Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Wildcard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Okay, time for a first(ish) draft -

Foster - Myhill

Jones - Hutton - PVA - Zouma - Haidara

Silva - Sterling - Sanchez - Hazard - Cazorla

Kane - Aguero - Giroud

0.3m ITB

Issues:

(1) Happy to go with Zouma for the moment, he looks immense and I think Mourinho won't necessarily be in a hurry to get Cahill back in.

(2) Is Haidara nailed on? He rotates well with PVA and Hutton, and if he's not I'll switch him out for Wasi, but I'd prefer to do it now if there's any doubt, rather than use a transfer in a few weeks.

(3) I've 5 good midfielders at the minute, simply because of Sanchez's injury. I can take another 0.1m drop from him without it affecting his re-sale value so I'll hang on for now. In a week or two I can downgrade one of them (probably one of Silva or Cazorla) and use the funds to go Giroud -> Sturridge. That would also allow me to maybe get Bellerin in - I'd like to have him now, but I've three Arsenal elsewhere.

Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Looks strong.

The main problem for me is you have already 3 transfers planned. So if unexpected things happen you could be in trouble. Your luck is the next GW is just a couple of days away so if you can bank your transfer you could go into the GW26 fortnight with 2 FT to play with.

About Haidara I don't know. I guess he's not and will be back on the bench if Dummett plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Here's what I've come up with on my current WC draft:

cSlT67J.jpg?1

Pulis in goal despite last week's warning.

Defence is from the finest the bargain bucket can offer. PVA I'm very happy with. Coloccini served me well earlier on in the season and is a cheap guaranteed starter. Both Bellerin and Zouma is possibly asking for trouble and Hutton is reliable only the 7 yellows is a concern. If Studge breaks I'll be able to upgrade somebody to a Saint or a Red Devil.

Hazard is self explanatory. Silva can't not be in a WC team this week with Hull on the board but is dispensable if he needs to be. I needed to find 1.1 from Di Maria so Eriksen fitted that bill. Cazorla's penalties are due to dry up but what if they don't. It feels all kinds of wrong to leave Theo out but I'm not a rich man. Ameobi at 4.3 is a risk.

Up front Sergio naturally. I'm not sure about leaving Kane out but which of Giroud or Studge should make way. Not that I'm sold on Studge with fixtures, price tag and general ability to break down into tiny pieces at any given moment. He scores goals though. Free's cash up elsewhere though.

I'm fairly sure this won't be my final draft though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Here's what I've come up with on my current WC draft:

cSlT67J.jpg?1

Pulis in goal despite last week's warning.

Defence is from the finest the bargain bucket can offer. PVA I'm very happy with. Coloccini served me well earlier on in the season and is a cheap guaranteed starter. Both Bellerin and Zouma is possibly asking for trouble and Hutton is reliable only the 7 yellows is a concern. If Studge breaks I'll be able to upgrade somebody to a Saint or a Red Devil.

Hazard is self explanatory. Silva can't not be in a WC team this week with Hull on the board but is dispensable if he needs to be. I needed to find 1.1 from Di Maria so Eriksen fitted that bill. Cazorla's penalties are due to dry up but what if they don't. It feels all kinds of wrong to leave Theo out but I'm not a rich man. Ameobi at 4.3 is a risk.

Up front Sergio naturally. I'm not sure about leaving Kane out but which of Giroud or Studge should make way. Not that I'm sold on Studge with fixtures, price tag and general ability to break down into tiny pieces at any given moment. He scores goals though. Free's cash up elsewhere though.

I'm fairly sure this won't be my final draft though :pac:

I really like that team. I'd probably leave sturridge for now and downgrade to a 8 million striker. Then on Tuesday you have the money for cazorla to sanchez if need be or if he isn't selected get sturridge.

iroced wrote: »
    Looks strong.

The main problem for me is you have already 3 transfers planned. So if unexpected things happen you could be in trouble. Your luck is the next GW is just a couple of days away so if you can bank your transfer you could go into the GW26 fortnight with 2 FT to play with.

About Haidara I don't know. I guess he's not and will be back on the bench if Dummett plays.

Yeah, I might just go for Wasi.

As for the other transfers I mentioned, none of them are "planned" per se, they're maybe better described as options over the next few weeks. I haven't really planned to far into the future with this, it's more about getting the best team for now and keeping an eye on GWs 27/28.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah, I might just go for Wasi.

As for the other transfers I mentioned, none of them are "planned" per se, they're maybe better described as options over the next few weeks. I haven't really planned to far into the future with this, it's more about getting the best team for now and keeping an eye on GWs 27/28.

Just to warn you about Wasi, Leicester signed Huth on loan for the rest of the season so his starting XI place is in jeopardy.

EDIT: Leicester also have a blank in GW27 so bear that in mind as well.

I really like that team. I'd probably leave sturridge for now and downgrade to a 8 million striker. Then on Tuesday you have the money for cazorla to sanchez if need be or if he isn't selected get sturridge.

That's not a bad idea at all. Hopefully I'll be decided this evening so I won't have to log in tomorrow morning and screw everything up like my last few wildcards :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Sticking this up again,appreciate any feedback,
    Have 9.4m left aside for two keepers,not sure about the whole Foster/Myhill combo given the 3 nil last GW.
    My def look like being
    GK GK
    Terry Zouma Wisdom PVA Targett.

Thanks for any other decent options to one mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That's not a bad idea at all. Hopefully I'll be decided this evening so I won't have to log in tomorrow morning and screw everything up like my last few wildcards :o

Good team, especially if your value is tight then cheap defence has to be the way to go.

No chance you can fit Alderweireld in for say Colo? A Southampton defender(s) will be in every serious team, risky not to have one IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FHFC wrote: »
    Good team, especially if your value is tight then cheap defence has to be the way to go.

No chance you can fit Alderweireld in for say Colo? A Southampton defender(s) will be in every serious team, risky not to have one IMO.

Was thinking the same until I transferres Bertrand out and brought Ivanovic in.

It is a different team altogether, but not having Saints defender is acceptable at this stage. Mr.P defence is as good as it could be with the money spent. I wouldn't go that way personally, but he has some strength upfront.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »

Yeah I'd be looking at him in a few weeks alright, he's not fit yet so if I go Zouma and Bellerin I need a few defenders practically guaranteed to start. I need to find a little more cash somewhere to hold back, whether it's the Studge fund or elsewhere.

Sticking this up again,appreciate any feedback,
    Have 9.4m left aside for two keepers,not sure about the whole Foster/Myhill combo given the 3 nil last GW.
    My def look like being
    GK GK
    Terry Zouma Wisdom PVA Targett.

Thanks for any other decent options to one mentioned above.

Well you have Wisdom so you've West Brom coverage set. I'd go for Panti and Krul tbh. Panti has proven to be very consistent since he's ousted Mannone from the starting team. Krul can feature when you don't fancy a Sunderland double up and also offers perfect rotation. I may add that this is my keeper combo so I'm slightly biased. :D

jebforever wrote: »
    Well you have Wisdom so you've West Brom coverage set. I'd go for Panti and Krul tbh. Panti has proven to be very consistent since he's ousted Mannone from the starting team. Krul can feature when you don't fancy a Sunderland double up and also offers perfect rotation. I may add that this is my keeper combo so I'm slightly biased. :D

What do you think of my defence...two Chelski might be overkill with the blank wk coming up but Zouma is a great price.....have had Terry a long time. Targett can be swopped out when his place comes under threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Why are people so confident Zouma will start ahead of Cahill?

What do you think of my defence...two Chelski might be overkill with the blank wk coming up but Zouma is a great price.....have had Terry a long time. Targett can be swopped out when his place comes under threat.

Terry, Wisdom and PVA are the solid picks. Zouma and Targett are the risky picks. With the blank coming up I'd just keep Terry as his place is a lot more secure (in fact he's 100% nailed on barring injury). I wouldn't have Targett in there as he'll more than likely lose his place in a few weeks when Bertrand is back so it's a precious transfer wasted to get rid of him. I'd look at Wollscheid who is only 4.5m. Stoke's fixtures are pretty favourable and he looks like he is nailed on.

I've committed to Sanchez and De Gea out of my squad and here's how I line up unless I make more changes which are still very possible :pac:

sTAAcrt.jpg?1

Could look very different yet

jebforever wrote: »
    Just to warn you about Wasi, Leicester signed Huth on loan for the rest of the season so his starting XI place is in jeopardy.

EDIT: Leicester also have a blank in GW27 so bear that in mind as well.

I mentioned this in the suspension thread but Huth is suspended this gameweek. He is gone for me after this week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've committed to Sanchez and De Gea out of my squad and here's how I line up unless I make more changes which are still very possible :pac:

sTAAcrt.jpg?1

Fook me Mr.P, either great minds think alike or we've been reading too much of the same forum. I've 14 of the same players as yourself (I went Alderweireld over Jones). You must have some cash in the bank too? I'm a balance to allow Silva -> Yaya whenever he's ready.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Fook me Mr.P, either great minds think alike or we've been reading too much of the same forum. I've 14 of the same players as yourself (I went Alderweireld over Jones). You must have some cash in the bank too? I'm a balance to allow Silva -> Yaya whenever he's ready.

No cash at all :o

I haven't paid attention to any prices rises all season and coming back to bite me now. I'd go with great minds anyway :)

Aaaaaaaaaah. Why have I left this to now to sort out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

337997.PNG

Roll Up! Roll Up! Advice and Criticisms are welcome!!

Goalkeepers, Sanchez conundrum & 3.9m in the bank, not entirely happy so I'd like to hear what people think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

[IMG][/img]9ZOofUr.png

Played my WC. Thoughts lad? Like to have a decent squad so I can make changes depending on fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Aaaaaaaaaah. Why have I left this to now to sort out?

Have a few drinks tonight, wake up at 10.21 tomorrow morning to make a few panic transfers. It always works out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just going to put this out there...Darron Gibson as a midfield cheapie benchwarmer until he's back fully; which should be in the next two matches...

After much messing this evening here's my squad,went with WBA keepers in end.
    Foster Myhill
    Terry Clyne Bellerin PVA Wasi
    ADM Hazard Silva Cazorla Amoebi
    Kane Giroud Aguero

Have money in bank to bring in Sturridge for Giroud,or Sanchez back in for ADM after a punt on him,
    My worry is my defenders don't rotate awful well,or are they ok?
    Will be playing 3:4:3 most weeks.

Appreciate any views positive or negative!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Any thoughts on this WC team?

Vrwzvs2l.png

Silva will be subbed for Sanchez next week assuming he is back. Gonna play 3-4-3 so Walters will be a benchwarmer. Bit of a punto Zouma/ Bellerin but with only 3 defenders, I reckon one of them will definitely get a good run, if not both.

Vrwzvs2l.png

Silva will be subbed for Sanchez next week assuming he is back. Gonna play 3-4-3 so Walters will be a benchwarmer. Bit of a punto Zouma/ Bellerin but with only 3 defenders, I reckon one of them will definitely get a good run, if not both.

Looks decent bar Walters as benchwarmer - there's at least 0.8m tied up in him that could be used elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Think I'm finalising on this; cheers for the advice previously lads!

...and yeah, I know there's some risks there but ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

sTAAcrt.jpg?1

I quite like it. A few gambles at the back with Zouma & Bellerin but it would just not look like you if there were no punts at all :P.

The only pb I'd have with your team is it'd be tough to get Sanchez back in. Kind of have to do a double Silva+ADM/Walcott -> Sanchez+... I guess Eriksen/Sterling would still be too dear... so Siggy when back running the Swansea show :D!

Dempsey wrote: »
    337997.PNG

Roll Up! Roll Up! Advice and Criticisms are welcome!!

Goalkeepers, Sanchez conundrum & 3.9m in the bank, not entirely happy so I'd like to hear what people think

Not sure Forster + Green is a great combo. Haven't looked at their rotation but sounds expensive to me anyway.
    Not sure about Austin either before his DGW.

I think with your £3.9m in the bank you could upgrade Austin to Sturridge if you free £1.2m elsewhere. Your GK pair is worth £9.7m. Unless you go for Krelliott you won't get the full £1.2m here. But you could downgrade Boyd to Lucas or Ameobi and save £0.2m and then go for Foster/Myhill worth £8.6m which would leave £0.1m in the bank.

You can sell Sanchez for £11m. He should be £11.2m tomorrow. Maybe £11.1m Sunday morning (I admit I'm stretching it here). Getting Cazorla or Walcott could be good at least for this GW. Only thing is you could be £0.1m short (if you go down my above road) to get Sanchez back in quicker than expected...
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]9ZOofUr.png

Played my WC. Thoughts lad? Like to have a decent squad so I can make changes depending on fixtures

5 cheapies in defense may turn into a selection nightmare each GW. Ditto for your big front 8 policy.
    I can see the appeal but after using that system for a few seasons I'm now a strong advocate of the 8th attacker bench fodder.
    After much messing this evening here's my squad,went with WBA keepers in end.
    Foster Myhill
    Terry Clyne Bellerin PVA Wasi
    ADM Hazard Silva Cazorla Amoebi
    Kane Giroud Aguero

Have money in bank to bring in Sturridge for Giroud,or Sanchez back in for ADM after a punt on him,
    My worry is my defenders don't rotate awful well,or are they ok?
    Will be playing 3:4:3 most weeks.

Appreciate any views positive or negative!;)

Team looks standard. I mean FSA standard which is not especially a bad thing :cool: :P...

I would not worry too much about the bad "rotation" of your defence. Terry & Clyne can score well anywhere. And anyway I think in a couple of GWs the rotation pattern will chnage.

Vrwzvs2l.png

Same comment than FrClintPower about Walters. If you're happy with your current team the extra £0.8-0.9m could be kept in bank in case Zouma and/or Bellerin lose their starting place or for upgrading Sterling or Eriksen if needs be.

How much you have in the bank? Like if you want to upgrade Giroud to Sturridge/Costa...
    smokingman wrote: »
    Think I'm finalising on this; cheers for the advice previously lads!

...and yeah, I know there's some risks there but ah well

Looks good.

Not sure about Demichelis. City ain't keeping many CS.

How much in the bank? Like if you wish to upgrade Giroud at some point...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Final (well maybe not)
    Panti, Krul
    Clichy, Jones, Zouma,PVA, Bellerin,
    Hazard, Silva, Santi, Sterling, Ameobi,
    Aguero, Sturridge, Kane
    Think I prefer Giroud to Sturridge and will have 3.2m in the bank

Advertisement