Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Wildcard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

1st draft wouldn't mind some clues towards rotation etc.
    Ospina, Hamer
    Clichy, Jones, Zouma,PVA, Bellerin,
    Hazard, Silva, Santi, Carroll, Sterling,
    Aguero, Sturridge, Kane
    0.5m in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

El festino wrote: »
    Personally thought it was very bad challenge. Be surprised if overturned but let's see.

Hoping more than anything it's overturned, as had planned on keeping him until Toby was fit to downgrade

when I seen it first in real time I didn't think it was a free kick, but trailing leg caught the Swansea man

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

shineon23 wrote: »
    Hoping more than anything it's overturned, as had planned on keeping him until Toby was fit to downgrade

when I seen it first in real time I didn't think it was a free kick, but trailing leg caught the Swansea man

Already been confirmed Saints not appealing. He will miss next three.

FHFC wrote: »
    Already been confirmed Saints not appealing. He will miss next three.

Balls! Targett or Clyne straight in so

Between that and Baird all but dropped I've ruined my defence in the WC

Bertrand's move now permanent so can play against Chelsea in March, I'd bench him anyway if I had him that week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Am I mad not having Sanchez and Costa in my wildcard team?

Thinking Cazorla and Van Persie instead?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

MrMac84 wrote: »

Why would anyone have Costa in their Wildcard team? He is missing 3 of the next 4 gameweeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

You are mad thinking of getting him. He is just not worth his price! Better options elsewhere. I know I took a one week punt on him last week v Leicester, but he was never going to stay long term.

In truth, RVP has been very poor this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

patmac wrote: »
    Ospina, Hamer
    Aguero, Sturridge, Kane
    0.5m in the bank

Solid team and again has all the players I have been considering. Clichy has been in my team for some weeks now and I have made some ££ on him, with Hull coming up the weekend I haven't moved him on yet as I'm thinking that's a straightforward clean sheet.

However and I have been burnt before on this, Kolarov tends to play against the weaker teams.

I have been looking at Kompany as he is nailed on - looks like you would be £0.1 short for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ospina, Hamer
    Aguero, Sturridge, Kane
    0.5m in the bank
    Sooner rather than later you're gonna get stuck with a week with no GK though.

CSF wrote: »
    Sooner rather than later you're gonna get stuck with a week with no GK though.
    Can bring in Krul, was thinking Oscar for Sterling as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Solid team and again has all the players I have been considering. Clichy has been in my team for some weeks now and I have made some ££ on him, with Hull coming up the weekend I haven't moved him on yet as I'm thinking that's a straightforward clean sheet.

However and I have been burnt before on this, Kolarov tends to play against the weaker teams.

I have been looking at Kompany as he is nailed on - looks like you would be £0.1 short for him!

Kolarov hasn't featured for 2 games, I'd be worried about Clichy being rested. He's normally rested for easy home games. He was last rested home to CRY and BUR. If I already owned him I mightn't sell him, but i definitely wouldn't be getting him in for this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Chesty08 wrote: »
    You are mad thinking of getting him. He is just not worth his price! Better options elsewhere. I know I took a one week punt on him last week v Leicester, but he was never going to stay long term.

In truth, RVP has been very poor this season.
    I'm only looking at him so I don't have too change half my time or take a hit too get costa back

Kolarov hasn't featured for 2 games, I'd be worried about Clichy being rested. He's normally rested for easy home games. He was last rested home to CRY and BUR. If I already owned him I mightn't sell him, but i definitely wouldn't be getting him in for this game.
    Could play him and bring in a sub if he doesn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm only looking at him so I don't have too change half my time or take a hit too get costa back

If you really want to keep the cash for getting Costa back, maybe take a punt on Sturridge then. He's back. He already scored. Granted he'll only be a sub this week-end but proved he can score anyway in the last one and despite his tough fixtures as we generally say form > fixtures.
    Ospina, Hamer
    Aguero, Sturridge, Kane
    0.5m in the bank

As CSF said I would not be happy with your GK. Granted you can get Krul in at some point as you mentioned but that'd be a transfer you'll have to make. Also 2 Arsenal defensive cover sounds overkill? I know they're on a great run but you could get Panti who's been the best GK since he started playing!

I think you're taking a big risk with both Zouma and Clichy. Is Cahill that much out of form for Mourinho to drop him completely? Zouma is young, coming from Saint-Etienne. He has no experience of that level. It looks to me that Mourinho wanted to send a message to Cahill lately like "hey you see the rookie, he's good huh?! so if you don't pull out the finger you'll stay on the bench".

And Clichy. Well not only he's not guaranteed to play all games but City have not been great defensively. I'd rather have a Saints def (assuming it was just a one off at the week-end) or a cheapie that rotates well with PvA.

Here's a link towards an article dealing with 3-way rotations => http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/01/30/best-defensive-three-way-rotations/. There's another one (popular around here a few weeks ago) but I don't have the link here (not on my laptop). Maybe someone can post it for you ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

menoscemo wrote: »
    Why would anyone have Costa in their Wildcard team? He is missing 3 of the next 4 gameweeks....
    And he's also on 8 yellows! Will definitely be suspended at least once more before the season is out. It'll be a two game suspension when he gets the 10 yellows!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

AdMMM wrote: »
    And he's also on 8 yellows! Will definitely be suspended at least once more before the season is out. It'll be a two game suspension when he gets the 10 yellows!

I think there is a cut off point for those 10 yellows in april

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Right, ready to Wildcard.

GK
    Foster Myhill
    Half thinking of getting a rotating pair. There's 2 games I'd play Krul over the next 10, 3 I'd play Panti so don't think it's worth it. Would completely wipe out the bank)

DEF
    Zouma Bellerin Alderweirled PVA Yun
    It's cheap, it's risky, 2 might be dropped next week, but it's the risk I'm willing to take. Happy to bring in Hutton/Woolschield/Dumet if needed

MID
    Hazard Sanchez Di Maria Silva Lucas
    Have the cash in the bank to go Silva-> Yaya when he's back.
    Went for Lucas as bench fodder over others as he's more likely to get 3pters over 2pters for Cork/Ameobi

FOR
    Aguero Giroud Kane
    Kane and Aguero ain't going anywhere
    Gird got the nod for fixtures. Plan would be to upgrade him to Sturridge in 4 weeks by downgrading ADM to Mane/Downing/flavour of the month

Feedback s always welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yep, the second Sunday in April so the last gameweek would be GW32.
    The FA wrote:
    A Premier League player earning their fifth caution of the season on or after 1st January would not earn any ban. However, if they received ten cautions by the second Sunday in April, a ban would apply.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Yeah. Second Sunday in April (i.e. 12th of April) ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Right, ready to Wildcard.

GK
    Foster Myhill
    Half thinking of getting a rotating pair. There's 2 games I'd play Krul over the next 10, 3 I'd play Panti so don't think it's worth it. Would completely wipe out the bank)

DEF
    Zouma Bellerin Alderweirled PVA Yun
    It's cheap, it's risky, 2 might be dropped next week, but it's the risk I'm willing to take. Happy to bring in Hutton/Woolschield/Dumet if needed

MID
    Hazard Sanchez Di Maria Silva Lucas
    Have the cash in the bank to go Silva-> Yaya when he's back.
    Went for Lucas as bench fodder over others as he's more likely to get 3pters over 2pters for Cork/Ameobi

FOR
    Aguero Giroud Kane
    Kane and Aguero ain't going anywhere
    Gird got the nod for fixtures. Plan would be to upgrade him to Sturridge in 4 weeks by downgrading ADM to Mane/Downing/flavour of the month

Feedback s always welcome.

Upgrade yun if you have any money, he will get you basically nothing and you may be forced to rely on him if other players are dropped

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help, 2nd draft
    Courtois, Krul
    Hazard, Silva, Santi, Walters, Sterling,
    Aguero, Giroud, Kane
    1.0m in the bank. Thinking about Panti, Krul as they rotate well, or Courtois, Hamer and play Courtois all the time.

Thanks for all the help, 2nd draft
    Courtois, Krul
    Hazard, Silva, Santi, Walters, Sterling,
    Aguero, Giroud, Kane
    1.0m in the bank. Thinking about Panti, Krul as they rotate well, or Courtois, Hamer and play Courtois all the time.

Schwarzer started ahead of Hamer last weekend, and Kasper should be back soon

I doubled up on Newcastle GK's as thought Kasper would be fit soon, and didnt want to risk the extra .1, Leicester not playing gw 27 either,

Plan on getting Courtois after this myself if Zouma isn't still knocking about.

Looks a good balance otherwise. maybe consider F Forster in goals, instead of Doubling up on Chelsea, if you end up thinking Coutois

Torn between the following:
    Hazard - Sanchez - Sterling - Eriksen - (Boyd)
    Aguero - Austin - Giroud

Or

Hazard - Sanchez - Sterling - Eriksen - Oscar
    Aguero - Austin - Kane

Option 2 doesn't have a stand out benchwarmer, so i'm leaning towards option 1. It also leaves me with 1m ITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

its-always-sunny-charlie-wildcard-b.gif

I'm finally sitting down to thrash out my WC and thought I may as well throw out my traditional gif for starters :)

One thing I've noticed is that Hull have ridiculously good fixtures and was considering a defender, or is it total madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

I'm finally sitting down to thrash out my WC and thought I may as well throw out my traditional gif for starters 

One thing I've noticed is that Hull have ridiculously good fixtures and was considering a defender, or is it total madness?

hull. good fixtures? ? There terrible at the moment. lots of injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Starting to finalise WC side...with 9.4m in bank for 2 keepers who would people suggest?
    Going on current form Foster looks like one anyway(apart from last GW)
    Defenders look like being
    Terry,Zouma,Wisdom,PVA,Targett.

Thanks for any suggestions.

People think Zouma will hold his place until the blank GW 27?

Have him, Bellerin and Targett (short term). Hoping they all get 60-90 mins in the next few weeks. Is it worth the risk?

Clichy and Jones are other defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

shineon23 wrote: »
    People think Zouma will hold his place until the blank GW 27?

Have him, Bellerin and Targett (short term). Hoping they all get 60-90 mins in the next few weeks. Is it worth the risk?

Clichy and Jones are other defenders.

Theres a lot of uncertainty in that defence, id almost say theres a chance all five could miss out in a single week, although a very small chance

Bellerin, should play the majority of games, but will likely be rotated/rested, I think, especially in the bigger games, I would count Spurs this weekend as a bigger game. One very bad game could cost him his place for a lot of gameweeks

Targett- should play 2 from the next 3, possibly missing out on Liverpool, where a more experienced cb plays lb

Zouma- should continue to hold his place, although a bad game or a sudden change of mind in Mourinho could means no more starts for the rest of the season

Clichy- Always a risk of being rested/rotated, especially versus the weaker teams. Will likely miss at least one of the next 3 matches

Jones- probably the most certain to hold his place, but the least likely to keep clean sheets. Will possibly be rested once in the next three.

Not claiming to be certain on any of these, purely opinion, but considered all of them myself and thats pretty much the thought process I went through.

Theres a lot of uncertainty in that defence, id almost say theres a chance all five could miss out in a single week, although a very small chance

Bellerin, should play the majority of games, but will likely be rotated/rested, I think, especially in the bigger games, I would count Spurs this weekend as a bigger game. One very bad game could cost him his place for a lot of gameweeks

Targett- should play 2 from the next 3, possibly missing out on Liverpool, where a more experienced cb plays lb

Zouma- should continue to hold his place, although a bad game or a sudden change of mind in Mourinho could means no more starts for the rest of the season

Clichy- Always a risk of being rested/rotated, especially versus the weaker teams. Will likely miss at least one of the next 3 matches

Jones- probably the most certain to hold his place, but the least likely to keep clean sheets. Will possibly be rested once in the next three.

Not claiming to be certain on any of these, purely opinion, but considered all of them myself and thats pretty much the thought process I went through.

That's my lines of thinking as well.

My hand was forced doing Bertrand to Targett.
    I think he should play against Liverpool, given he played 90 against Chelsea when Bertrand couldn't play.

Had planned on Bertrand to Alderweirld when he was fit so I've had to do Bertrand to Targett to Alderweirld.

Realistically I'd be happy if 2 from Bellerin/Zouma/Clichy start next few GWs I'd be happy.

Then plan on downgrading Zouma (to Bruce or PVA)

and upgrading Krul or Woodman to Courtois (or Forster if Zouma holds on a while), it does feel like I'm wasting a lot of transfers on defence though.

Rest of my team is;

JWP, Hazard, Silva, Di Maria, Sanchez (holding him while injured)

Kane, Aguero, Giroud.

GW 28:

plan is Costa and cheap MF in

Giroud and Di Maria/Silva out (depending on form)

Any thoughts on the rest of the team? Or different transfers to make?

A lot of uncertainty,
    I think I was a lot happier and saner before this Wildcard came along ha

So Future Transfers:
    1. Targett to Alderweirld (when fit)

2. Zouma to 3.9/3.8 defender

3/4/5.
    2 transfers to get Costa back in GW 28

Krul or Woodman to Courtois/Forster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The opposite should be true here. I expect Bellerin to start the big games and Chambers to get a run out in the cup games/easier league games. Unlike Chambers, Bellerin is a natural RB and has cemented in his place imo with his performances in the last few games.

Advertisement