Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Wildcard

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I can't trust Zouma to start and he's missing in 3 GWs anyway so good old Coloccini comes in. Yes I'm chickening out probably

Why's he missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Quickly, keep Sanchez or get Walcott which allows and upgrade of Puncheon to Sterling. This will be medium/long term decision

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Why's he missing?

Chelsea in the League cup final so a blank GW27 as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

qwabercd wrote: »
    Gone for a relatively punty wildcard. Its always a big risk planning 3 transfers ahead but I plan to get Sturridge in for Remy next GW and then 2 GWs later bring Sanchez and alderweireld in for kompamy and tadic. 5.7m itb.

Foster Myhill

Terry Kompany Haidara Bellerin PVA

Hazard Silva Cazorla Tadic Ameobi

Aguero Remy Kane

Am I trying to be too cute taking the punt on Remy? Should I just go for sturridge straight of the bat? I really do fancy Remy against villa and I will know before the next deadline if Sturridge is starting against spurs.

There's probably better alternatives than tadic considering money isn't an issue but its only for 3 GWs and I fancy him over those fixtures.

Feedback as always most welcome!
    qwabercd wrote: »
    Anyone have any quick thoughts before the deadline? I feel unloved.

Team looks good overall.

Not sure I'd trust City defence.

Your punt on Rémy with cash in for Sturridge is not that bad an idea. I'd be more reluctant to keep Tadic. Maybe Puncheon is a better idea though he only had 2 good games really. Or Walters/Moses since they offer a nice GW27 fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Dempsey wrote: »
    Quickly, keep Sanchez or get Walcott which allows and upgrade of Puncheon to Sterling. This will be medium/long term decision

If its any help I think Sanchez will miss the next two games at least.

• Advertisement

Chelsea in the League cup final so a blank GW27 as it stands.

New too the game but does he not make that fixture up or how's it work? Ship
    Out all chelsea players for that week and get them back in down the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

MrMac84 wrote: »
    New too the game but does he not make that fixture up or how's it work? Ship
    Out all chelsea players for that week and get them back in down the road?

Well he'll have a Double Gameweek at some point but you might be struggling to field 11 players that week. Spurs, QPR and Leicester also miss out.

Not sure when it's due to be rescheduled though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Just got rid of Sanchez

If anyone needs me, i'll be in the fetal position in the corner!

7 players away from home after a WC!

#thefear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Last minute change from Foster to Pantillmon in goal. Need to stop tinkering!!

Well he'll have a Double Gameweek at some point but you might be struggling to field 11 players that week. Spurs, QPR and Leicester also miss out.

Not sure when it's due to be rescheduled though
    Ive 1 Spurs and 2 chelsea and was planning on getting costa back by then too. Might need a rethink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Neoulous wrote: »
    I am a bit lost with my WC. Timing is bad.

Forster Jaku
    Zouma Jones Bellerin PvA Wisdom
    Sanchez Hazard Eriksen Silva Cazorla
    Aguero Kane Austin
    £1.3m in the bank

I'd like to keep some cash for Austin -> Sturridge.

Can't do it right now unless I sell Sanchez which I'm reluctant to. Just got Cazorla in during WC. Should I sell him and cash in my £0.1m profit and get Sturridge in now?

Plan for GK is either Foster/Myhill or Panti/Mannone. I guess I could sell Wisdom and go with the former?

Opinions?

Got the Pulis keepers in and Yoshida for Wisdom. Hopefully when I'll reassess my Arsenal mids I'll upgrade Yoshida.

Is Zouma a bad idea ahead of GW27? A Stoke def better?

Any late advice?

Neoulous wrote: »
    Got the Pulis keepers in and Yoshida for Wisdom. Hopefully when I'll reassess my Arsenal mids I'll upgrade Yoshida.

Is Zouma a bad idea ahead of GW27? A Stoke def better?

Any late advice?

Id stick with Zouma.

Id stick with Zouma.

I'm sticking with him too!

Well it's done. Now for an hour or so of peace and tranquility not having to think about transfers until Arsenal/ Spurs kicks off and it all starts coming crashing down. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Nightingale

WC done, very last minute - started at 11:15 so no time to ask for opinions :-(

Foster
    Wisdom Jones Terry
    Elia Hazard(v) Cazorla Silva
    Kane Sturridge Ageuro(c)

Pantillimon Boyd Hutton Bellerin

Took out Heaton, NTaylor, Bertrand, Downing, Austin for Foster, Jones, Bellerin, Elia and Sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

January Wildcard

Good Riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Thank god that's over

• Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Benching the on form Kane vs Chelsea cost people a heap of points. Not sure it's the best idea to leave an in form player on the bench. He'll be fired up for this Derby!

**I'm a biased Spurs fan**

I think i love you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Took 2 punts Targett and Zouma, whoops!

Zouma to Clyne next gw i think :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'd like to have my wildcard back please

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think the past month has shown there is no right or wrong time to play the jan wildcard things constantly change week by week. Some lads got unlucky that they took out kane after his blank when we all captained him. Others got a nice bounce from going all in on Arsenal against Villa.Wildcarders this week may have gone all in this week on City which doesnt work out or go for zouma . Nobody of much significance was signed in the window and Im always happy to get the wildcard out of the way early as i find it too distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I think the past month has shown there is no right or wrong time to play the jan wildcard things constantly change week by week.
    Yeah I'd agree with that. For me, the team I would have picked in week 1 was vastly different to the one I'd picked in week 4. Team from week 1 would likely have had Costa/Sanchez in for their two blanks, resulting in more changes, the cheap defenders too have changed a bit. Baird, Wassi in week 1, both look doubts now. Much of a muchness realy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    Hazard and Sanchez speak for themselves, while Eriksen appears to be heading that way, after being central to everything Spurs have done for the last while. The fixtures aren't ideal, but going with Eriksen as Spurs coverage allowed me to go Eriksen/Pelle instead of Silva/Kane which I prefer.

Looking back over some of my posts and found the above. That decision last month has destroyed me. Even at the time it was a bit silly. Pelle hadn't scored in ages and most of the top 1,000 had Kane. That will haunt me for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Paully D wrote: »
    Looking back over some of my posts and found the above. That decision last month has destroyed me. Even at the time it was a bit silly. Pelle hadn't scored in ages and most of the top 1,000 had Kane. That will haunt me for the rest of the season.
    It's never too late to react anyway ;). You could get Silva in this week and kane for the double.. Of course the points you missed out can't be gotten back but there are still 12.3 GWs to go. A lot can still happen!

Advertisement