Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I emailed Samsung re the Wifi and Mobile data issues since the update to Marshmallow and this is the reply I got:
    Thank you for your email. Your customer reference number is x.

If you are having issues with your device following the update, I recommend performing a factory data reset. The most recent update can sometimes make changes that conflict with existing software settings but performing a reset on the device should resolve this.

A factory reset will erase all of the information stored on your device and will restore the software to original manufacturer settings. It will not remove software updates but it can resolve any software conflicts that might be causing you problems.

This process will erase all of your data so a full back up using Samsung Smart Switch is strongly advised before conducting a factory reset.

In order to back up your data, you will need to install Smart Switch onto your PC.

You can download Smart Switch (for Windows or Mac) from this link, under the Smart Switch & PC heading: http://www.samsung.com/uk/smart-switch/android-desktop-app.html

Once the program is installed, please follow these steps:

1. Connect your device to your computer using the Samsung USB Cable that came with your device (the charging cable with the plug head removed)
    2. Open Smart Switch
    3. Open the backup section to begin the process

To factory reset the device please follow the next steps:

1. From the Home Screen, tap the Applications menu item.
    2. Tap on Settings.
    3. Scroll down to Backup and reset and tap it.
    4. Tap the Factory Data Reset menu item.
    5. Tap the Reset phone button.
    6. Tap the Erase Everything button.

Your phone will now reset and will begin the initial start-up process. Please ensure that you have your various accounts’ details ready – e.g., Samsung account, email account, Wi-Fi.

If you require additional support please contact us on 0330 726 7864 (UK) or 0818 717 100 (EIRE), or respond to this email and I will be more than happy to help.

Alternatively you can visit our Support website where you will find FAQs, How-To-Videos and other useful information for Samsung products.

Kind regards,

Peter
    Customer Service Representative

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Redriddick wrote: »
    OK so I did a factory reset and it's still the same.
    I also tried in safe mode but no good.
    I hope there is an update soon but then again I may not be able to download it!!

As from my above post, Samsung said a factory reset should work. Have you had no luck at all? Either Wifi or Data??

I also went to Meteor store and Carphone Warehouse and was told, "never update to Marshmallow, Candy or Candycane" ...bit too late. Meteor heard of the issue but couldn't help, told me to contact Samsung. Carphone Warehouse were completely unaware of the issue and said to try the factory reset or send the phone back as it's under Warranty..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

I did the factory reset and no luck.mobile data is fine,it is just the WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

markc91 wrote:
    Since the update is anyone's Facebook app not refreshing and constantly saying "cannot connect right now"

Yep I'm having that problem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

I've heard similar problems with the Samsung S4 in the past. A factory reset doesn't work most of the time. They'll have to push an update or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

The Facebook problem is gone for me, just force stopped Facebook and that solved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

markc91 wrote: »
    Since the update is anyone's Facebook app not refreshing and constantly saying "cannot connect right now"

yeah happening to me !! mostly when clicking on people's profiles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

haiyna wrote: »
    The Facebook problem is gone for me, just force stopped Facebook and that solved it.

Seems to come and go i find.... if you disable wifi and and enable data then go back to FB and then fire up WIFI it seems to work for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Battery gone to **** on mine.Barely getting 8 hours from it now and that's low useage.
    Anything I should be looking out for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

yabadabado wrote: »
    Battery gone to **** on mine.Barely getting 8 hours from it now and that's low useage.
    Anything I should be looking out for ?

Yeah since it updated a few days ago it's terrible.

I think battery life will decide my next phone purchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Yeah since it updated a few days ago it's terrible.

I think battery life will decide my next phone purchase

I'm the same here. I had 2 updates within a couple of days last week I think and the battery life has gone to crap. I can't figure out why either!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought I was the only 1 with the Wifi issue, thank f**k I wasn't going mad, it's making the phone almost unusable, I'm guessing a factory reset isn't any good so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

I did the factory reset and still the same.Only thing that improved it was to turn off Bluetooth and turn off and on the WiFi. Sometimes it works sometimes not.

I never had any wifi issues but since the update Android System is killing the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I never had any wifi issues but since the update Android System is killing the battery

I've just taken my phone off charge and the estimated usage time is 10 hours based on my usage for the last 7 days. I'm pretty sure there's something going wrong there!

I've just taken my phone off charge and the estimated usage time is 10 hours based on my usage for the last 7 days. I'm pretty sure there's something going wrong there!

Time for some googling !

I wiped the cache, lets see how that goes

If it doesn't fix it ill root and install a custom rom

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Redriddick wrote: »
    I did the factory reset and still the same.Only thing that improved it was to turn off Bluetooth and turn off and on the WiFi. Sometimes it works sometimes not.

I noticed that when I paired a new cheap set of bluetooth headphones that I didn't get any network activity, I do have my phone paired with my smartwatch so I think I'll uninstall that and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Battery life gone to complete sh*t here too. Estimates of 9 or 10 hours battery life after unplugging. Actually charging is pretty buggy lately too. Fast charging is enabled in options and it always says the phone is fast charging when I plug it in but it's a lottery as to whether it will or not. There's times when I'll actually lose battery percentage while the charger is plugged in! This is with the Samsung charger that came with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

43% battery for android system its a joke. Not getting even a full day light use now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Testament1 wrote: »
    Battery life gone to complete sh*t here too. Estimates of 9 or 10 hours battery life after unplugging. Actually charging is pretty buggy lately too. Fast charging is enabled in options and it always says the phone is fast charging when I plug it in but it's a lottery as to whether it will or not. There's times when I'll actually lose battery percentage while the charger is plugged in! This is with the Samsung charger that came with it.
    I used get that losing charge while charging but I cleaned out around the socket on the phone and there was a lot of dust after building up.

No problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dubrov

I've never had a problem with wifi but the latest update has wrecked the battery usage.

As above it seems to be the android os doing the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I used get that losing charge while charging but I cleaned out around the socket on the phone and there was a lot of dust after building up.

No problems since.

What did you use to clean it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Testament1 wrote: »
    What did you use to clean it out?
    A needle, just picked around the outsides and blew the dust out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I wiped the cache, lets see how that goes

If it doesn't fix it ill root and install a custom rom

I root mine last week and installed the s7 noble rom port its working a charm. Pretty similar to the s6 rom but battery and speed seem pretty good.

One thing I have seen today:

I have an S5 for work, no social media apps etc. on it, just stock from Sansung and battery life is 3 days

One of the other lads here has his full of FB etc (S5 again) and he gets barely 8 hours out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,953 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Does anyone know how I can turn up the notification sound for low battery?

I've been tethering for a good few hours now, and the battery was down to about 3% before I noticed. It used to belt out a decent warning before the last big update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Anyone seeing signs of improvement in the battery?

Im having major issues. Doesn't connect to the charger sometimes, when it does its hit and miss to see if it actually charges. Fast charging seems to happen every so often, but not all the time. That is with the original Samsung charger and, like everyone else, is only happening since the last software update.

Hoping someone has a fix for me because this is causing major problems!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Anyone seeing signs of improvement in the battery?

Im having major issues. Doesn't connect to the charger sometimes, when it does its hit and miss to see if it actually charges. Fast charging seems to happen every so often, but not all the time. That is with the original Samsung charger and, like everyone else, is only happening since the last software update.

Hoping someone has a fix for me because this is causing major problems!!!

Noticed this recently aswell. The charger will connect alright but not necessarily always with fast charging. Sometimes it will noly be normal charging and ill have to take the lead out and put it back in.

<ught seem like a minor problem but for such an expensive phone its a feature that should work...

• Advertisement

I got so annoyed with getting 6 hours battery life that I decided to take the time to uninstall every app I never used and since doing that I get 20 hours

Obviously one of them was killing the battery

Also set all apps to be optimised except for the few I use all the time

Advertisement