Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

going over on the monday evening and home the Thursday night, usually do two days racing and then thurs in a pub in bristol but flight later this year so get all 3days in. flights only €85 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Just looking at the RSA it's without a doubt one of the standouts of the week. What a quality field it is i am really looking forward to it. Been backing The Young Master at 16/1 the last few weeks but it really is wide open.

their thinking of running the Young master in the National hunt chase which I think is the 4 miler. I find that odd

http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=550537&lid=&raceid=&title=Festival+next+stop+for+Master&ref=PA+Racing+Feed&nav=&sub=&day=Tue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    their thinking of running the Young master in the National hunt chase which I think is the 4 miler. I find that odd

http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=550537&lid=&raceid=&title=Festival+next+stop+for+Master&ref=PA+Racing+Feed&nav=&sub=&day=Tue

I would be very surprised if he runs in the 4 miler he looks top class i think he is a future gold cup winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I would be very surprised if he runs in the 4 miler he looks top class i think he is a future gold cup winner.

I think he should be fav for the RSA and 14/1 is huge.. Id love a bit of NRNB on that race for him , and as soon at it comes and he is more than 8/1-10/1, it'll be great value..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Cheltenham Foxhunter's Chase

Paint The Clouds 7/1

My first antepost bet for Cheltenham comes in the shape of Paint The Clouds 7/1 for the Foxhunters Chase I genuinely think he's a penalty kick as long as the ground is decent as I think he's that far ahead of anything that will line up against him. Now a 10 year old, Paint The Clouds has had an injury hit career but Warren Greatrex's inmate seems to be sound for the first time in a few years and had a perfect season last year winning all 3 of his Hunter Chases in facile fashion as he signed off the season with a bloodless victory in the Champion Hunter Chase at Stratford last May taking his record to 5 wins from 5 over regulation fences. Although he's probably not faced anything substantial in those 5 easy wins, there's no doubt in my mind that he's the best Hunter Chaser around. Back in 2011, Paint The Clouds racked up 5 straight wins (3 over hurdles, two over fences) before a handicap success off a mark of 130 at Cheltenham that October where he was dismounted after the line and Warren Greatrex has since been revealed that McCoy told him he'd win the Pertemps Handicap Hurdle after that win. Obviously he didn't say fit then but he's now proven himself to be fit but I think it says so, so much about how highly he is rated that after a 518 day absence he made his reappearance from injury in the 2013 Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys Hurdle at the Festival. Unfortunately he pulled muscles during that race after the ground went soft but thankfully he's back to full health now. Rated 137 after his Hunter Chase successes last year, I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll be entered in the Grand National by the Greatrex team and off that I mark if he jumped well and stayed the mammoth trip I think he'd take a boat load of beating - such is how highly I rate him. I'll be backing him every week between now and March and I genuinely believe if the ground hasn't turned soft (which is a risk) he'll be victorious if he jumps around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

on rock on ruby for the world at 50s,deadly value and fry says its the world for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

on rock on ruby for the world at 50s,deadly value and fry says its the world for him.

Fookin hell! He's 10s now. When did you get that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

PP are only giving 10s on Rock on Ruby for the World Hurdle??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ianmaguire

I am definitely on it. Super price for a classy horse, plus Pipes horses running well of late..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Gold Cup Entries out today, no Cue Card so he's definitely going for the Ryanair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Denman2008

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Gold Cup Entries out today, no Cue Card so he's definitely going for the Ryanair

No Menorah either so likely Ryanair for him too

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Done my first Ante-post Festival bet ever today..
    Clarcam -Arkle (8/1)
    Road to Riches - Gold Cup (8/1)

€7.50 Double
    * I didn't trust putting the whole tenner on it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Denman2008 wrote: »
    No Menorah either so likely Ryanair for him too

Making the Ryanair fairly competitive. Come on Pipe, run Dynaste in the GC :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

€1 EW Lucky 15 :
    Jezki 11/2 - Champion Hurdle (Cant see it out of the frame)
    Ballycasey 33/1 - Champion Chase (Question marks about all the fancied ones)
    Rock On Ruby 10/1 - World hurdle
    Holywell 12/1 - Gold Cup (done me well at festival before )

Winnings : €45K

easy peesy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Do you think he will run before the festival? If he doesn't he probably wont contract much in price and given that he is ground dependent would you not be better waiting till closer the time?

Anybody hear anything about Konig Dax he is making his debut tomorrow. He beat Douvan when they faced each other over in France. McCain bought him for 180k and he makes his debut tomorrow.

If he wins well tomorrow he will shorten for the Supreme Novices .

At 20/1 i am going to throw a sneaky fiver if wins well its a bit of value and if he loses it's only a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

seoirsem wrote: »
    €1 EW Lucky 15 :
    Jezki 11/2 - Champion Hurdle (Cant see it out of the frame)
    Ballycasey 33/1 - Champion Chase (Question marks about all the fancied ones)
    Rock On Ruby 10/1 - World hurdle
    Holywell 12/1 - Gold Cup (done me well at festival before )

Winnings : €45K

easy peesy :)

No offence meant but think Ballycasey is 33/1 to show up in CC. He couldn't go with them on bog ground in Leopardstown so has no hope over 2m on better ground come March. Will be Ryanair if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

mr.jingle wrote: »
    I asked about the week off for the festival today, shot down as someone got in there before me :(

Rookie mistake

Crap luck mate, that happened me last year, had a serious row with the boss to get 2 days off.

It was infuriating in the weeks before it asking how he was betting on the the championship races and he couldn't name a horse.:rolleyes:

Just looking at the RSA it's without a doubt one of the standouts of the week. What a quality field it is i am really looking forward to it. Been backing The Young Master at 16/1 the last few weeks but it really is wide open.

Class looking field, I really like Apache Stronghold at 16s, Meades form at the festival is a worry though.

Shemale wrote: »
    Class looking field, I really like Apache Stronghold at 16s, Meades form at the festival is a worry though.

He was my horse to follow for the year. He without a doubt imo will go for the JLT and i have him backed at 16/1.

• Advertisement

He was my horse to follow for the year. He without a doubt imo will go for the JLT and i have him backed at 16/1.

We will see the real Apache on better ground, he gave Vautour a good race last year on good ground

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Any word on morning assembly?

ste2010 wrote: »
    Any word on morning assembly?

Think I read that back in training and Irish National the target. Strange I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Think I read that back in training and Irish National the target. Strange I thought.

Jesus. He'd be well enough handicapped to win it but FM, 3rd in the RSA he'd have to go back to Cheltenham

Shemale wrote: »
    We will see the real Apache on better ground, he gave Vautour a good race last year on good ground

Yep he travelled and jumped great the last day but got outstayed. Back in trip and going left handed if he gets better ground he will go very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Yep he travelled and jumped great the last day but got outstayed. Back in trip and going left handed if he gets better ground he will go very close.

Loving the Apache Stronghold love in lads! Have been a fan for a while now, but must say I was little disappointed by what I thought was a lack of fight at the finish in Leopardstown. The winner looked very smart too and I wouldn't think that form would be overturned anytime soon.
    Really thought he was an out and out 3 miler too so it has left me a bit undecided.
    16s looks a very nice each way bet for the JLT though.. I just hope we fcukin see him there knowing Meades recent injury luck.

Loving the Apache Stronghold love in lads! Have been a fan for a while now, but must say I was little disappointed by what I thought was a lack of fight at the finish in Leopardstown. The winner looked very smart too and I wouldn't think that form would be overturned anytime soon.
    Really thought he was an out and out 3 miler too so it has left me a bit undecided.
    16s looks a very nice each way bet for the JLT though.. I just hope we fcukin see him there knowing Meades recent injury luck.

He got outstayed by a top class stayer no shame in it. They were well clear of everything i wouldn't say he didn't stay 3 miles.

Don Poli is very interesting where he goes he would have a great shout in the RSA but i think he is a shoe in for the 4 miler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

He got outstayed by a top class stayer no shame in it. They were well clear of everything i wouldn't say he didn't stay 3 miles.

Don Poli is very interesting where he goes he would have a great shout in the RSA but i think he is a shoe in for the 4 miler.

I like the horse too (had him backed w/o Vautour at Punchestown), but if he went for the JLT he'd be likely reopposing Vautour who beat him that day on better ground and Valseur Lido who hammered him at Fairyhouse albeit on bad ground, and also Ptit Zig who's 4 from 4 over fences. Seriously competitive race with those alone in it. I saw Meade was disappointed he didn't stay so they were suggesting the Irish Arkle for him but given that was his first attempt at 3 miles and that he'd want better ground should they not be too discouraged?

I know you wouldn't pay to much heed to something that is said in the immediate aftermath of a race, but Mullins mentioned Don Poli as maybe being a future gold cup horse. And that was a quality renewal of the Topaz, yet he was only beaten by 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

jimjamcos wrote: »
    No offence meant but think Ballycasey is 33/1 to show up in CC. He couldn't go with them on bog ground in Leopardstown so has no hope over 2m on better ground come March. Will be Ryanair if anything

No offence taken Jim, its just Ballycasey, imo, is a horse to keep on your side come spring. Arguably 2 of his best performances came last spring in March when 4th in the RSA where I don't think he got the 3 miles and subsequently when falling when having the Powers Gold Cup at his mercy at Fairyhouse. The Ryanair could be a very hot race and with serious doubts about the main protagonists in the Champion Chase , I wouldn't rule out him turning up on the Wednesday. Then again thats just my opinion :)

• Advertisement

seoirsem wrote: »
    No offence taken Jim, its just Ballycasey, imo, is a horse to keep on your side come spring. Arguably 2 of his best performances came last spring in March when 4th in the RSA where I don't think he got the 3 miles and subsequently when falling when having the Powers Gold Cup at his mercy at Fairyhouse. The Ryanair could be a very hot race and with serious doubts about the main protagonists in the Champion Chase , I wouldn't rule out him turning up on the Wednesday. Then again thats just my opinion :)

Champagne Fever, more proven over 2m, would line up in CC for Ricci at this stage you'd have to think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement