Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Small update again today.Will see if WiFi improves

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I got so annoyed with getting 6 hours battery life that I decided to take the time to uninstall every app I never used and since doing that I get 20 hours

Obviously one of them was killing the battery

Also set all apps to be optimised except for the few I use all the time

I'm going to have to do the same.Battery is brutal the last few weeks. Data is also getting used up very quickly compared to what normally is used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

New update today seems to have improved battery life quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭breeno

Can you post the build number? My battery is slowly getting worse and worse, only bought it in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭jones

My s6 edge updated last week while i was in Spain 220mb update to MMB29K.G925FXXU3DPDP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Fakman87 wrote: »
    New update today seems to have improved battery life quite a bit.

Are you on three? I had an update earlier today and after a restart the battery seems to be better so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭CailinGaillimh

Anyone having issues with phone heating up since last update? Vodafone have replaced handset already as this is am ongoing issue. But it has started again since the most recent update was installed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Azatadine

The battery life on mine is really starting to annoy me. I came to this from a Z1 compact which had a phenomenal battery life I suppose.

If I didn't use the Z1 it basically didn't use any battery. With this, I'll lose 50-60% of the battery just on standby after around 8 hours. Android OS uses about 40% of the battery even when power saving mode is engaged (as it always is).

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭breeno

Cortecs wrote: »
    The battery life on mine is really starting to annoy me. I came to this from a Z1 compact which had a phenomenal battery life I suppose.

If I didn't use the Z1 it basically didn't use any battery. With this, I'll lose 50-60% of the battery just on standby after around 8 hours. Android OS uses about 40% of the battery even when power saving mode is engaged (as it always is).

I've had my Vodafone s6 edge since the start of December and the battery is gone pretty bad. Losing up to 20 percent in a half hour luas commute and only getting worse as the day goes on.

I'm getting interested in the oneplus 3 but worried I'll regret getting rid of the s6!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Mine (Vodafone) had poor battery life after 2nd last update. Since last update (maybe a month ago) it has been fine. With light use during the day I could have 50% left at night.

• Advertisement

@breeno unfortunately, I wouldn't say you'd be worse off with any phone other than this!!

Fast charging gone again. Phone will sporadically use it!

So my S6 nearly went on fire while charging last night. I'm currently trying to get in touch with Three (who I bought the handset from), and Samsung. I've been onto the Samsung live chat twice now only to be disconnected as soon as I get through to a rep.

I've dm'd Samsung on twitter and facebook but still waiting to hear back from them. Has anyone had to contact Samsung Ireland support before?

Doesn't surprise me, mine heats up a ridiculous amount. Haven't been on to them, but I'd assume they'd want to keep customers, so will try to rectify the situation?
    May I ask what happened?

Doesn't surprise me, mine heats up a ridiculous amount. Haven't been on to them, but I'd assume they'd want to keep customers, so will try to rectify the situation?
    May I ask what happened?

I had it on charge and luckily woke up through the night to find it was very, very hot and an electrical burning smell coming from it. Quickly pulled the charger out of the wall and out of the phone (the micro USB end of the cable was stupidly hot). Inspecting it later, there's charring in the charge port on the phone and across the micro USB head.

I guess I'm lucky I woke up when I did!

I had it on charge and luckily woke up through the night to find it was very, very hot and an electrical burning smell coming from it. Quickly pulled the charger out of the wall and out of the phone (the micro USB end of the cable was stupidly hot). Inspecting it later, there's charring in the charge port on the phone and across the micro USB head.

I guess I'm lucky I woke up when I did!

You're very lucky. That's crazy! My micro USB part also gets very hot, almost burned myself off it one night. Happened on my old s6 and the one Vodafone replaced it with, had to be a problem with the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Im constantly getting a noise on mine when im connectd to mobile data. The only way i can describe it is its like an error sound, say if you ran out of charachters while typing and it would give you a sound to alert you, or as if you were pressing the back key. The problem is this is happeing when the phone is idle. Ive taken the cover off to make sure no buttons are being pressed by accident. Im convinced its something running in the background and thats its also killing my battery but cant think of how to figure it out.

Any suggestions??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My Edge is wrecking my head at the moment, the screen is flashing then showing a X in the bottom left followed by a
    X in the bottom right and then the screen comes back on, anyone else come across this issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone recommend a good (& cheap!) place to get an unlock code for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gmaximum

Another software update on Vodafone today. Hopefully a battery lifer improvement

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Gmaximum wrote: »
    Another software update on Vodafone today. Hopefully a battery lifer improvement

Whenever my OH tries to download it, it just says no data connection !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gmaximum

antodeco wrote: »

Same happened to me on 4G even with permissions set to do so. Worked on WiFi

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

antodeco wrote:

Gmaximum wrote:
    Same happened to me on 4G even with permissions set to do so. Worked on WiFi

Worked fine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Last update on my phone removed the frequently called numbers, they were normally located In Phone/favorites/Frequently dialed.

It was a handy option to have, rather than now having to search for numbers. I know this is fairly trivial, but someone here might know an easy fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

rogieop wrote: »
    Im constantly getting a noise on mine when im connectd to mobile data. The only way i can describe it is its like an error sound, say if you ran out of charachters while typing and it would give you a sound to alert you, or as if you were pressing the back key. The problem is this is happeing when the phone is idle. Ive taken the cover off to make sure no buttons are being pressed by accident. Im convinced its something running in the background and thats its also killing my battery but cant think of how to figure it out.

Any suggestions??

Not sure if anyone is interested or cares but i worked out that the noise was something to do with my bank card! I had it in my phone case. Every time i take it out the noise doesnt happen at all. The card is one of the contactless payments ones so maybe something in that?

Anyways ive gone back to using my actual wallet now instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

rogieop wrote:
    Not sure if anyone is interested or cares but i worked out that the noise was something to do with my bank card! I had it in my phone case. Every time i take it out the noise doesnt happen at all. The card is one of the contactless payments ones so maybe something in that?

Yeah, I also used to carry my leap card with my phone and it had the same issue. Took it out since then and haven't heard the noise since.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

rogieop wrote: »

Anyways ive gone back to using my actual wallet now instead!

Try turning off NFC in the phone settings and put your card back in

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Anyone else's fingerprint scanning just disabled itself??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

You're very lucky. That's crazy! My micro USB part also gets very hot, almost burned myself off it one night. Happened on my old s6 and the one Vodafone replaced it with, had to be a problem with the phone

Could also be the fact that you should only charge a fast charge phone during the day because plugging one in all night seems excessive to me , I'm on the note 4 and was told by a meteor staff member to never leave it charging over night or it could go on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Could also be the fact that you should only charge a fast charge phone during the day because plugging one in all night seems excessive to me , I'm on the note 4 and was told by a meteor staff member to never leave it charging over night or it could go on fire

I think it slow charges when it gets to 80% so it would just be the same as a normal charger, no extra risk of fire.

Ideally you would not leave it plugged in over night regardless of whatever charger you use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Keith186 wrote: »
    I think it slow charges when it gets to 80% so it would just be the same as a normal charger, no extra risk of fire.

Ideally you would not leave it plugged in over night regardless of whatever charger you use.

Well that is true and if you have caused damage to a phone by this way of charging I can't see the company replacing or fixing it.
    I have never charged my phone like this and I think if you do leave it plugged in over night you are asking for trouble

Advertisement