Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Argentina for £275 Return [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Booked it!! What a deal.

And I have worked directly with an airline and once you have an eticket you are booked and cannot be cancelled by the airline because it was their error.

So once you have a ticket number and reference number put it into the Lufthansa website and you can see your reservation. It will show all flights even other airlines like LAN Chile but it is all one ticket so all sectors confirmed.

Enjoy if you go for it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 pete_fire

Bey0nd wrote: »
    Ive emailed logitravel to see if this is legit or if its a price error before booking. Would be a great little holiday but worried it's too good to be true. Don't want to have it cancelled once accommodation is booked!

absolute fool.
    they'll fix the fare now preventing anybody else from booking.

if anyone was unsure whether to book, make your mind up quickly. this will get killed very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Exactly. You are on a holiday of a lifetime to South america, couldn't get any better.

Oh wait why not try swap one of these glorious nights in South America for a night in a German airport hotel which you will only get after probably queuing for a few hours with loads of other stressed passengers then waiting anxiously by the phone in the hotel to find out what flight they have booked you on and prob find out its not an ideal one meaning you have to try fight for a better one. Add in lost bookings and a messed up itinerary.

I probably didnt explain myself well. My point was if you are going for the one with the 1hour connection, dont bank on making it for the 2nd leg first attempt. So dont book a hotel in your final destination.

I'm not scaremongering and I cant post the links I saw as a new user but best of luck parting with your cash on that one. I'm not saying its a scam either but they randomly cancel things after charging cards and little comeback if there's any delays.

You would be great craic travelling...

Bey0nd wrote: »
    Ive emailed logitravel to see if this is legit or if its a price error before booking. Would be a great little holiday but worried it's too good to be true. Don't want to have it cancelled once accommodation is booked!

Oh well this will be gone soon.. Good job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 ciapen

FatRat wrote: »
    Booked this myself with a few others. The trouble is we could only get a booking with a 1 hour 5 minute stopover in Frankfurt. I've been told we will be ok with that amount of time but I'm still worried. The arrival and departure are in the same terminal so that makes it seem like it's doable. What do you guys think?

I did that stopover before, you just walk off one plane onto the other, 5 minute walk if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I probably didnt explain myself well. My point was if you are going for the one with the 1hour connection, dont bank on making it for the 2nd leg first attempt. So dont book a hotel in your final destination.

Great advice. Nothing like rocking up to a hotel in South America wondering if they have a room - because you don't have a room due to your flight arriving on schedule.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

Chances are they WILL make the connection, though. So what happens when they get to BA? Wander around looking for somewhere to stay? Why not just book somewhere cheap for the first night and be prepared to lose 20 quid (or whatever) if it doesn't work out?

MissNomer wrote: »
    Chances are they WILL make the connection, though. So what happens when they get to BA? Wander around looking for somewhere to stay? Why not just book somewhere cheap for the first night and be prepared to lose 20 quid (or whatever) if it doesn't work out?

You arrive at 8 am on schedule so even of you were rerouted because you missed your flight , you should still arrive the same day.. Just go with it, all airlines have less than 1 hour connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Thinking of booking in July. The only downside is the gruelling journey time of 23hours over and 27hours back.

• Advertisement

SNNUS wrote: »
    You arrive at 8 am on schedule so even of you were rerouted because you missed your flight , you should still arrive the same day.. Just go with it, all airlines have less than 1 hour connections.

Yeah, that's what I said. Can't understand why someone would turn down a better than half price flight just in case (and it's a pretty big 'just in case') they missed a connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

ciapen wrote: »
    I did that stopover before, you just walk off one plane onto the other, 5 minute walk if I remember correctly.

Good to know. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

Sorry for being lazy, (haven't read all the thread), but is this a genuine offer with a limited amount of cut-price tickets and/or definite booking period or simply an error with the site and if we book now, they may or may not honour the price?

Either way, I'm very very tempted - provided it's not a scam. I might sleep on it and hope it's still available in the morning, even though I don't know for sure if I can get those particular dates off.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shimmy Jimmy CocoPop

You suggested 'this crowd' were being talked about as scam merchants without any proof whatsoever. Im still waiting for an example??

Computer says No.

As I said in my first post I cant post links as a new user. A simple google search will provide many examples. Do you actually read any of my posts before commenting on them.

I'm all for a travel bargain and I hope it goes well for those who booked but to me it doesn't seem right. Its just my opinion.

You suggested 'this crowd' were being talked about as scam merchants without any proof whatsoever. Im still waiting for an example??

Computer says No.

As I said in my first post I cant post links as a new user. A simple google search will provide many examples. Do you actually read any of my posts before commenting on them?

I'm all for a travel bargain and I hope it goes well for those who booked but to me it doesn't seem right. Its just my opinion.

As I said in my first post I cant post links as a new user. A simple google search will provide many examples. Do you actually read any of my posts before commenting on them.

What are you still commenting for? As has been said many times to you, if you can log in to Lufthansa and your flight shows up, as it does for everyone, then Logitravel no longer has anything, and I repeat ANYTHING, to do with it. Even if they notice it, even if they do go into administration in the meantime etc., there's nothing they can do to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

OnTheCouch wrote: »
    Sorry for being lazy, (haven't read all the thread), but is this a genuine offer with a limited amount of cut-price tickets and/or definite booking period or simply an error with the site and if we book now, they may or may not honour the price?

Either way, I'm very very tempted - provided it's not a scam. I might sleep on it and hope it's still available in the morning, even though I don't know for sure if I can get those particular dates off.

If it is a mistake then it should have been realised by now.

As you can get the deal on many other booking sites then this leads me to believe that this not a mistake.

I have travelled all over the world on full fares, part fares and bargain fares - so this sort of thing is rare but not uncommon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 pete_fire

OnTheCouch wrote: »

might be gone by the morning thanks to the guy who alerted the OTA of the error price.
    book it as soon as you can mate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

As I said in my first post I cant post links as a new user. A simple google search will provide many examples. Do you actually read any of my posts before commenting on them?

A simple Google search doesn't provide many examples. Your opinion is wrong.

As many posters, who have actually booked the flights, have pointed out the bookings have been forwarded to Lufthansa and are showing on their system. There is no scam.

Pete_fire explained the issue early in the thread but some people either couldn't understand him or couldn't use Google.

I see that JaMarcusHustle hasn't had the grace to withdraw his BS either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Guys, does a passport need to be valid for 6 months from the date of departure? My expires in Oct next year and I'm looking to book in June?

Or what if I don't opt to put in my passport details now? How do I get my boarding pass?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

What BS? That someone who signs up and starts posting "this isn't a scam" raises red flags in my opinion? Pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks that!

Personally I hope it is real and if people here get to go to Argentina for that price, Im delighted for them. I'm not going because I already have plans to use my annual leave next year but I'm not begrudging anyone who does get it.

Last time I checked Lufthansa were a reputable company..

A simple Google search doesn't provide many examples. Your opinion is wrong.

As many posters, who have actually booked the flights, have pointed out the bookings have been forwarded to Lufthansa and are showing on their system. There is no scam.

Pete_fire explained the issue early in the thread but some people either couldn't understand him or couldn't use Google.

Your opinion is that I am wrong, and that's your and several other posters choice. I merely highlighted that people should google reviews of this company before parting with their cash.

I have travelled a lot over the past 10 years and I have never seen prices like this to South America. Is it really so "BS" to have a very legitimate opinion?

Also as I said Im delighted for those who booked if all goes well.

SNNUS wrote: »
    Last time I checked Lufthansa were a reputable company..

Does your credit card get charged to Lufthansa?

What are you still commenting for? As has been said many times to you, if you can log in to Lufthansa and your flight shows up, as it does for everyone, then Logitravel no longer has anything, and I repeat ANYTHING, to do with it. Even if they notice it, even if they do go into administration in the meantime etc., there's nothing they can do to cancel.

Sorry what are you on about no one ever said many times to me about logging into Lufthansa. Has anyone on here who booked through Logitravel logged into Lufthansa, if so great, looks good.

What about LAN as they are also part of the itinerary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Booked 2 weeks in June.

This better ****ing not be a scam!! haha

I opted not to get a boarding pass, as it looks like I'll have to renew my passport, and didn't want to enter current passport details.

Sorry what are you on about no one ever said many times to me about logging into Lufthansa. Has anyone on here who booked through Logitravel logged into Lufthansa, if so great, looks good.

What about LAN as they are also part of the itinerary.

Oh. My God.

Countless posters have said they logged into Lufthansa.

The Lufthansa and LAN flights show up there.

Does your credit card get charged to Lufthansa?

No if you book with ebookers you pay to ebookers or Expedia etc but I would be
    Worried if I did not receive a eticket from the airline , but I got my reservation number and checked it on the Lufthansa website,and shows my eticket confirmed with the correct itinerary so the flight has been booked as would any regular online agency would do.

MissNomer wrote: »
    Oh. My God.

Countless posters have said they logged into Lufthansa.

The Lufthansa and LAN flights show up there.

Great stuff happy days, enjoy Buenos Aires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

I took a look at my booking on Lufthansa and I noticed that my etix number started with 044. I then looked at the IATA website for which airline 044 belonged and I saw that it was Aerolineas Argentinas. So I went to their website and searched for my booking using the reservation number provided when I bought the tickets and I could see my reservation and also could see that my tickets as far as Aerolineas is concerned has been issued. This all looks fine so far. The fact that the ticket is on Aerolineas paper (044) to my mind means that it might be them who throw a spanner in the works and not Lufthansa. You can also print off the invoice if you want from this website.

Here's hoping all is fine. Booked out 30 March via MUC and São Paulo and back to DUB via Frankfurt on the 6th.

Advertisement