Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal hygiene

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ferriter

I've discovered mindfulness recently. Part of my routine is mindful showering. I will focus on what I'm doing as I shower: washing my hair, cleaning the back-end of my ballsac, scrubbing my back with a high quality exfoliater. It's very relaxing.

I shower daily. Couldn't imagine showering any less - even if all I had done that day was meditate.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Hibernosaur

I'm not sure where most of the people here are working, but I work in a highly professional place of work. People wouldn't dream of showing up unless they are smartly dressed, well-groomed and clean and if they did they'd be shown the door very quickly.

You must work in Morkeshing. Sounds like hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I'm sorry too. I can't really even remember what you looked or smelled like that night with the amount of shots and cocktails that were drank.

Ooooohhh so you might have got a happy ending from Frada???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

As someone who grew up in a house with solid fuel heating and single glazed window I know all about freezing bathroom....I have to be up before six most mornings to turn on immersion

*we do have a power shower and water regularly runs out before im finished so I usually end up finishing me shower with bitter cold water

timer on the heating will sort ya out

couldnt cope without it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

bluewolf wrote: »

Can't beat the timer for water and heating coming on at 5am, nice toasty bathroom by the time you get up with the pisshorn :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

I could do that for the immersion, but not the radiators. Still would have a freezing bathroom, and the low pressure shower :( I'd bloody love a power-shower - would never get out of it, like some of you people! Still though, priorities. Double glazed windows before the power shower. Tomwaterford knows what I'm talking about.

kfallon wrote: »
    Can't beat the timer for water and heating coming on at 5am, nice toasty bathroom by the time you get up with the pisshorn :P

Sounds fab! (except for the pisshorn. I'm the only woman in a house full of males so there's enough of them about.....all clean, as it happens. Bullied into using a wash cloth every day)

Shrap wrote: »
    Sounds fab! (except for the pisshorn. I'm the only woman in a house full of males so there's enough of them about.....all clean, as it happens. Bullied into using a wash cloth every day)

Heaters under the ground too so nice and warm on the feet ;)
    Walking round in the nip in December in the morn is very liberating :D

Nice one. Now I'm thinking about Blueys pisshorn :p

\i know she's a she!

Heaters under the ground too so nice and warm on the feet ;)
    Walking round in the nip in December in the morn is very liberating :D

Mmm, sounds like luxury! Do you fancy a house-swap? It'd be like going on safari for you....but a bit colder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

He commented on me having met me face to face! Just because he didn't mention in the post that he met me doesn't change that fact.

He said 'you stink', not 'you would stink'. That's as personal as what I said when it comes from someone who has met you!

Anyway.. I can't unsay it now but accept that I shouldn't have said it.
    Let's not get bogged down with who's smellier than who, eh? Bit juvenile. Apologies, URL. Of course, I did mean "you would stink."

Awwwww!

Shrap wrote: »
    Mmm, sounds like luxury! Do you fancy a house-swap? It'd be like going on safari for you....but a bit colder.

I'm sure you have a wonderful abode.....but I'll stick with what I have, cheers :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Tilly wrote: »

\i know she's a she!

i know you like it

:cool:

\i know she's a she!

Fine pisshorn she has too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Early morning shower most mornings, sometimes another at night during summer. I have a slight touch of ocd with my hands though, wash them 30+ times a day,have done so since i was a nipper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Actually, I can understand how a shower wouldn't be an enjoyable experience in some cold, dank and damp limescale encrusted shower.

I love my showers as I have a GROHE integrated rainforest showerhead and steam shower system. My bathroom is always warm as the underfloor heating is on a timer to come on 30 mins before I return from my morning run. My towels are also ready and waiting on the towel warmer.

Grooming and showering is part of my morning routine. It helps to set me up and perform at my best at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Actually, I can understand how a shower wouldn't be an enjoyable experience in some cold, dank and damp limescale encrusted shower.

I love my showers as I have a GROHE integrated rainforest showerhead and steam shower system. My bathroom is always warm as the underfloor heating is on a timer to come on 30 mins before I return from my morning run. My towels are also ready and waiting on the towel warmer.

Can I please marry you and live with you forever? I want all of those things!

The window in my en suite doesn't really close properly so the bathroom is always icy icy cold. And the water in the shower takes forever to heat up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rubin_spitfire

If I didn't have underfloor heating in my house I don't know if I would be able to go on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

Like I said, I shower every day. To my mind its you that's being silly. You've twice said sweat is revolting / disgusting. It's a simple byproduct of living. I find it weird how freaked out people are by their own bodies.

Our society has been manipulated to the point of paranoia by marketing companies.

I've a pretty keen sense of smell, work in close proximity to many people every day. I'm pretty sure on the law of averages a fair few don't shower every single day, but it's a rare thing that in my daily interactions, someone smells.

In my experience people who drink alcohol regularly or to excess, and smokers, need to wash more often. I'm sure diet contributes as well. And lack of exercise.

I never said sweat itself was revolting. I don't mind being sweaty. I go to the gym every other day. What is revolting is sweating and then letting that sweat dry, become smelly trapped under layers of clothing, and leaving it several days to shower. That is simply poor hygiene and I'm not sure how you can argue with that. Walking around with several days' stale sweat under your armpits, in your crotch and in your arsecrack is not nice and is very likely to make you stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

That feeling of unwashed greasy hair and ball sweat is the worst

Especially if you are a girl...

• Advertisement

Do the people who don't shower daily change their jocks daily at least??

Do the people who don't shower daily change their jocks daily at least??

apparently nox doesn't

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93617180&postcount=86

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Grooming and showering is part of my morning routine. It helps to set me up and perform at my best at work.
    Great parody account or greatest parody account?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I only wear clothes once and I change underwear twice a day unless im having a duvet day. I'm really paranoid about smelling. I was walking around today and there was some serious whiff off a load of people around me.

:(

People be disgusting :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Bad for the clothes? It's not boiling them in a saucepan you are, it's a washing machine. Try the eco wash.

There was a thread here a good while ago about how often you change your bedlinen. Some posters went several weeks to MONTHS without changing their sheets, and a couple of those names have posted here about showering every few days. Not every second day, but going maybe three days without washing and wearing clothes and underwear for as many days before washing them.

There's no excuse for that. Fifty years ago when heating water was difficult and many homes didn't have automatic washing machines, it was understandable. Smelly, but understandable. That was a world where everyone lived the same though, and standards have changed since then.

If you don't wash for several days and wear the same underwear, you smell. You might not get it yourself, but people talk about you behind your back and no one will want to stand close to you. I worked with someone like that, and he thought we were all making a fuss about nothing, but he was socially rejected and never had a girlfriend in the years I worked with him, and still refused to consider his personal hygiene was lacking.

If you don't wash, don't launder, don't change your bedding, don't wash your hair, and think there's nothing wrong with that, you are very badly mistaken and everyone else isn't OCD. You're just lazy and dirty. Times have moved on and it's simply not acceptable anymore.

Going a day without a shower is no big deal if you're not working out or running, but insisting that you don't smell after three days is delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

I've been following this thread all day with many emotions!

I shower every morning, don't think I could work a day without a shower and I don't think I am OCD. Maybe it's force of habit but I like to think I start the day smelling clean.

I wash my hair every day as well. As a woman with colour treated hair I don't shampoo it every day, I just wet it and use loads of conditioner. Shampoo dries out colour treated hair, but wetting it and using conditioner keeps it soft.

Like some of the posters here I hate the damp feeling on skin after a shower so I dry my body with the hair dryer, apply a body cream, dry my body again with the hair dyer, I hate the feeling of putting on clothes over body lotion that hasn't sunk in.

I only wear clothes once ......except for coats, hats, gloves and hats. I wash/get dry cleaned the coats etc every 6 weeks or so depending on how often I have worn them.

I might get 2 days out of a bra but I need to change knickers and tights daily.

If my husband didn't shower every day......putting it delicately .......no action

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Candie wrote: »
    There was a thread here a good while ago about how often you change your bedlinen. Some posters went several weeks to MONTHS without changing their sheets

I felt weak after reading this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Every second day, I generally don't have time to get up every morning before work to have a shower and sometimes my shifts run really closely together so it's a shower in the evening every second day. However, when I was in a relationship it was every day :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement