Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler shoots parent dead in Super Market

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

and rightly so, he'd deserve it. if you practice violence, then to jail you deserve to go.

Good to see you. I was worried about you over Christmas. Have you recovered from the death of Antonio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I have shot handguns before and I am surprised a 2 year old has the finger power to pull the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭threeball

and rightly so, he'd deserve it. if you practice violence, then to jail you deserve to go.

What a load of crap. I suppose you'd sit back and watch them rape her.
    oohh better not take action here and add to the violence in this world

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'm sure glad I'm not your grand daughter depending on you to protect me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,522 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I have shot handguns before and I am surprised a 2 year old has the finger power to pull the trigger.

It all depends on the gun, some have very heavy triggers as standard, others would be relatively light.

The owner could have had the trigger pull reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭digital ninja

a tragic event,just waiting for uninformed people to attack american culture and gun rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Some pistols have lighter trigger pulls than others ,
    Also dont rule out work on the trigger itself ie hair trigger ,

Its been a year for it how many kids have been involved in fatal gun accidents where a child had access to a loaded firearm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,850 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Heading out to the supermarket, better not forget my gun!

Sad set of circumstances but another example of the ludicrousness of feeling protected by bringing a gun everywhere.

As a nation, they'll never learn. The more skittish they get with every gun incident, the greater their perceived need for personal firearms. Vicious circle, don't see it stopping anytime soon...or ever for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

As a nation, they'll never learn. The more skittish they get with every gun incident, the greater their perceived need for personal firearms. Vicious circle, don't see it stopping anytime soon...or ever for that matter.

Im sure they'll say if the employees all had guns they could have prevented it some how

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It's important to have your weapon locked and loaded and the safety catch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,286 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

'merica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The poor kid, knowing that he killed someone could impact on his life.

Idaho is a very right wing place, lots of gun carrying god botherers live there...no doubt Obama will get the blame from the locals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Is there no mandatory training like, I dunno, engaging the safety before chucking it in with the wet wipes and purse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

If everyone was armed this would never of happened..........

Is there no mandatory training like, I dunno, engaging the safety before chucking it in with the wet wipes and purse?

Some guns don't have a safety.

Strider wrote: »
    Some guns don't have a safety.

Really? And these are on sale to the general public?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

Aineoil wrote: »
    Strange culture. I don't understand the way Americans like to wear guns so publicly.

Because it's in Our constitution and chuck Norris films

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

So you would stand and cheer them on as they rape your grandchild or would you just ask them to stop in a harsh voice.
    you know I used to think you genuinely believed the crap you spew forth, I realise now you are either a troll or just a complete imbecile

You really should visit a gun shop in the US. If you have the right permit you can pretty much buy anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭cml387

Guns in the supermarket eh?

"Eight items or less in this queue motherfocker, you're gonna die."
    "You moved the baked beans again,didn't you asshole.You got this coming."
    "If you take out those vouchers to pay,it'll be the last thing you do."
    "Unexpected item in bagging tray. BLAM!!

Glock pistols, for instance, don't have a manual safety. Glocks use the 'safe action' system whereby your finger has to engage a smaller trigger on the main trigger then it will fire. It means your finger has to be square on the trigger for it to finger, it won't go off if it snags something etc.

The trigger pull is somewhat heavy on a Glock but you can lighten it.

You really should visit a gun shop in the US. If you have the right permit you can pretty much buy anything.

Well I'll certainly be more careful in Walmart.

Surely though to get a permit you need some training? I understand some gun types don't have a traditional safety but again, surely a revolver with the hammer back is as bonkers as not having the safety on.

Anyway returning to my question - no training requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,477 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I remember my first time in the states. I was walking around a walmart in Fort Pierce, Florida after arriving a few hours earlier which is by no means a nice place. Anyway I was utterly shocked to see a guy beside me with a trolly out shopping with the wife and wearing a holster with a gun in it. That made me feel uneasy. Over the next few weeks I got used to seeing that kind of thing.

You can't go to the shops without your law given's.

Glazers Out!

Anyway returning to my question - no training requirements?

It is different in different states. You needed minimum 8 hours practical and legal training in Kentucky where I lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

rarnes1 wrote: »
    'merica

Wow! The rapier sharp comments just blow me away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

read somewhere it was a Smith & Wesson 686

Just checked Idaho gun laws. You do need a permit there for a concealed weapon, but not for weapons at home for eg. The woman who was shot has a permit.
    To get a permit in Idaho "applicants may be required to demonstrate familiarity with a firearm, generally by having taken an approved training course or by having received training in the military. "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

read somewhere it was a Smith & Wesson 686

Fair lump of a gun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Aineoil wrote: »
    Strange culture. I don't understand the way Americans like to wear guns so publicly.

20 years ago you would probably have ridiculed somebody carrying a mobile phone...

Advertisement