Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Wildcard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I'm more confused now haha.
    So really there is no benefit only if everyone else does it aswell?

That's my understanding.

We will see what happens in 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm interested in finding out when other forumites plan to activate the wildcard, I've absolutely no need for it just yet, I think I would only make 2 or 3 changes at the moment. Are many of the regulars going for it straight away?
    I see CSF has 19 posts on this thread so it's safe to assume he's going for it, wonski as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm interested in finding out when other forumites plan to activate the wildcard, I've absolutely no need for it just yet, I think I would only make 2 or 3 changes at the moment. Are many of the regulars going for it straight away?
    I see CSF has 19 posts on this thread so it's safe to assume he's going for it, wonski as well.

The Last week unless something major happens inbetween.

2FTs this week anyway and we'll have a lot more knowledge in a months time so hopefully can ride it out over earlier users. Always do it that way if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I had such a bad run lately (GW ranks over 3m in last 2:eek:) that a new, fresh team was needed.
    Will only need 2 transfers to bring Aguero back anyway.

New transfer window doesn't bother me, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No I just use this forum as a way to avoid working. Also, there was a discussion over the timing yesterday which took up a few of those. Activating the wildcard for GW23 is my plan.

The 2 weeks between 22 and 23 should be vital in allowing time for some of the injured big hitters to make their return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I always play it at this time but I don't have the need at the minute . I'd probably only make 3 changes maximum. It will more than likely be the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Right lads time for some ass licking,please check out my post on middle of page 8 as if I'm going to activate WC want to do it tonight to maybe catch any risers.So am appealing to legends of the game such as Shedite 27, trilla, da hat,CSF,km79,8-10,Mr Prodston,G1032,Lemlin,Futureguy,menoscemo,FHFC,Swiper the fox and all the other legends(you know who you are;))........to check out my post and throw in your two cents worth, Happy New Year:)

Right lads time for some ass licking,please check out my post on middle of page 8 as if I'm going to activate WC want to do it tonight to maybe catch any risers.So am appealing to legends of the game such as Shedite 27, trilla, da hat,CSF,km79,8-10,Mr Prodston,G1032,Lemlin,Futureguy,menoscemo,FHFC,Swiper the fox and all the other legends(you know who you are;))........to check out my post and throw in your two cents worth, Happy New Year:)
    Your team looks well covered for now. I'd hold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

CSF wrote: »
    Your team looks well covered for now. I'd hold out.

Well I've been called a lot worse in my time I suppose!!! Just a heads up though......I ain't no legend of this game. If my points returns reflected the time I spent at it I'd be top of the world but alas they never do!!:o

I'd agree with CSF. I wouldn't be wildcarding at the minute with that current team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It's a close run thing but 'd probably wildcard in western pomise's position, in fact I definitely would but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do:p

DeGea, Rooney, Ameobi, need to go IMO, I haven't time to give this my full attention now but that's my initial two cents, I don't think you're particularly well set up for the next few weeks. You probably regret that knee jerk to get rid of Zab and Azpil:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Aguero due back soon,he's training with the team.I'm tempted to play my wildcard but might hold off after hearing that news.

It's a close run thing but 'd probably wildcard in western pomise's position, in fact I definitely would but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do:p

DeGea, Rooney, Ameobi, need to go IMO, I haven't time to give this my full attention now but that's my initial two cents, I don't think you're particularly well set up for the next few weeks. You probably regret that knee jerk to get rid of Zab and Azpil:pac:

Think De Gea and Rooney have a decent enough fixture this week. United at home very strong against all but the strongest. Away is their weakness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Again, no one going up or down of real consequence. I'll lose 0.1m on Azpilicueta but it won't affect my selling value.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Would a combo of Hazard and Fabregas be enough to offset no Costa?

He just doesn't return enough for 11.2 million

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

dahat wrote: »

Costa has been great all year. He is cheaper than Aguero and RVP. What exactly are you looking for?

Big Borg wrote: »
    Costa has been great all year. He is cheaper than Aguero and RVP. What exactly are you looking for?

Only 3 double digit hauls so far, terrible bonus points..

I'd want more for 11.2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Thanks for replies so far,what do ye think of my possible WC side?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jebforever wrote: »

I don't think it would be crazy to go with 3 cheap forwards from the likes of Austin, Ings, Kane, Carroll, Ayoze etc. This would mean going without Aguero and opting for a 3-5-2 which is intriguing. Imagine a midfield of Hazard, Sanchez, Fabregas, Silva and Di Maria!

You could have those 5 + Aguero, Austin and Kane - just means going with a cheapish defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think I'm going with Hazard and Cesc for January and will assess then whether Costa is worth it or not. I've been without him since October and have made ground imo. Only problem would be if he fires and is a heavy captain choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I think I'm going with Hazard and Cesc for January and will assess then whether Costa is worth it or not. I've been without him since October and have made ground imo. Only problem would be if he fires and is a heavy captain choice.

I had decided this too BUT then started looking at viable striker options to go along with falcao and Kane( for now).........there are more options to choose from in midfield than up front so at the moment I have him even tho I don't really want him! will upgrade most likely him to aguero by end of january though
    Newcastle will feel the backlash next weekend in the league me thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I did it for about six weeks and it worked out fine.

I haven't had in for a good while myself but I do fear the Newcastle game.

Might get him for that game and go to Hazard/Fab then.

A massive gamble due to his % ownership but it might pay off

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I haven't had in for a good while myself but I do fear the Newcastle game.

Might get him for that game and go to Hazard/Fab then.

A massive gamble due to his % ownership but it might pay off

think that's what I'm doing as well. aguero in after 2\3 weeks when I'm sure he will not break AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Well folks,am thinking of WCarding.....first of all Happy New Year to all posters and may it be a healthy one.

My current team (after dumping Zab for Cresswell and Azpil for Hutton)... In annoyance at their recent lack of returns:) is

De Gea. Krul
    Terry Cresswell Hutton Dummett O'Shea
    Hazard Silva Sanchez Chadli Amoebi
    Austin Kane Rooney
    So am on a -4 hit for the week already

My thinking kinda as to why to use WC now is that Rooney is playing too deep to score big returns(in next few weeks),I got lucky with Austin one week as Capt but Capt him for last two blanks and had Kane benched:( this wk so dropped a lot in rankings.
    Have the funds for Aguero return,am a bit afraid I don't have Costa currently for when he does come good again.

Here's quick possible WC team
    DeGea Panti
    Terry Hutton Bertrand O' Shea Wasilewski
    Hazard Silva Sanchez Chadli Bentalab
    Kane Falcao Costa.

So if in my shoes would ye WC now?......or hope likes of Rooney wakes up etc for next few GWs....don't want to fall behind close rivals in money leagues.Usually play 3-4-3.
    Thanks for any advice positive or negative.
    PS- so to gain from rises .... If I decide to WC to team mentioned or something similar do I press Activate WC now or leave it till ten days time with say -28 on my screen till then? To press that button?

I'd stick with your side. Rooney may get more chances against weaker opposition. I'd be getting rid of him long term though. I think the Newcastle game was the exception to how he'll perform in his midfield role.

I actually think you have a good strong team there.

km79 wrote: »
    think that's what I'm doing as well. aguero in after 2\3 weeks when I'm sure he will not break AGAIN

Hopefully not as I'm banking a lot on him. He is far more explosive than any other striker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Hopefully not as I'm banking a lot on him. He is far more explosive than any other striker

Yeah i'd second that. Get him in as soon as he is fit.

thunderdog wrote: »
    Yeah i'd second that. Get him in as soon as he is fit.

Think everyone is really. Just at who's expense is the big question.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

any thoughts on having Chelsea goalkeeper and 2 Chelsea defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You missed the match against Spurs, then

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

And no Hazard,Fabregas or Costa? That would be crazy imo.

Advertisement