't stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

This horse will probably mop up a few rancid Grade 1 3 runner affairs over here but with a proper pace he will be found out.

As far as I have ever seen grade 1 3m chases are generally very well contested over here, are they not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Meath Centre Forward

I'd say all Djakadam does is stay and he probably has a touch of class. It's naive at best to think otherwise. Today was his fifth start over fences - he's only a 6yo - and he won the Thyestes on heavy ground off a mark of 145. The most obvious thing about the horse is he's improving and is probably going to be rated 160 approx after this. Anyone dismissing him must know something everyone else doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Meath Centre Forward

That's not to say I think he'll win the Gold Cup in 2015 but in a year or two, he definitely looks the kind of horse that'll be suited to that kind of race. But he clearly has a chance in an open renewal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

On his own won this with top weight last year and finished a sh second,djakadam has to be in the mix for this year and its a very open gold cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

One I like for the Albert Bartlet, Blaklion, is running back at 3m tomorrow at Doncaster. Has performed well in 2 runs at 2m4f just not able to live with Parlour Games, who looks a good horse. Ran at 3m in between those races and looked like he might be a better horse over that distance (didnt beat much that day). Wouldnt be too keen on the 13/8 for tomorrow's race but will have a dabble on the AB at 11/1, if he puts in a good performance against some decent horses he could shorten quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

i like him too Greg, especially over 3m which is definitely his trip. He has been on the go since September though thats why I'm a bit weary about backing him again tomorrow, think he should definitely beat this lot if he runs to form though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

pity the peace and co race not on ch4 tomorow. interesting to see if he as good as last time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Value at risk running in the Neptune hurdle tomorrow. Like him for the big one in March. Hoping Dan Skelton has got some more out of him.
    Another severly underpriced horse tomorrow is Vago Collognes in the same race..his form is absolute muck to be be going on at 7's..don't be mad! On the opposite end of that scale is native river at 28's..way over priced..would be tempted for a forecast only tommy the scud missile is on him

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

ste2010 wrote: »
    Value at risk running in the Neptune hurdle tomorrow. Like him for the big one in March. Hoping Dan Skelton has got some more out of him.
    Another severly underpriced horse tomorrow is Vago Collognes in the same race..his form is absolute muck to be be going on at 7's..don't be mad! On the opposite end of that scale is native river at 28's..way over priced..would be tempted for a forecast only tommy the scud missile is on him

value at risk looked real good last day.hope he backs it up

Peace and Co is a non runner tmow.lame today

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

What are the thoughts on Monksland's performance yesterday? Is he still a lively contender for the World Hurdle? I thought he ran pretty well and could improve a lot more between now and the festival. Pushed out to 16s which is a good price for him I think

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Apollo_Creed

Andalucia wrote: »
    value at risk looked real good last day.hope he backs it up

Peace and Co is a non runner tmow.lame today

Where did you here that about Peace and Co??
    Not a word on twitter & bookies still pricing him...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭corny

What are the thoughts on Monksland's performance yesterday? Is he still a lively contender for the World Hurdle? I thought he ran pretty well and could improve a lot more between now and the festival. Pushed out to 16s which is a good price for him I think

No. Why do you think he'll improve? Arguably lots of things fell right for him in that race and he still lost. Admittedly by a short head but still....

He hurdled brilliantly; took lengths out of the Dedigout and Zaidpour at some of the hurdles. He had the benefit of a run so fitness shouldn't have been a problem. And he handled the ground.

For me, he had no excuses and i'd be surprised if he's placed at Cheltenham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

corny wrote: »
    No. Why do you think he'll improve? Arguably lots of things fell right for him in that race and he still lost. Admittedly by a short head but still....

He hurdled brilliantly; took lengths out of the Dedigout and Zaidpour at some of the hurdles. He had the benefit of a run so fitness shouldn't have been a problem. And he handled the ground.

For me, he had no excuses and i'd be surprised if he's placed at Cheltenham.

+1
    He was also receiving weight from most of the field. Can't see the Irish horses figuring at all in the World Hurdle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement