Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin weather!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

We played a 15 hole scramble as it was our Captains Drive In on Sunday. A couple of short sharp showers but overall a good day compared to others recently. We hope to start our 18 hole competitions next weekend.

Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Fad up of rainy, snowy and cloudy days. Want sunshine now with blossom season. Probably, I want to welcome spring in Japan but I don't think it is possible due to coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,749 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

it's a cracker out there , a sign of an early spring in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

it's a cracker out there , a sign of an early spring in the air.

Yes, first sign of spring, think we might be over the worst of it.

Sub paid for the year also :pac:

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yes, first sign of spring, think we might be over the worst of it.

Ah here...don't be going and jixing us by saying that! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Been trying to get back playing since new years eve. Every bloody day I can go the weather is shocking. Hopefully this weekend will make for a nice opportunity to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

etxp wrote: »
    Been trying to get back playing since new years eve. Every bloody day I can go the weather is shocking. Hopefully this weekend will make for a nice opportunity to play.

Finally hit a ball yesterday, but only at the range :( was hitting it well considering I hadn't swung a club in 2+ months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Played 18 this morning in glorious sunshine. I wonder why I ever play in the rain. Need to move to Spain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Its great to see the evening getting longer as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We get the evening hour next weekend too!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Played 18 this morning in glorious sunshine. I wonder why I ever play in the rain. Need to move to Spain :)

Must have tee off nice and early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Must have tee off nice and early.

7.20,was around in 2hrs 20. My idea of bliss.

7.20,was around in 2hrs 20. My idea of bliss.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

And you won't struggle to get a tee time over there at the moment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Its all very infuriating. After the appalling winter that we've had, we're now having a really run of things, but can't get out to play really with all the restrictions in place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Its all very infuriating. After the appalling winter that we've had, we're now having a really run of things, but can't get out to play really with all the restrictions in place

But we can get out!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

gypsy79 wrote: »
    But we can get out!!

Don't assume everyone is a healthy 25 year old unimpacted.

Folks laid off will be hesitant on subs or green fees, those of a certain elder age are self isolating, those of student age are self isolating, plenty of us working all hours as certain sectors are flat out and then there are the at-risk through underlying health....or those sacrificing their round of golf to avoid social interaction

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

slave1 wrote: »
    Don't assume everyone is a healthy 25 year old unimpacted.

Folks laid off will be hesitant on subs or green fees, those of a certain elder age are self isolating, those of student age are self isolating, plenty of us working all hours as certain sectors are flat out and then there are the at-risk through underlying health....or those sacrificing their round of golf to avoid social interaction

I am 100% in the group that is working flat out!! Thankfully.

Also in a higher risk category but i have been enjoying the mental health benefits of weekend relese

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I'm hoping that the courses will be pristine by the time we get beech to regular playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'm hoping that the courses will be pristine by the time we get beech to regular playing!

How much maintenance will they be allowed to do on them over the next couple of months? I'd be concerned they'll be a while getting them back to the standard they're currently at after all of this.

• Advertisement

So it's been bone dry for weeks now... That's annoying!

So it's been bone dry for weeks now... That's annoying!

Perfect golf weather for me. Dry, sunny, no wind and a bit cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Me too, would take this weather any day over 25 degrees.

Sorry, thats what I meant.
    After a month of being underwater its now perfect weather and we are locked out.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Sorry, thats what I meant.
    After a month of being underwater its now perfect weather and we are locked out.:mad:

It’s Murphy’s law that they best weather of the course war would come by when we are on lockdown. Hopefully we can get back out on the course again soon but I would reckon it will be June before that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4708294eae860b4f1a4cc1c380ac479ea800ef37a2&rid=giphy.gif

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4708294eae860b4f1a4cc1c380ac479ea800ef37a2&rid=giphy.gif

Today's a tough one. Think I've played a full round, in my head, at my home track today already.

Today's a tough one. Think I've played a full round, in my head, at my home track today already.

My course is putting (har har) videos on YouTube to show us how the course is doing... Beautifully striped fairways and great run on the ball...:(

My course is putting (har har) videos on YouTube to show us how the course is doing... Beautifully striped fairways and great run on the ball...:(

It's like they're teasing us 😆😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

What an evening to be heading out for 9 holes afterwork:(:(

Advertisement