Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin weather!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yup, more perfect golf weather to look out at longingly. Gonna try head into a local field with a matt and a bunch of balls, and hope no one kicks me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im going to hide in the shed becuase the wife keeps finding me jobs to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Glebee wrote: »
    Im going to hide in the shed becuase the wife keeps finding me jobs to do...

I'd love some more things to do around the house, I've done them all and if I could get the gear if the suppliers were open I'd do a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,159 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Just looking at the monthly weather data from Met Eireann here; you can pick your nearest weather station from the map and get the data.

The Phoenix park station recorded 2.6mm of rain so far in May, 13.6mm in April and 30.7mm in March. That's a total of less than two inches of rain in almost three months. :eek:

Ah here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah here...

Rain?

Fair amount overnight, but it's only light now. Not out till 3pm, so it'll probably dry up.

Don't care either way, playing golf today!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Couldn't see down first at my club in Galway. Cleared a little before descending again. Probably be like that all day. Tis a shame but the golf course does need a few days of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

and a big storm coming on friday....ffs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

and a big storm coming on friday....ffs :mad:

Forecast Friday is brutal bad alright. Its to clear off quickly though I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yea got a bit wet earlier on, thankfully it blew off quick enough and although it burst through a couple of times, it was light and didn't last

Glad i took my name of the timesheet for today. Rough as hell out there in Offaly.

Kiith wrote: »
    Glad i took my name of the timesheet for today. Rough as hell out there in Offaly.
    Rain badly needed though. Our fairways were starting to look a bit brown in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Playing today at 5. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Was out at 7.30 am and the wind was strong enough and getting worse.

Defo need a drop of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

played a 7:30 myself and nearly got blown off the course, savage wind, rained going up one hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Seve OB wrote: »
    played a 7:30 myself and nearly got blown off the course, savage wind, rained going up one hole.

:eek:

Seve OB wrote: »
    Well that will teach you to wear shorts. :D

Feckin weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Was up early this morning and ready to tee off in the p1ssing rain. Course closed for the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Course was closed yesterday until 1pm so open comp cancelled. I'm actually really annoyed because I still went ahead with my 4pm tee time(casual only) and the course was perfect, I've played competitions with it in much worse conditions. Time running out to try get my handicap down this year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just a little stat that I saw on Twitter from Slieve Russell, they had (and this was before all the rain fell) at one stage 22.4litres of water fall for every m2 of ground yesterday

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Just a little stat that I saw on Twitter from Slieve Russell, they had (and this was before all the rain fell) at one stage 22.4litres of water fall for every m2 of ground yesterday
    Almost an inch of rain in other words. :)

That's almost .00005 Pacific Oceans! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

First day of me Crimbo holidays, immensely looking forward to a round this afternoon. Course closed for the day due to flooding:(

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Mine too. Until Wednesday at earliest.

Feels warranted to bump this, at least down in Kerry. Feckin weather! Won't stop raining, and i'm desperate for a round.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

In fairness the last few days have been nice in Kildare but it's still quite cold and windy. Lot of rain during the week too. Got out yesterday but the track was very wet once you got off the fairways.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭plumber77

Yes indeed here in North Kerry it's absolutely saturated and this week not looking great either. Not a member of a links either so no getting out now. Wind is just as bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

I think this thread needs a bump.

I haven’t known a golf season like it. Preferred lies on the August weekend. Didn’t get summer rules until into May. And it’s not a ‘wet’ course it’s had sanding/drainage done very recently.

maybe 2024 will be better

Advertisement