Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Wildcard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭smokingman

iroced wrote: »
    I quite like it. A few gambles at the back with Zouma & Bellerin but it would just not look like you if there were no punts at all :P.

The only pb I'd have with your team is it'd be tough to get Sanchez back in. Kind of have to do a double Silva+ADM/Walcott -> Sanchez+... I guess Eriksen/Sterling would still be too dear... so Siggy when back running the Swansea show :D!

Not sure Forster + Green is a great combo. Haven't looked at their rotation but sounds expensive to me anyway.
    Not sure about Austin either before his DGW.

I think with your £3.9m in the bank you could upgrade Austin to Sturridge if you free £1.2m elsewhere. Your GK pair is worth £9.7m. Unless you go for Krelliott you won't get the full £1.2m here. But you could downgrade Boyd to Lucas or Ameobi and save £0.2m and then go for Foster/Myhill worth £8.6m which would leave £0.1m in the bank.

You can sell Sanchez for £11m. He should be £11.2m tomorrow. Maybe £11.1m Sunday morning (I admit I'm stretching it here). Getting Cazorla or Walcott could be good at least for this GW. Only thing is you could be £0.1m short (if you go down my above road) to get Sanchez back in quicker than expected...

5 cheapies in defense may turn into a selection nightmare each GW. Ditto for your big front 8 policy.
    I can see the appeal but after using that system for a few seasons I'm now a strong advocate of the 8th attacker bench fodder.

Team looks standard. I mean FSA standard which is not especially a bad thing :cool: :P...

I would not worry too much about the bad "rotation" of your defence. Terry & Clyne can score well anywhere. And anyway I think in a couple of GWs the rotation pattern will chnage.

Same comment than FrClintPower about Walters. If you're happy with your current team the extra £0.8-0.9m could be kept in bank in case Zouma and/or Bellerin lose their starting place or for upgrading Sterling or Eriksen if needs be.

How much you have in the bank? Like if you want to upgrade Giroud to Sturridge/Costa...

Looks good.

Not sure about Demichelis. City ain't keeping many CS.

How much in the bank? Like if you wish to upgrade Giroud at some point...
    Y'know, it's people like you that make this forum bloody good to check out for fantasy tips. That's a lot of advice you've doled out there and thank you!
    I've 0.4 in the bank with that but was thinking I'll be keeping it for defence as a lot of the years I've been playing this game, I've always almost disregarded my back line but not this year. My worry with Demi is that he could get rotated come the champions league but while he doesn't get the bonus points or goals, he'll get any clean sheets they're likely to get and a cheap way into their defence. That's not been great of late but I can see it tightening up for the last end of the season. Also, with Gibson, I'm looking at season ending players that I won't need to change up that much and as a toffee fan, I can see him as a pretty big bargain for that. Ah sure we'll all find out tomorrow if we have immediate regrets but there's a long game yet to play...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

smokingman wrote: »
    Y'know, it's people like you that make this forum bloody good to check out for fantasy tips. That's a lot of advice you've doled out there and thank you!
    I've 0.4 in the bank with that but was thinking I'll be keeping it for defence as a lot of the years I've been playing this game, I've always almost disregarded my back line but not this year. My worry with Demi is that he could get rotated come the champions league but while he doesn't get the bonus points or goals, he'll get any clean sheets they're likely to get and a cheap way into their defence. That's not been great of late but I can see it tightening up for the last end of the season. Also, with Gibson, I'm looking at season ending players that I won't need to change up that much and as a toffee fan, I can see him as a pretty big bargain for that. Ah sure we'll all find out tomorrow if we have immediate regrets but there's a long game yet to play...

Mangala is fit and was preferred to Demi earlier in the season.

Wouldn't touch City defence personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

FHFC wrote: »
    Mangala is fit and was preferred to Demi earlier in the season.

Wouldn't touch City defence personally.

I second this. I got burnt badly by city defenders before Christmas and I vowed never again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

smokingman wrote: »

Thanks for the kind words ;). I had a wonderful season last year. I'd never have reached it without this forum. So if I can help others in return I'd be very happy to do so :cool:.

£0.4m in the bank. Hmmm... So even if you downgrade Demi you'll still be far off Giroud -> Sturridge for example. Gibson for £4.2m is certainly not a crazy idea. And it's neither a bad one to spend a bit more at the back. You could always downgrade a midfielder if you want to upgrade Giroud.

The thing is, to be honest, I'd rather have a Saints or even a United/Pool def than a City one but well if you feel like it anyhow it's nice to see something different ;). After all every Saturday/Sunday Ziegler comes up with a link towards a top 1k team with what many of us would call crazy picks. And let's face it you can't be in top 1k after 23 GWs only with crazy decisions & luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looks decent bar Walters as benchwarmer - there's at least 0.8m tied up in him that could be used elsewhere.

In the long run I agree with that but Walters for gw 27 is very useful home to Hull on paper better than the rest of the cheapies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Thoughts on the team below? I haven't had a whole load of time to look at it this week.

38e3f585fc179f9dd1cc159d08b37ddf.png

Few risks in defence I know but I'll risk it. Moses is mostly there for this weekend if Sanchez doesn't play and for gw 27 when he has a good fixture. I want a little in the bank so that if I see Cazorla isn't starting Tuesday night when we see the teams before the deadline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My draft at wildcard is

Kruel pantillion
    Hutton zouma wasil wisdom Moreno
    Cazorla Erikson hazard Henderson Boyd
    Rvp aguero Kane
    .5 in the bank. Would any of Ye change any of that? My thinking is too swap RVP too costa when he returns

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

MrMac84 wrote: »
    My draft at wildcard is

Kruel pantillion
    Hutton zouma

A bit light in midfielder and attack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Pantilimon

Clyne--Zouma--van Aanholt
    Sánchez--Fàbregas--Walters--Eriksen--Silva
    Agüero--Austin

Myhill, Kane, O'Shea, Bellerín

Zip in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I banged together a wildcard team in about five minutes last night, despite having a really good year so far I haven't been following the forums and sites as much as the previous two years, haven't had the time recently.
    I chickened out on Zouma, I reckon he's only one small mistake away from a return to bench warming. Cahill is a far better player when on form IMO. Stuck with Ivan as I had a bit of change and didn't want to go without Chelsea defence, Ivan is always the one most likely to haul in the huge score IMO, will downgrade in a few weeks or whenever I need the cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Well lads,my WC team on previous pg half way down,have quick look at it,all comments welcomed about the defence esp;)

PARlance wrote: »
    A bit light in midfielder and attack :)

Ninja edit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Panthro wrote: »

Pantilimon

Clyne--Zouma--van Aanholt
    Sánchez--Fàbregas--Walters--Eriksen--Silva
    Agüero--Austin

Myhill, Kane, O'Shea, Bellerín

Zip in the bank.

Benching the on form Kane vs Chelsea cost people a heap of points. Not sure it's the best idea to leave an in form player on the bench. He'll be fired up for this Derby!

**I'm a biased Spurs fan**

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Benching the on form Kane vs Chelsea cost people a heap of points. Not sure it's the best idea to leave an in form player on the bench. He'll be fired up for this Derby!

Agreed. Walters ahead of him is borderline insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

T-b0n3 wrote: »

I didn't even spot that...:o:o

(Slaps myself in the face to wake myself up!)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ninja edit!

Looking better.

I would probably swap Henerson & RVP for Sterling & Falcao. Not sure if that leaves you enough to do Falcao to Costa though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

338050.PNG

Thoughts on this team. Feel naked without Southampton defensive cover! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Gone for a relatively punty wildcard. Its always a big risk planning 3 transfers ahead but I plan to get Sturridge in for Remy next GW and then 2 GWs later bring Sanchez and alderweireld in for kompamy and tadic. 5.7m itb.

Foster Myhill

Terry Kompany Haidara Bellerin PVA

Hazard Silva Cazorla Tadic Ameobi

Aguero Remy Kane

Am I trying to be too cute taking the punt on Remy? Should I just go for sturridge straight of the bat? I really do fancy Remy against villa and I will know before the next deadline if Sturridge is starting against spurs.

There's probably better alternatives than tadic considering money isn't an issue but its only for 3 GWs and I fancy him over those fixtures.

Feedback as always most welcome!

Dempsey wrote: »
    338050.PNG

Thoughts on this team. Feel naked without Southampton defensive cover! :pac:

2 arsenal defense is probably overkill. Wasilewski could lose his place with Huth there now (not entirely sure who'll drop out). On a wildcard it's probably worth getting rid of Sanchez even if you've cash tied up. Cazorla a good alternative while he's out. Wouldn't go for puncheon myself as palace have a lot of attacking options but that's probably just personal preference. Boyd out for ameobi could save you a little bit of cash. Nice team overall though.

PARlance wrote: »
    Looking better.

I would probably swap Henerson & RVP for Sterling & Falcao. Not sure if that leaves you enough to do Falcao to Costa though.

No it wouldn't and I don't want too take a hit too get him in

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »
    2 arsenal defense is probably overkill. Wasilewski could lose his place with Huth there now (not entirely sure who'll drop out). On a wildcard it's probably worth getting rid of Sanchez even if you've cash tied up. Cazorla a good alternative while he's out. Wouldn't go for puncheon myself as palace have a lot of attacking options but that's probably just personal preference. Boyd out for ameobi could save you a little bit of cash. Nice team overall though.

He's been playing great since coming in and even scored I can't see him been dropped immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I fancy Arsenal to start keeping clean sheets tbh and if I get rid of Sanchez, it will take several weeks to get him back

Could go

Ospina > Foster

Puncheon > Sterling

Sanchez > Cazorla

I'd prefer Walcott to Cazorla if I'm going to go that way...

So Boyd would have to go Ameobi (is he even a regular starter?) and I'd have nothing in the bank....

Decisions....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oh what's that, the deadline is just over 30 minutes away? Wouldn't it be a shame if I logged in now and did a bit of tinkering? :pac:

*must resist*

Or alternatively would Coloccini and somebody be better than Zouma and Bellerin? I just know it'll become obvious within hours as to whether they're viable or not and I fear they might not be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

iroced wrote: »

z6Xk525l.png

Same comment than FrClintPower about Walters. If you're happy with your current team the extra £0.8-0.9m could be kept in bank in case Zouma and/or Bellerin lose their starting place or for upgrading Sterling or Eriksen if needs be.

How much you have in the bank? Like if you want to upgrade Giroud to Sturridge/Costa...

Cheers, thanks for the advice. I switched Walters for Ameobi as I think Newcastle could have a nice run and he tends to play and make things happen. That leaves me with 3 million in the bank so I can easily get Sanchez back in for Silva and still have money left over to bolster my defence if needed. Now I just have to resist tinkering in the next half hour! Here is my squad now:

m8gSjEtl.png

Oh what's that, the deadline is just over 30 minutes away? Wouldn't it be a shame if I logged in now and did a bit of tinkering? :pac:

*must resist*

Or alternatively would Coloccini and somebody be better than Zouma and Bellerin? I just know it'll become obvious within hours as to whether they're viable or not and I fear they might not be.
    I'm gambling on zouma aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

naughton 4.3 moved to swansea and started the last gw could be a good shout for somebody on wildcard. Swansea have 9 cs and some decent fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

I am a bit lost with my WC. Timing is bad.

Forster Jaku
    Zouma Jones Bellerin PvA Wisdom
    Sanchez Hazard Eriksen Silva Cazorla
    Aguero Kane Austin
    £1.3m in the bank

I'd like to keep some cash for Austin -> Sturridge.

Can't do it right now unless I sell Sanchez which I'm reluctant to. Just got Cazorla in during WC. Should I sell him and cash in my £0.1m profit and get Sturridge in now?

Plan for GK is either Foster/Myhill or Panti/Mannone. I guess I could sell Wisdom and go with the former?

Opinions?

naughton 4.3 moved to swansea and started the last gw could be a good shout for somebody on wildcard. Swansea have 9 cs and some decent fixtures.

I thought about him and subsequently forgot about him again. I'd worry about Rangel though, he's in my draft team and has been in and out of the team and even came on for Naughton late last week.

Gone for a relatively punty wildcard. Its always a big risk planning 3 transfers ahead but I plan to get Sturridge in for Remy next GW and then 2 GWs later bring Sanchez and alderweireld in for kompamy and tadic. 5.7m itb.

Foster Myhill

Terry Kompany Haidara Bellerin PVA

Hazard Silva Cazorla Tadic Ameobi

Aguero Remy Kane

Am I trying to be too cute taking the punt on Remy? Should I just go for sturridge straight of the bat? I really do fancy Remy against villa and I will know before the next deadline if Sturridge is starting against spurs.

There's probably better alternatives than tadic considering money isn't an issue but its only for 3 GWs and I fancy him over those fixtures.

Feedback as always most welcome!

Anyone have any quick thoughts before the deadline? I feel unloved.

• Advertisement

I can't trust Zouma to start and he's missing in 3 GWs anyway so good old Coloccini comes in. Yes I'm chickening out probably

Advertisement