Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler shoots parent dead in Super Market

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Heading out to the supermarket, better not forget my gun!

Sad set of circumstances but another example of the ludicrousness of feeling protected by bringing a gun everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Jesus. H. Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

No man likes shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Mericans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

I remember my first time in the states. I was walking around a walmart in Fort Pierce, Florida after arriving a few hours earlier which is by no means a nice place. Anyway I was utterly shocked to see a guy beside me with a trolly out shopping with the wife and wearing a holster with a gun in it. That made me feel uneasy. Over the next few weeks I got used to seeing that kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

If the police were there would the appropriate response be to gun down the child

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Charlie19 wrote: »
    http://news.sky.com/story/1399907/two-year-old-boy-shoots-dead-woman-at-walmart

Two year old takes gun from his mothers purse and shoots her dead in walmart. Very sad but doesn't suprise me on the country.

Edit: Woman has not been confirmed has the boys mother.

Mods. Can the thread title be changed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

The kid was just defending his freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I was in america for thanksgiving. We were at a house watching a football game

The next day a hunter missed a shot and a slug went straight through the window into the wall.

In Ireland you find said hunter and kick his face off. In America, it amounted to a strong finger wagging exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

I remember my first time in the states. I was walking around a walmart in Fort Pierce, Florida after arriving a few hours earlier which is by no means a nice place. Anyway I was utterly shocked to see a guy beside me with a trolly out shopping with the wife and wearing a holster with a gun in it. That made me feel uneasy. Over the next few weeks I got used to seeing that kind of thing.

Strange culture. I don't understand the way Americans like to wear guns so publicly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

eeepaulo wrote: »
    If the police were there would the appropriate response be to gun down the child

Only if the child was black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Twopac

Aineoil wrote: »
    Strange culture. I don't understand the way Americans like to wear guns so publicly.

Well no ones going to mess with you if your strapped. I believe in Alabama you can go anywhere with your gun as long as its visible.

Personally if I lived in America I'd keep a gun in the house for defense but I wouldn't carry one around with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well no ones going to mess with you if your strapped. I believe in Alabama you can go anywhere with your gun as long as its visible.

Personally if I lived in America I'd keep a gun in the house for defense but I wouldn't carry one around with me.

You'd have to protect yourself from angry spelling pedants like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Wouldn't want a gun tbh. Tis a sad fu cked up country America at present.

Wouldn't want a gun tbh. Tis a sad fu cked up country America at present.

This man was glad to have a gun

http://www.people.com/article/grandfather-shoots-intruders-attempt-rape-granddaughter-north-carolina

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

MURICA!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I knew boards would be all over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matta Harri

God that's a really sad story.

But a gun to a supermarket? Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

God that's a really sad story.

But a gun to a supermarket? Jesus.

Paranoia is widespread. The arms business must be absolutely booming in the US.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Paging dirty harry and the deniers of reason.

uh uh ... 2nd amendment, hunting and protecting my house, Switzerland, collectors items, what if you're a small woman or hunting bears while in a wheelchair.

pucklegun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Guns in the Supermarket. Wasn't that the Clash?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 423 ✭✭The Bould Rabbit

Some of the posts here so far look like first page After Hours template replies to any topic concerning the States.

Do people race each other to be the first ones to post the same thing each time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Awful, but I feel much more sorry for the child than the woman. If it's the child's mother all the more so.

Leaving a loaded gun with the safety off really is dicing with death.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Hope he pulls through. Scum, he'd probably be arrested and charged over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was everyone's first thought when they read the title, "bet you that was in America".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 423 ✭✭The Bould Rabbit

NIMAN wrote: »
    Was everyone's first thought when they read the title, "bet you that was in America".

Not me.

But then I'd already read about the incident elsewhere so I already knew where it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Hope he pulls through. Scum, he'd probably be arrested and charged over here.
    and rightly so, he'd deserve it. if you practice violence, then to jail you deserve to go.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

i blame family guy

Advertisement