Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Have a Samsung S6 Edge+ and updated to the new Marshmallow 6.0.1 this morning, great job it looks way better but I can't go on the facebook app, the same fault keeps reappearing 'can't connect right now' anyone got any idea as to how I can fix this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

dubrov wrote: »
    It wasn't part of the new update but I agree that it is not completely obvious.
    I think I found out by googling how to access the torch.

For your unlock, it must be a setting.
    I just press the button at the bottom once and it automatically unlocks (after fingerprint verification).
    The fingerprint unlock was previously so glitchy/unreliable that I had to stop using it. Might give it another go, might be better after the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The fingerprint unlock was previously so glitchy/unreliable that I had to stop using it. Might give it another go, might be better after the update.

I had mine disabled before the update for the same reasons. Finding it much better now but still get the occasional "no match", probably due to my clumsy thumb placement more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭dubrov

Testament1 wrote:
    I had mine disabled before the update for the same reasons. Finding it much better now but still get the occasional "no match", probably due to my clumsy thumb placement more than anything.

I found recording your thumb several times in the fingerprint settings greatly improved the matching success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

dubrov wrote: »
    I found recording your thumb several times in the fingerprint settings greatly improved the matching success.

I have thumb and index finger on both hands recorded to cover all bases. I do have a habit of placing my thumb across the button sideways so maybe rerecording it in that position would help. Though as I said I do find its accuracy greatly improved since the update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I stopped using the fingerprint unlock because it rarely worked but there is a noticeable improvement since the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

yabadabado wrote: »
    I stopped using the fingerprint unlock because it rarely worked but there is a noticeable improvement since the upgrade.

I have found the opposite to this. Might have to reset my fingerprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Fingerprint works fine most times for me. Since the update it doesn't lag as much.
    I find it doesn't work sometimes if hands are too hot or cold but swapping fingers and pressing down a little bit firmer does the trick usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Major WiFi problems since last update. Same on different WiFi networks. Nothing connects. Go back to mobile network and all is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

kc66 wrote:
    Major WiFi problems since last update. Same on different WiFi networks. Nothing connects. Go back to mobile network and all is fine.

Agreed the wifi is gone to ****e. Switching off Bluetooth helped mine but it's still not right!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I'm having same problem as above poster.

I used to just have to enter my pattern to unlock.
    Now I have to swipe the screen first...then enter pattern.
    Anyone else the same ? I've looked at security settings etc but can't seem to figure it out.

All since new update.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm having same problem as above poster.

I used to just have to enter my pattern to unlock.
    Now I have to swipe the screen first...then enter pattern.
    Anyone else the same ? I've looked at security settings etc but can't seem to figure it out.

All since new update.

I've reverted to the fingerprint unlock, and in fairness it's miles better then before. One touch only.

One other thing that I can't understand is that the audible warning for low battery is gone (at least I think it is, after the torch episode above I'm not sure of much any more!). Now it's just a banner pop-up which you may or may not see.

(I anticipate having the bleeding obvious pointed out to me regarding this, for which I will be very grateful, as always).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads is there an app for the S6 where you can download mp3's to your laptop and transfer them to the app on the phone, similar to itunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Why would you want to bring an extra step to the equation when you can just transfer them direct from laptop to phone by dragging and dropping???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I've updated, now all my wifi connections are gone to ****,extremely slow. Anyone else find this?

keano25 wrote:
    I've updated, now all my wifi connections are gone to ****,extremely slow. Anyone else find this?

Same as.I mentioned it earlier in the thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Has anyone on Tesco got the update yet?

Redriddick wrote: »
    Same as.I mentioned it earlier in the thread!!

Sorry didn't read back. Did you get it sorted?

keano25 wrote: »
    Sorry didn't read back. Did you get it sorted?

No not fully.I turned off bluetooth and it improved but its still as slow as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Hi, have recently upgraded to the S6 from the S4. I have the Pocketcast App on my phone, however on the S6 there is no folder on the app where the podcasts that i have downloaded to listen to off line are kept. I have looked in My Devise Storage & they are not there either. They do stay under the podcast but this doesn't really work.

Any pointers appreciated

• Advertisement

Birdsong wrote: »
    Hi, have recently upgraded to the S6 from the S4. I have the Pocketcast App on my phone, however on the S6 there is no folder on the app where the podcasts that i have downloaded to listen to off line are kept. I have looked in My Devise Storage & they are not there either. They do stay under the podcast but this doesn't really work.

Any pointers appreciated

In the PocketCasts app, go to settings, then storage.
    tick the box that says "Allow apps to see episodes"
    That should let other apps see the podcasts.

can you downgrade from 6.0.1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Have a Samsung S6 Edge+ and updated to the new Marshmallow 6.0.1 this morning, great job it looks way better but I can't go on the facebook app, the same fault keeps reappearing 'can't connect right now' anyone got any idea as to how I can fix this please?

I'm getting that too since I upgraded to Marshmellow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone on the S6 edge notice that on circle thing is now gone? I use to enjoy annoying my Samsung mates sending them little pictures etc haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

For those having issues with WiFi since the upgrade to 6.0.1 - I was having exact same and it was wrecking my head. So far I have had success by forcing the phone to get a totally new IP from my WiFi router/access point DHCP.

Generally your phone will keep getting same IP as the router remembers the device MAC address and assigns same IP to that MAC all the time. So I added a reservation for the phone and changed the IP it got and so far so good. Cannot be sure it will work for everyone but I have gone from totally un-usuable WiFi performance back to where it was before 6.0.1.

Paddy

For those having issues with WiFi since the upgrade to 6.0.1 - I was having exact same and it was wrecking my head. So far I have had success by forcing the phone to get a totally new IP from my WiFi router/access point DHCP.

Generally your phone will keep getting same IP as the router remembers the device MAC address and assigns same IP to that MAC all the time. So I added a reservation for the phone and changed the IP it got and so far so good. Cannot be sure it will work for everyone but I have gone from totally un-usuable WiFi performance back to where it was before 6.0.1.

Paddy

How do you do that?

Paddy

Thats fine if your at home on your own wifi but if you are out and about using hotspots its a no go!!
    We should'nt have to be finding ways to connect properly to wifi no matter where it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 KevinMunster12

Where's the cheapest you can buy an s6 now? Saw one in a shop today for 570

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Where's the cheapest you can buy an s6 now? Saw one in a shop today for 570

You can get them new on adverts for under 450.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Paddy

Scrub this.. back to sh!te performance again. Back to drawing board.

Advertisement