Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Weird... touch wood but my phones seems to have sorted itself out and has been running good all day.. again touch wood..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 KevinMunster12

Thinking about getting a s6 but the lack of micro Sd card has me thinking about getting an s5 neo instead. I've about 40 gigs of music alone on my iPhone. Is there no way to increase storage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone having issues with notifications (sound) since the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Pacifico wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with notifications (sound) since the update?
    One in particular - the "battery low" notification is almost silent now, and I can't find a way to turn it up.

All the rest are ok and adjustable as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

The latest update that hit me earlier this week has pretty much killed my internet. Really slow over wifi but on mobile data pages are actually timing out (with Vodafone). Google search seems to work fine but you just can't load any pages. Apps that need mobile data are affected also.

Rebooting the phone gives me a couple of pages before the problem occurs again. Absolutely killing me ... any suggestions? Have tried various browsers, clearing caches etc.

I see that others have been suffering a bit longer than me but this is driving me bonkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Thinking about getting a s6 but the lack of micro Sd card has me thinking about getting an s5 neo instead. I've about 40 gigs of music alone on my iPhone. Is there no way to increase storage?

This was an issue for me too, i got the phone and now regret it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

donnacha wrote: »
    The latest update that hit me earlier this week has pretty much killed my internet. Really slow over wifi but on mobile data pages are actually timing out (with Vodafone). Google search seems to work fine but you just can't load any pages. Apps that need mobile data are affected also.

Rebooting the phone gives me a couple of pages before the problem occurs again. Absolutely killing me ... any suggestions? Have tried various browsers, clearing caches etc.

I see that others have been suffering a bit longer than me but this is driving me bonkers.

Same issue here, also on Vodafone. It's strange, Boards.ie and Twitter can receive data fine but other apps like Chrome, Facebook, Instagram can't connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

donnacha wrote: »

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Same issue here, also on Vodafone. It's strange, Boards.ie and Twitter can receive data fine but other apps like Chrome, Facebook, Instagram can't connect.

dont know what part of the country you are in but Vodafone are having network issues the past 48hrs.

we've a number of mobile devices/api gone bonkers in work the past couple of days and eventually put it down to Vodafone who acknowledged they are having issues.

signal strength looks fine etc. but 3g and 4g connectivity dropping out in the background.
    could be totally unrelated but think you should know.

edit: just found this and this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Has anyone had any trouble downgrading back to Lollipop? Marshmallow is wrecking my head

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

In the PocketCasts app, go to settings, then storage.
    tick the box that says "Allow apps to see episodes"
    That should let other apps see the podcasts.

Thanks but tried this, unfortunately not working for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Finding the most annoying little thing on my s6 edge since latest update a few days ago to 6.0.1. In the middle of doing anything on the phone, the screen temporarily dims and freezes. Either it comes back to life within about 5 seconds or if I tap the screen it comes back. Also, could be typing away and then outta nowhere the keyboard just closes down (happened 3 times while typing this post) Really starting to piss me off.

Done all the usual checks for screen timeout and all is good. Only started after the most recent update. Anyone else encountering these problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

kev_s88 wrote: »
    Finding the most annoying little thing on my s6 edge since latest update a few days ago to 6.0.1. In the middle of doing anything on the phone, the screen temporarily dims and freezes. Either it comes back to life within about 5 seconds or if I tap the screen it comes back. Also, could be typing away and then outta nowhere the keyboard just closes down (happened 3 times while typing this post) Really starting to piss me off.

Done all the usual checks for screen timeout and all is good. Only started after the most recent update. Anyone else encountering these problems?
    I got the update 2 weeks or so ago and no problems whatsoever.

Battery life has improved immensely, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

7 month old sim free S6 .What sorta of cash could I expect to sell it for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Check what they're going for on adverts. They were listed at about €350/400 a few weeks ago when I last checked.
    Gonna get an S7?

Keith186 wrote: »
    Check what they're going for on adverts. They were listed at about €350/400 a few weeks ago when I last checked.
    Gonna get an S7?
    Cheers.
    I might get the S7,not sure what I will do but no sd card in S6 is gonna become a problem very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

yabadabado wrote: »
    Cheers.
    I might get the S7,not sure what I will do but no sd card in S6 is gonna become a problem very soon.

Was thinking of doing the same but it's nearly a waste of money only keeping a phone for 6 months though. If S7 goes on sale in a month or two for a about €150 less I might get it then, sell the S6 for about €50 less than you'd get today for it.
    Had to delete a few things on my one just to get it below 90% used memory, SD card would be very handy alright.
    I'm keeping an eye on HTC 10 too but it was a let down last year.

Ideally I wouldn't be changing at all but no SD is becoming a problem so may sit tight another month or 2 and change then will see how prices change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭jones

I've the 64gb S6 edge and have plenty of space left (38% used) and thats with a lot of photo's and spotify offline downloads. I presume people running out of space have the 32gb variant?

Yup 32GB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭jones

At least samsung had the sense to ditch the 16gb model unlike apple haha.

I think 64gb is the minimum these days (or sd card obviously)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Any of ye lads get your wifi sorted.
    I think I am going to try to go back to lollipop

Redriddick wrote: »
    Any of ye lads get your wifi sorted.
    I think I am going to try to go back to lollipop

got the update to marshmallow yesterday and i'm having the same wifi problem, it keeps dropping off.
    How are you going back to lollipop?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Haven't had any wifi issues since the MM upgrade

Gonna do a factory reset first and see

OK so I did a factory reset and it's still the same.
    I also tried in safe mode but no good.
    I hope there is an update soon but then again I may not be able to download it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

Are you sure it's possible to come back to Lollipop? I remember there's something with Knox and if you corrupt it then it won't work again and you also void the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Redriddick wrote: »
    OK so I did a factory reset and it's still the same.
    I also tried in safe mode but no good.
    I hope there is an update soon but then again I may not be able to download it!!

If your selling, pm me!

Small update came through today but still no improvement in WiFi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Since the update is anyone's Facebook app not refreshing and constantly saying "cannot connect right now"

Advertisement