Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin weather!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I know it's only Tuesday but I've just looked at the long range forecast for the weekend in the midlands and it's not great. Lot's of heavy rain due.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Storm Dennis will most likely wash out golf on Saturday an strong winds on Sunday
    Chances of playing any meaningful golf this weekend are slim

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Christ theres no sign of this weather getting any better. Still I suppose it is only Feburary. Looking forward to the long warm eveings when we are complaining that its too warm:D

Yeah looks very bad in the midlands again. Whole weekend could be a washout. There's just nowhere left for the rain to go, ground is saturated.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,073 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Great drying in Dublin today, lots of wind, sun is out all day and temps ~11C

However the long range forecast is for *snow* next weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

think the 'snow' is getting to you Greebo

GreeBo wrote: »
    Great drying in Dublin today, lots of wind, sun is out all day and temps ~11C

However the long range forecast is for *snow* next weekend!

I should have kept my mouth shut, sideways rain for the last 2 hours :(

dennyire wrote: »

Be careful you'll be reported for 'personal abuse'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

iv been reported already for personal abuse to this poster

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

iv been reported already for personal abuse to this poster

Please don’t post in this thread again if this is your contribution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Knew I should of joined ye in portmarnock yesterday.... Woke at 6.30 to get ready and sat into cat only to get email saying course closed for the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Get ready for more of it, as there's a metric **** ton of rain due tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Kiith wrote: »
    Get ready for more of it, as there's a metric **** ton of rain due tonight.
    If only there was a way of combining my 2 favourite past times.... Golf and bog snorkling.. Not really into bog snorkeling but if it gets me onto a course then it's worth it.

Always a possibility.

worlds-first-underwater-golf-tournament.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Some stats from my home course (Galway GC):

As of Feb 20th, 162mm of rain has fallen. For the full month of Feb 2019 we had 84mm of rain, Feb 2018 76mm rain & Feb 2017 94mm rain.

162mm rainfall = 162 litres per square metre = 79 million litres over the entire golf course = 17 million gallons.

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Some stats from my home course (Galway GC):

As of Feb 20th, 162mm of rain has fallen. For the full month of Feb 2019 we had 84mm of rain, Feb 2018 76mm rain & Feb 2017 94mm rain.

162mm rainfall = 162 litres per square metre = 79 million litres over the entire golf course = 17 million gallons.
    Hopefully in 6 months time we will be crying out for some wet stuff!
    86721791_1292909450908057_3054616311834345472_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=hFD7gkUGJgIAX84uRQM&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=ad4fcfdfd17d51c118f208a8f6f9051e&oe=5EEE7902

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

86721791_1292909450908057_3054616311834345472_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=hFD7gkUGJgIAX84uRQM&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=ad4fcfdfd17d51c118f208a8f6f9051e&oe=5EEE7902
    The perfect summer is a bit of rain at night followed by sunshine all day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Course closed 2 full w/ends in a row, I can never remember that happening before.

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Course closed 2 full w/ends in a row, I can never remember that happening before.

And it just snowed so dont expect it to change anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Our renewals are out also. Wouldn't be too enticed to be signing up anytime soon.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Our renewals are out also. Wouldn't be too enticed to be signing up anytime soon.

Would anyone seriously hold off paying their annual subs because of a couple of wet weeks? Really? Any thoughts for your clubs cashflow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Yeah great idea. Maybe if a few others did the same then it would really help clubs who are struggling with cashflow as a results of so many weather closures over the last few months.

Would anyone seriously hold off paying their annual subs because of a couple of wet weeks? Really? Any thoughts for your clubs cashflow?

To be fair, he said "enticed to sign up any time soon" which to mean means attracting new members, not existing members paying their subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

To be fair, he said "enticed to sign up any time soon" which to mean means attracting new members, not existing members paying their subs.

No I'm an existing member. In two minds about signing up for the year as i'll have limited golf due to personal circumstances and debating whether €1200+ is worth it when I might only get out twice a month. The current weather isn't helping, our course has been closed 3 weekends running.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

No I'm an existing member. In two minds about signing up for the year as i'll have limited golf due to personal circumstances and debating whether €1200+ is worth it when I might only get out twice a month. The current weather isn't helping, our course has been closed 3 weekends running.

Oh, in that case then Booooooo! :mad:

If you are a member then you are a member, its not a casual relationship.
    This is the problem with lack of join fees, people dont buy in anymore.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭benny79

Not been funny mate but most clubs have been closed the last 3 weeks. Opened during the week maybe but we have had storms etc not really anything the club can do..

But if your not going to get valve for money due to personnel circumstances well thats a different matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Finally a full day of sunshine at my course.... back to the rain tomorrow though :mad:

https://twitter.com/WicklowGolfClub/status/1233058369990254593?s=20

I'm hoping the heavy stuff holds off till tomorrow evening, and i'll try get out for a few holes at around 4pm.

Pretty much no chance for the weekend, from the sounds of whatever the hell this storm is called.

Anyone else suffer any wind damage over the weekend?

We lost 1 huge, iconic tree on Saturday night/Sunday morning :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Walked in after 12 when the snow shower got to bad an ww couldn't see in front of our frozen faces. The last month has been a right off for golf.

Advertisement