Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Wildcard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

De Gea. Krul
    Terry Cresswell Hutton Dummett O'Shea
    Hazard Silva Sanchez Chadli Amoebi
    Kane Austin Rooney

Here's quick possible WC team
    DeGea Panti
    Terry Hutton Bertrand O' Shea Wasilewski
    Hazard Silva Sanchez Chadli Bentalab
    Kane Falcao Costa.
    As ya called me a "legend of the game" (yeah right!) here's my two cents....

Firstly I'm a major advocate of holding out on the wildcard as long as possible. There's loads of things gonna change in Jan between injuries to cheap and expensive players, new managers who may drop players, new signings and ACON players, so hold off if ya can.

So to get ya through two weeks,
    GK - starting keeper won't change.
    Def - I have your first 3, and your other two have nice fixtures, no need to change them.
    Mid - You're not changing your 4 starting players, why bother.
    For - Kane is staying. Austin has Burnley next, defo worth another week. Rooney and Falcao are similar, Falcao plays further up, Rooney playing better. Costa, meh, I'm not worried about not having him.

Hang onto the wildcard, it'll be valuable in 2 weeks when Costa is out for the season and Rooney is serving a 3 match ban

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Thoughts on having Zab and Clichy?
    Would it be wise to get rid of one for Terry? And who?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Thoughts on having Zab and Clichy?
    Would it be wise to get rid of one for Terry? And who?

Yes and clichy $$$ permitting. Zab scoring badly but he looks like a guy with a big score in him, constantly gets forward. City are too bad at the back to double up on them.

Not for a hit though if you have already used your FT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

done with draft 1, sick after the last 2 gameweeks so wc is active. dropped from 55k to 77.8K.

so far we're looking like so.

De Gea

Debuchy, Ivanovic, Hutton.

Gerrard (more than likely finish on ADM for this spot.) Hazard, Sanchez, Chadli (probably get changed/updated to someone else).

Kane, Costa, Jovetic

bench = Given, Boyd, Wasilewski, Dummett

then I'll go -16 to remedy the situation in a panic attack after all else fails :D

3.3 itb for the return of the king or other tweak outs that take my fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

TacT wrote: »
    done with draft 1, sick after the last 2 gameweeks so wc is active. dropped from 55k to 77.8K.

so far we're looking like so.

De Gea

Debuchy, Ivanovic, Hutton.

Gerrard (more than likely finish on ADM for this spot.) Hazard, Sanchez, Chadli (probably get changed/updated to someone else).

Kane, Costa, Jovetic

bench = Given, Boyd, Wasilewski, Dummett

then I'll go -16 to remedy the situation in a panic attack after all else fails :D

3.3 itb for the return of the king or other tweak outs that take my fancy.

Gerrard and Debuchy are not worth a wc. What is your original team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Super article on defence options for the WC

http://allthingsfpl.com/?p=14750

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

dahat wrote: »
    Super article on defence options for the WC

http://allthingsfpl.com/?p=14750

Wanted to more than just thank this post as its essential reading for all interested in trying to gain an edge!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wanted to more than just thank this post as its essential reading for all interested in trying to gain an edge!

Its a great article and puts all the research into one post.
    Excellent work by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CorkyLFC

Tempted to play my WC

My 1st Draft is

Guzan, Pantilimon
    Jones,Koscielny,Alderweireld,Wisdom,Vlaar
    Hazard,Silva,Siggy,Fabregas,Albrighton
    Costa,Kane,Rooney

Whats your feedback?

Tempted to play my WC

My 1st Draft is

Guzan, Pantilimon
    Costa,Kane,Rooney

Tempted to take Siggy out for Coutinho...

Whats your feedback?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

CorkyLFC wrote: »
    Tempted to play my WC

My 1st Draft is

Guzan, Pantilimon
    Costa,Kane,Rooney

Whats your feedback?

Albrighton isn't playing enough, take him out for Boyd, and keep Siggy ahead of Coutinho though if you can stretch to Sterling do that instead. And make sure you leave enough cash in the bank for Sergio ;)

CorkyLFC wrote: »
    Tempted to play my WC

My 1st Draft is

Guzan, Pantilimon
    Costa,Kane,Rooney

Whats your feedback?

As an Arsenal fan I should make you aware that Kos is an ongoing fitness concern, Debuchy is .7 less and nailed.
    Vlaar also has serious fitness issues, Hutton .1 less and nailed.
    Albrighton gametime non existent, above savings should let u upgrade significantly for regular players only .2 or .3 dearer.
    Nice team, 3 chelsea attacking is all your eggs in the Chelsea basket with league cup, fa cup, champs league postponments on the horizon.

Fab to ADM when hes back is what im thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

wonski wrote: »
    Gerrard and Debuchy are not worth a wc. What is your original team?

Guzan

Ivan, Debuchy, Dummett

Mirallas, Hazard, Downing, Sanchez, Toure

RVP, Austin.

Given, Hutton, Kane, Yun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

TacT wrote: »
    Guzan

Ivan, Debuchy, Dummett

Mirallas, Hazard, Downing, Sanchez, Toure

RVP, Austin.

Given, Hutton, Kane, Yun.

Silva in instead of Gerrard then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Currently in the Top 100 in Ireland. I'm not particularly happy with some players in my squad. I have already used -4 on 2 Transfers

Bony to Kane
    Yaya to Hazard

Would it be best to hold off on wildcard & go for an overhaul now or try consolidate my current position with what I currently have?

my squad is

DDG McCarthy
    Azpil Clichy Wisdom Sakho Moreno
    Haz Silva Sanchez Sterling Siggy
    Kane Austin Costa

is this a good enough squad for the next few weeks & weigh up things then?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Currently in the Top 100 in Ireland. I'm not particularly happy with some players in my squad. I have already used -4 on 2 Transfers

Bony to Kane
    Yaya to Hazard

Would it be best to hold off on wildcard & go for an overhaul now or try consolidate my current position with what I currently have?

my squad is

DDG McCarthy
    Azpil Clichy Wisdom Sakho Moreno
    Haz Silva Sanchez Sterling Siggy
    Kane Austin Costa

is this a good enough squad for the next few weeks & weigh up things then?

Looks decent. Couldnt justify 2 Liverpool defenders but not worth wildcarding over I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Think I'll do the sly thing in taking the 20 point hit then take a Snapchat and send it to my main rival. Then activate the WC just before the deadline for the next GW :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Looks decent. Couldnt justify 2 Liverpool defenders but not worth wildcarding over I think.

Was a Xmas punt with Liverpool's fixtures. Having looked at them in their last 2 home games I defo need moving.

With Azpil & Clichy being rotated every other week it's becoming priority to shore up the defence.

Would you hold out for 2/3 weeks?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Was a Xmas punt with Liverpool's fixtures. Having looked at them in their last 2 home games I defo need moving.

With Azpil & Clichy being rotated every other week it's becoming priority to shore up the defence.

Would you hold out for 2/3 weeks?

All your defence somewhat playable this week and next so personally I would hold out.
    Will know alot more at end of month re Pulis and new manager picks, new additions, returns from injury etc.

edit: Worth a read for when wildcarding: http://allthingsfpl.com/?p=14750

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you are wildcarding early make sure to have a plan in place for the League Cup final in GW27 could easily end up with more than half your team not playing if its not taken into account!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think I'll do the sly thing in taking the 20 point hit then take a Snapchat and send it to my main rival. Then activate the WC just before the deadline for the next GW :p

You're just begging to be punished there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

jimmii wrote: »
    If you are wildcarding early make sure to have a plan in place for the League Cup final in GW27 could easily end up with more than half your team not playing if its not taken into account!

It would be useful if Pool could knock Chelsea out as most of us will have 3 of their players for rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It would be useful if Pool could knock Chelsea out as most of us will have 3 of their players for rest of the season.

On the contrary hopefully, anything that requires a bit of pre planning and thought should suit the likes of us losers who spend far too much time thinking about these things.
    One of the reasons why I'm gutted that there's been no DGW's this year and not much opportunity either.

Clichy has to go for me, too much of a risk of rotation. He fcuked me the first week I had him by not playing but 2 assists made up for it the last day.

Chelsea v Spurs, which seems the most likely outcome, could prove to be a nightmare as it would mean no game for those two plus Leicester & QPR! Those going into that with 3 Chelsea plus Kane and/or Austin are going to be in a world of hurt!

A bit of extra planning is probably a good thing allows those that do look ahead the chance to get ahead!

Chelsea v Spurs, which seems the most likely outcome, could prove to be a nightmare as it would mean no game for those two plus Leicester & QPR! Those going into that with 3 Chelsea plus Kane and/or Austin are going to be in a world of hurt!

A bit of extra planning is probably a good thing allows those that do look ahead the chance to get ahead!

Never thought of this. :'(

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Never thought of this. :'(

Certainly throws a spanner in the works alright. Kane & Austin will both have gone up about 1m each for a lot of people by then so selling and buying back will be expensive could be a tricky week to navigate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would it make much difference though? Just means they'll have a double gameweek at some stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

wonski wrote: »
    Wildcard activated:D

First draft:

333474.png

Not sure about the defence, mids and forwards look good to me. Nothing spectacular, but better than what it was before. 0 left in the bank so not much to play with.

Nice team. I see some resemblances with my team. I have 5 of your front 7. I also have Chelsea, Southampton, WB, Sunderland and Villa cover at the back. Front 7 looks very strong. Have you any plans to bring Augero in though? Suppose you could downgrade Sterling and upgrade Falcao to Augero if needs be.

Advertisement