Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Options
  • 02-01-2015 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

Just under 10wks now till the greatest show on earth!

Today the Bha have cut the field sizes of the Supreme,Neptune,Triumph from 24 to 22 runners.

The Coral Cup and County hurdle cut from 28 to 26, while the Fred Winter has been cut from 26 to 24 runners.

All the cuts yet still 4 days.

The Martin Pipe Conditional Race will have no 3lb allowance on riders from there own stable and the non winning riders 7lb is removed too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

You can bet they won't be cutting the admission price!! ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Think Mullins next monster and the Neptune winner runs tomorrow. Here's hoping Tell Us More delivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Prize Money increased for the Ryanair and World Hurdle. Both £300K now. Makes the decision to go for Ryanair more tempting for QMCC slowboats and GC doubtful stayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Think Mullins next monster and the Neptune winner runs tomorrow. Here's hoping Tell Us More delivers.

Oh boll#x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Oh boll#x
    As I pointed out last number of years I hate scorpion as a sire.they will not battle in finish and they are serious trouble from foals(head cases).if they get their way in front they can run and look very good.they may turn out to be extreme stayers in time to come but for now I won't back any scorpion bred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Planning going over for the Tuesday. Anyone know if the Tuesday sells out and around when?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Doogs27 wrote: »
    Planning going over for the Tuesday. Anyone know if the Tuesday sells out and around when?

Tuesday Doesnt sell out up to last year, but i have a feeling that Club tickets may well sell out this year with the general uptick in the economy etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Doogs27 wrote: »

Last years Tuesday was very packed. A lot more there than the Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Plus it's St Paddy's Day so that could impact on the attendance with more going on this day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Plus it's St Paddy's Day so that could impact on the attendance with more going on this day.
    Its from the 10th-13th this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

The Mig wrote: »
    Its from the 10th-13th this year

My Bad

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

Starting my countdown to Cheltenham 2015 in earnest today. Every year with the help of PaddyPowers website I like to put together an Excel spreadsheet for each race whereby I can track betting patterns. Each race gets updated on Mondays. In between each entry I have a blank line which I like to fill in with my own observations about the horse i.e. form, how it ran lto, course/festival form etc. Its laborious to start with but once I've all the races done once, its just adding updates... Doesn't make much of a difference with regards to the handicaps as I tend to look for outsider help for these, but definitely helps me form my own opinion re the pattern races.

I see the Fly is priced up shorter to win the World hurdle (8/1) then it is the Champion hurdle (12/1). Anyone else think that if he beats Jezki again in the Irish Champion at the end of the month that Mullins will call it a day with him? If not which race does he run in and who'll ride it? Paul Townend last sat on him beating Solwhit in the 2011 Irish Champion hurdle.

Just got a text form PP saying they are going NRNB in the 4 championship races at Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Can't see mullin's bringing over The Fly unless Faugheen and Annie Power dont turn up. Struggling to see The Fly overturning a few of them in the Champion Hurdle, unless it comes up soft-heavy.

Alot of IF's, but then again.... 12/1 NRNB could be decent if you're hoping a few of the opposition dont make The Festival.

I think 20/1 for Dynaste GC is a decent bet, and I'm already on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

oPATCHo wrote: »
    Can't see mullin's bringing over The Fly unless Faugheen and Annie Power dont turn up. Struggling to see The Fly overturning a few of them in the Champion Hurdle, unless it comes up soft-heavy.

Alot of IF's, but then again.... 12/1 NRNB could be decent if you're hoping a few of the opposition dont make The Festival.

Hurricane Fly will definitely go for the Champion Hurdle unless he's injured

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Hurricane Fly will definitely go for the Champion Hurdle unless he's injured

We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Waste of time bringing him.

I don't think he'll make the trip this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

is Diakali aiming for a race at Cheltenham. haven't seen him since finishing 3rd to the new one at Aintree last april

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Dubron

oPATCHo wrote: »
    I think 20/1 for Dynaste GC is a decent bet, and I'm already on it

Pipe said something along the lines of he'd rather win a Ryanair again than place in a Gold Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Anybody heading over to Cheltenham this year? Would love to go myself sometime.

• Advertisement

Dubron wrote: »
    Pipe said something along the lines of he'd rather win a Ryanair again than place in a Gold Cup.

Ask him whether he'd rather place in the Ryanair or place in the Gold Cup?

There are some very tidy horses currently entered for the Ryanair so it's not as if Dynaste has already won this!

Yes, I recall him saying this. Despite this I have backed Dynaste NRNB for the Gold Cup and also took some antepost prices earlier on in the season.

You only have one or two windows of opportunity to win a Gold Cup. Dynaste has already ran well this season, and return back to the grounds were we've seen some of his best performances.

I hope Pipe goes for the big one with this horse

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    is Diakali aiming for a race at Cheltenham. haven't seen him since finishing 3rd to the new one at Aintree last april

Another horse that I like

Backed him in a forecast with The New One, only for Rock On Ruby to spoil the party :mad: ... but thats some form coming out of that race, he had Ptit Zip, Grumeti and Irish Saint (all chasing now, but still) beaten and left way behind

Bookies take money for him in the Irish Champion Hurdle at the end of the month - 33/1's

Looks like the World Hurdle (if anything!!!) will be his aim this season, narrowly beaten by Zarandar at Auteuil towards the back of last year (giving weight) over 3 miles. He's an interesting sort to keep an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

ftse100 wrote: »
    Anybody heading over to Cheltenham this year? Would love to go myself sometime.

Me me me:). Doing the same as last year, flying over Monday midday and landing home thursday bout midnight. Friday is a no go for us anymore as it's just mental. If you haven't been, it really is a must for racing fans. Only problem is when you go once thats it you're hooked!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Yeah heading over Tuesday morning and home Wednesday night, cant wait.

Just hope I dont get dumped in Cardiff again - bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Heading over for the week. About the 10th year since i first went, couldn't miss it now..

The madness of the Gold Cup day is overplayed a bit, its grand and well worth going to..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

2 months away, the sweat begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I love the months of hard work analysing all runners and the pressure lifting when the flag drops for the supreme.

Two days there and hopefully two here in pub putting my mates that aren't into racing onto winners. (One of my mates wasn't that into racing two years ago and now it's not stop texts and bigger bets than me.) All going well it turns into champagne Friday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Just looking at the RSA it's without a doubt one of the standouts of the week. What a quality field it is i am really looking forward to it. Been backing The Young Master at 16/1 the last few weeks but it really is wide open.

Hoping to do all four days this year! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

I asked about the week off for the festival today, shot down as someone got in there before me :(

Rookie mistake

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement