Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Argentina for £275 Return [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Just checked on skyscanner and the deal is showing at €373 return. Seems like a legit deal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anyone coming over to B.A for st paddys give me a shout nearer the time for info. Living over here, there is plenty to do. Will sort you out with tips, do's and donts etc.

Permanent resident. Married to a local. Hope the deal works out for you all.

Can I ask what the weather is like in July m. It's the only time I can go but would like some warm weather for my summer holidays!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Can I ask what the weather is like in July m. It's the only time I can go but would like some warm weather for my summer holidays!:)

daily_high_and_low_temperature_temperature_c.png

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

Anyone coming over to B.A for st paddys give me a shout nearer the time for info. Living over here, there is plenty to do. Will sort you out with tips, do's and donts etc.

Thanks for the offer Magico, I'll be jumping in with family when it comes to accommodation and activities but I have a head start of a day or two on them so might take you up on that offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

Cold. It's winter in July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Flights booked for June. Too good to turn down really, Thanks OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

MissNomer wrote: »
    Cold. It's winter in July.
    I wouldn't call 10+ degrees cold, it actually sounds perfect to me.

I wouldn't call 10+ degrees cold, it actually sounds perfect to me.

Hardly 'summer holiday' weather though. It's not freezing cold but definitely not warm. It's colder than summer in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

Hardly 'summer holiday' weather though. It's not freezing cold but definitely not warm. It's colder than summer in Ireland.

Days are short, that's the main issue for me in winter season in Southern Hemisphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just pulled the trigger, me and a friend. 2 Weeks at the end of April/start of May. Couldn't afford not to at those prices. Have a funny feeling for the first 6 months of this year there'll be a lot of flights from Germany to Brazil/Argentina full of Irish people nodding and mouthing "Boards?" to each other :D

dadoffay wrote: »
    Days are short, that's the main issue for me in winter season in Southern Hemisphere.

Is a ferry ride over to Uruguay a good idea? Seems like it might be worth a day trip.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Posts removed.

For anyone who wants to discuss aviation matters here is a link to correct forum:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=905

Back on topic please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 notreve

cheers Magico,

just booked this for March 16 to 23rd

could you tell me at what time dusk comes in at that time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SwimFin

Colonia del Sacramento, is the closest Uruguayan city to Buenos Aires reached by express ferry taking an hour.

The historical heart of Colonia is well worth it. Half of the Colonia’s residents make a living from car parts - if you admire vintage American cars you will see quite a few in this town.

Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 davebushe

SwimFin wrote: »
    Colonia del Sacramento, is the closest Uruguayan city to Buenos Aires reached by express ferry taking an hour.

The historical heart of Colonia is well worth it. Half of the Colonia’s residents make a living from car parts - if you admire vintage American cars you will see quite a few in this town.

Recommended.

Seconded. This is a fantastic day trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

How many hours flying would this trip take and also is buenos aires highly recommended as a city to visit and how many days would be recommended to stay their to explore it properly? Also one more question and sorry about this but what would the weather be like in March. Seriously considering booking this.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 C2911

Hey guys,

Am I right in saying that IF Logitravel cannot honour the fare and ask for more money (as they seem to have done in the past) that I'll receive a full refund?

They seem legit... just with terrible reviews.

C2911 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Am I right in saying that IF Logitravel cannot honour the fare and ask for more money (as they seem to have done in the past) that I'll receive a full refund?

They seem legit... just with terrible reviews.

Not really. There is one main thread on one website with terrible reviews, most of them about hotel reservations. There's barely anything about flights. As others have pointed out, any online travel agent has negative reviews and people accusing them of being scammers, even Expedia. They ALL screw up sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Is a ferry ride over to Uruguay a good idea? Seems like it might be worth a day trip.

Yes an hour to Colonia, supposed to be a beautiful town plus another country off the bucket list :)

• Advertisement

notreve wrote: »
    cheers Magico,

just booked this for March 16 to 23rd

could you tell me at what time dusk comes in at that time of year?

I will be on the same flight back, Gets dark around 7 or so, temp 22-27 or so

SNNUS wrote: »
    Yes an hour to Colonia, supposed to be a beautiful town plus another country off the bucket list :)

Is that an hour from Buenos Aires? That would be tempting. Apparently the Iguazu Falls are unmissable too, and the crossing over to Santiago de Chile over the Andes is meant to be amazing. Doing all that would mean visiting Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil and Chile! Initially I just wanted to 'do' Argentina properly but the geography of the country makes it difficult - all the best places are in opposite ends of the country. So not sure what to prioritise now.

Don't forget Patagonia also, incredible scenery down there

Is that an hour from Buenos Aires? That would be tempting. Apparently the Iguazu Falls are unmissable too, and the crossing over to Santiago de Chile over the Andes is meant to be amazing. Doing all that would mean visiting Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil and Chile! Initially I just wanted to 'do' Argentina properly but the geography of the country makes it difficult - all the best places are in opposite ends of the country. So not sure what to prioritise now.

Yes it is an hour from BA, hard to get an itinerary for 2 weeks!

SNNUS wrote: »
    Yes it is an hour from BA, hard to get an itinerary for 2 weeks!

Yep. I wish I could do longer. Torn between sticking to BA and its surrounds this time around and just trying to do as much as possible in case I don't get back.

My main dilemma seems to be this - do I stick to BA and the east side of the country, doing Iguazu Falls and Colonia, or do I travel across the country to Mendoza and go over the Andes by bus to Santiago and stay a few days in Chile (I want to go to Valparaiso)?

Yep. I wish I could do longer. Torn between sticking to BA and its surrounds this time around and just trying to do as much as possible in case I don't get back.

My main dilemma seems to be this - do I stick to BA and the east side of the country, doing Iguazu Falls and Colonia, or do I travel across the country to Mendoza and go over the Andes by bus to Santiago and stay a few days in Chile (I want to go to Valparaiso)?

I think we will get to see BA and surrounds and then head to Uruguay for a week then back to BA to fly out.. All subject to change of course :)

How long does a bus to Santiago take? You're driving across half the continent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

SwimFin wrote: »

Recommended.

Would i be right in saying the 1 hour ferry trip is around 200 euro return?

That bus from Mendoza is seriously beautiful, lots and lots of windy roads. I didn't think much of Santiago at all but Valparaiso is well worth seeing.

• Advertisement

How long does a bus to Santiago take? You're driving across half the continent!!

Think it's about 14 hours to Mendoza, which isn't too bad as you can get an overnight bus (which then also saves finding and paying for accommodation). I'm interested in seeing Mendoza anyway. It's then another 6-8 hours across the Andes to Santiago. So not too bad. I could do 4 days in BA, over to Mendoza for a couple of days, a few days in Chile and then back. I don't think that's too onerous and would give me at least a solid feel for both countries. The issue is that there's also the Iguazu Falls, Colonia etc. on the other side and they seem a more doable and logical thing to do from BA.

Advertisement