Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Wildcard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Rikand wrote: »
    lol - yes

but hopefully its to do with the price change happening now. a game update has locked it....

will log in and out at 2 am and see if i can do it then :)

Otherwise, thats my season over thanks to a glitch, lol :)

I think you need to make another transfer and when doing it activate your WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

manual_man wrote: »
    I just logged in there no problem. But I think the price changes go thru in a few mins!

what i had to do was play a pretend transfer. I transferred out myhill for another 4.0 keeper, play the wildcard and transfer Myhill back in. Just a glitch/bug, but we're all good now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

what iroced said :D

so not a glitch, just the way it is, lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Dismantled my team tonight, got rid of Terry and Costa.

Here's how it stands

Kruk---Woodman

Baird---Bellerin---Bertrand---Clichy---Phil Jones

Ward-Prowse---ADM(VC)---Sanchez---Hazard--Silva

Aguero---Giroud(C)---Kane

0.6 In The bank

Plans to sort out my mess;

Wanted Pelle for Kane but no funds. Kane will be going next week not sure for who yet.

Going to try get Courtois for Krul in after the blank week, going to risk not having Chelsea defence until GW 28.

Swap Bertrand for Toby Alderweireld when fit.

Eventually will ship ADM to Mane/Puncheon/Downing to try get Costa back up front.

Any thoughts on this before the deadline.

Rikand wrote: »
    I transferred out myhill for another 4.0 keeper, play the wildcard and transfer Myhill back in.

:pac: That's the move I kept to activate mine also :pac:...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

shineon23 wrote: »
    Dismantled my team tonight, got rid of Terry and Costa.
    This is very much in my thoughts for wildcard week. I got him in when he was "due a goal", bagged 3 in a month, think it may be time to ship. The freed up funds would be very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    This is very much in my thoughts for wildcard week. I got hm in when he was "due a goal", get bagged 3 in a month, think it may be time to ship. The freed up funds would be very handy.

I think i'll be selling terry aswell. He has been an unreal transfer for me going for Terry over azpil and an on fire baines at the time flew me up the rankings.

Right lads. I'm £0.1m short to afford the following team.

Foster/Myhill
    Terry Berty Jones PvA Baird
    Sanchez Hazard ADM Cazorla Puncheon
    Aguero Kane Giroud

Puncheon & Cazorla would be here short term. The former mainly for this very GW. The latter until Sanchez is back fully fit and/or when I decide to get in Eriksen (when I'll ditch Kane).

Jones may not be there for very long term too. If Bellerin keeps his place I may downgrade Jones to him after ideally having made a £0.1m profit out of him. This downgrade associated with Puncheon to a £4.3m mid should allow me flexibility upfront. If I do this double downgrade now I'm £0.2m short to get Pellè in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

iroced wrote: »

Foster/Myhill
    Aguero Kane Giroud

Puncheon & Cazorla would be here short term. The former mainly for this very GW. The latter until Sanchez is back fully fit and/or when I decide to get in Eriksen (when I'll ditch Kane).

Jones may not be there for very long term too. If Bellerin keeps his place I may downgrade Jones to him after ideally having made a £0.1m profit out of him. This downgrade associated with Puncheon to a £4.3m mid should allow me flexibility upfront. If I do this double downgrade now I'm £0.2m short to get Pellè in.

I was looking at the same defense but they don't rotate well for the next few weeks, all 5 away and then home in next 2 GWs (not sure about this GW).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Job done.

Foster, Myhill
    Terry, Bertrand, Wollschied, PVA, Hutton
    Hazard, ADM, Cazorla, Johnson, Boyd
    Aguero, Giroud, Kane.

3.3 in bank to bring back Sanchez.

• Advertisement

Who is this Wollschied I see in a few teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

A 4.5m Stoke defender on loan from Bayer Leverkusen. Looks nailed on.

Stoke defender. Looking at your def in the wildcard thread the problem I have with it is that you are hardly ever going to use Pva and Baird who have some great fixtures as with the money your spending on Terry and berry you sort of have to play them every week as you will with Jones due to fixtures. Everyone is going for the Che sou Jones combo but it's negating the effect of cheap defs with great fixtures. I think we are now spending too much on our defs when you can get Baird hutton Pva alder or Jones wollschied and pick the best 3 each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Stoke defender. Looking at your def in the wildcard thread the problem I have with it is that you are hardly ever going to use Pva and Baird who have some great fixtures as with the money your spending on Terry and berry you sort of have to play them every week as you will with Jones due to fixtures. Everyone is going for the Che sou Jones combo but it's negating the effect of cheap defs with great fixtures. I think we are now spending too much on our defs when you can get Baird hutton Pva alder or Jones wollschied and pick the best 3 each week.

Jones, Terry and Bertrand offer a goal threat and good bonus point appeal though. Jones isn't particularly expensive at 5.3 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭blackwave

Mb49C2B.png?1

My current team need some advice as its crap. Have 1.1m in the bank for transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I was looking at my team and thinking the exact same thing re: rarely starting van Aanholt despite some great home fixtures due to the amount of money I have locked up in my defense. However, the free cash is there now that Costa is out and in all honesty if I didn't have more expensive defenders it would just be lying there in my bank or invested in a more expensive midfielder that I don't feel all that convinced about.

In addition to that, it makes your bench so much stronger. This week for example I have injury doubts over Ivanovic and Sanchez, but due to having Ivanovic/Bertrand/Jones, van Aanholt is on my bench and likely to come in to the side with a home game against Burnley for one of the aforementioned doubts. In an ideal world we'd never have to use our benches, but we all know we use them far more often that we would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Benimar wrote: »
    A 4.5m Stoke defender on loan from Bayer Leverkusen. Looks nailed on.

Plus he has a favourable GW27 fixture, which is handy with the Spurs + Chelsea blanks.

Foster/Myhill
    Aguero Kane Giroud

walters or moses nice fixture this week qpr home and gw 27 hull Home the 2 weeks you will want him to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Foster
    ///// (Hamer)

Bellerín
    Jones
    Ivanovic //// (Hutton)(Baird)

Hazard -- Eriksen -- Sánchez -- Sterling ///// (Boyd)

Agüero
    Kane
    Giroud

Pretty Happy with that!!! Any comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

walters or moses nice fixture this week qpr home and gw 27 hull Home the 2 weeks you will want him to play.

I'm actually considering Moses if the Johnson punt goes down the toilet. Very nice run of fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Lads, anything you would change with this team? Any comments appreciated!

Foster Myhill

Bertrand Terry PVA Hutton Santon

ADM Boyd Sanchez Sterling Hazard

Kane Aguero Giroud

Paully D wrote: »
    I was looking at my team and thinking the exact same thing re: rarely starting van Aanholt despite some great home fixtures due to the amount of money I have locked up in my defense. However, the free cash is there now that Costa is out and in all honesty if I didn't have more expensive defenders it would just be lying there in my bank or invested in a more expensive midfielder that I don't feel all that convinced about.

In addition to that, it makes your bench so much stronger. This week for example I have injury doubts over Ivanovic and Sanchez, but due to having Ivanovic/Bertrand/Jones, van Aanholt is on my bench and likely to come in to the side with a home game against Burnley for one of the aforementioned doubts. In an ideal world we'd never have to use our benches, but we all know we use them far more often that we would like.
    We dont need the money at the minute but lets say walcott and sturridge hit the ground running and then costa comes back money will quickly become very tight again. Apart from having terry the last 10 or so weeks ive gone cheap on defs all season and Id say its been my best ever season for Clean Sheets. If I pull the trigger on terry to wollscheid my backline will be alder jones pva wollscheid hutton. The fixtures from gw23-27 are
    23 lei H bur H qpr H
    24 qpr A wham A swa A
    25 Bur H qpr H wham H
    26 wba H sto h swa A
    27 Hull H sun H wba A
    DGW 28 everything is up in the air so Ill reconsider it then if chelsea have a DGW.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Jones, Terry and Bertrand offer a goal threat and good bonus point appeal though. Jones isn't particularly expensive at 5.3 either.

Yeah... Have to solve that dilemma in less than 30 min now... The Sanchez injury threw a huge spanner in my WC. Was pretty much set on it with a couple of future transfers already planned. But now I don't know if I forget about this GW and use my defence or if I try to use a 1-week punt... Also not too happy about downgrading Wisdom to Baird now with both of them set to rise tonight.. It's a pity we don't have an extra day for the WC. Could have benefitted from both rises and gained a hugely useful £0.1m on getting PvA in. Ah well. Don't have the choice anyway.

About the defence.
    • Terry & Berty would play every week. I keep the option of downgrading Berty to Alderweireld when the latter'll be back. Almost £1m saved which could be very useful to upgrade Kane.
    • Jones is not a long term prospect in my mind. Up to GW 27 with Leicester, Burnley & Sunderland at home and WH & Swansea away. He has a nice GW 27 fixture which is a plus too.
    • Just had a look at PvA fixtures. Hadn't realised how good they were. So I may forget about Puncheon and the 1-week punt at all and just play 4-3-3 this week.
    The main pb I have with rotating cheap defenders every week for the third defence spot is the 3 most popular teams considered to do so are WB, AV & Sunderland. They are (among) the 3 best away teams in the league and are all significantly doing better away than home (bar Villa which is "only" marginally doing better :P) if I believe my recent GK analysis. Granted WB prospects have changed with Pullis in charge but already have their keepers and/so Baird would mainly be here for his price. And you can't really gamble on playing your away player...

About the 5th cheap midfielder.

I narrowed it down to 2. Liverpool's Lucas or Swansea newcomer's Cork.

Liverpool are still involved in FA & UEFA Cups. Am I correct in thinking they'll only face a blank GW if they progress to the FA semis? And similarly Swansea will have a blank if Leicester reaches the FA semi (unlikely though). So Swansea not being involved in anything bar the PL sounds safer but is Cork really nailed on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Think I'm gonna go with a more expensive defense but solely for the reason that I've no where else to spend the money at the moment with costa out.

Outside of Aguero there's no expensive striker I want, and will probably go for Giroud just for the sake of using some cash.

You have the big hitters in midfield but outside of Hazard and Sanchez, I'd be just as comfortable going for the likes of Eriksen, Tadic or Sterling as I would Silva, ADM, Fab or Walcott.

Also, I don't agree with the general consensus that you have to play the expensive defender when you have him. I'd have no qualms about playing a 3.9m Baird at home to Burnley for example than a 6.6m Terry away to City.

Edit - general point seems to have been covered above

Lads, anything you would change with this team? Any comments appreciated!

Foster Myhill

Bertrand Terry PVA Hutton Santon

ADM Boyd Sanchez Sterling Hazard

Kane Aguero Giroud

Will you really play Santon? Is it a threesome rotation with Villa & Sunderland?

Otherwise it looks solid enough. Do you have anything in bank if you want to upgrade Kane or Giroud at some point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Will you really play Santon? Is it a threesome rotation with Villa & Sunderland?

Otherwise it looks solid enough. Do you have anything in bank if you want to upgrade Kane or Giroud at some point?

Thanks. I had Kelly but Crystal Palace signed a new left back so went for Santon instead. Only 0.1 in the bank so someone is going to have make way if I want to upgrade Kane or Giroud.

So. After 2 weeks of allternate and successive intense inner and outer debates and times completely off FPL I ended up with this team.
    Glad it's over but not fully satisfied with it... all because of FHFC's bragging about what he could do with his six million pounds team :pac: :pac: :pac:.

Foster Myhill
    Terry Bertrand P. Jones PvA Baird
    Sanchez Hazard ADM Cazorla Lucas
    Aguero Giroud Kane
    £1.1m in bank.

I need £2.1 to upgrade Kane to Pellè. So Ronald Koeman please just play Yoshida alongside Pellè in a 4-4-2 that'll be just as handy as I'd need :D :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

So. After 2 weeks of allternate and successive intense inner and outer debates and times completely off FPL I ended up with this team.
    Glad it's over but not fully satisfied with it... all because of FHFC's bragging about what he could do with his six million pounds team :pac: :pac: :pac:.

Foster Myhill
    Terry Bertrand P. Jones PvA Baird
    Sanchez Hazard ADM Cazorla Lucas
    Aguero Giroud Kane
    £1.1m in bank.

I need £2.1 to upgrade Kane to Pellè. So Ronald Koeman please just play Yoshida alongside Pellè in a 4-4-2 that'll be just as handy as I'd need :D :pac:.

Ahem. Bragging!

Not a bad effort with your limited resources. ;)

Did I mention I have 3.4m in the bank by the way! :D

FHFC wrote: »
    Ahem. Bragging!

Not a bad effort with your limited resources. ;)

Did I mention I have 3.4m in the bank by the way! :D

Yah I'm just jealous in fairness :o:p... I needed an extra day to be more flexible (cashing in Wisdom extra £0.1m while getting Baird in and momentarily ditching Myhill). That would have allowed me keeping Puncheon for this week. Was £0.1m short to 2 drafts I was happier with. Ah well c'est la vie. Must remember my WC team is not only designed for this very GW.

What's the £3.4m for? Upgrade AJ to Eriksen? And one of Giroud/Pellè to Sturridge? Can you actually do both? Hmmm no I guess you can't... unless I'm seeing AJ price much lowe rthan he is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Yah I'm just jealous in fairness :o:p... I needed an extra day to be more flexible (cashing in Wisdom extra £0.1m while getting Baird in and momentarily ditching Myhill). That would have allowed me keeping Puncheon for this week. Was £0.1m short to 2 drafts I was happier with. Ah well c'est la vie. Must remember my WC team is not only designed for this very GW.

What's the £3.4m for? Upgrade AJ to Eriksen? And one of Giroud/Pellè to Sturridge? Can you actually do both? Hmmm no I guess you can't... unless I'm seeing AJ price much lowe rthan he is...

AJ or Di Maria to Silva next week is a possibility. Cash left as Johnston was the midfielder under 9.4 I fancied most this week and possibly beyond.

Advertisement