Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Argentina for £275 Return [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

As I said in my first post I cant post links as a new user. A simple google search will provide many examples. Do you actually read any of my posts before commenting on them.

I'm all for a travel bargain and I hope it goes well for those who booked but to me it doesn't seem right. Its just my opinion.

As i said in post #19, i looked at the so called scam results and IMHO there was nothing untoward. No-one has disproved this theory since. Feel free to submit any actual highlights youve seen.

As mentioned by others its nothing to do with the agency now its the airlines 'money' as people have confirmed bookings with the airline.
    Yes this could go pear shaped hence im giving it a couple of working days but i doubt Lufthansa will do a runner on me with 300+ euro.

I work in the airline industry also but probably like you i have no authority to use that statement to backup if this will turn out successful. Especially now as some donut has spilled the beans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

My booking comes up on Lufthansa too.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shimmy Jimmy CocoPop

As i said in post #19, i looked at the so called scam results and IMHO there was nothing untoward. No-one has disproved this theory since. Feel free to submit any actual highlights youve seen.

As mentioned by others its nothing to do with the agency now its the airlines 'money' as people have confirmed bookings with the airline.
    Yes this could go pear shaped hence im giving it a couple of working days but i doubt Lufthansa will do a runner on me with 300+ euro.

I work in the airline industry also but probably like you i have no authority to use that statement to backup if this will turn out successful. Especially now as some donut has spilled the beans.

I'm not here to argue with anyone, I was stating an opinion that it didnt seem right but for now looks good from those who have booked. You work in the airline industry and not one post in the A&A forum? Strange that.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭muslimstudent

Is the offer still available?

I'm not here to argue with anyone, I was stating an opinion that it didnt seem right but for now looks good from those who have booked. You work in the airline industry and not one post in the A&A forum? Strange that.

There's not many shoe-shiners related threads in there to coax me in. :cool:

Work stays in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Exactly. You are on a holiday of a lifetime to South america, couldn't get any better.

Oh wait why not try swap one of these glorious nights in South America for a night in a German airport hotel which you will only get after probably queuing for a few hours with loads of other stressed passengers then waiting anxiously by the phone in the hotel to find out what flight they have booked you on and prob find out its not an ideal one meaning you have to try fight for a better one. Add in lost bookings and a messed up itinerary.

the hour is more than enough, i have taken the exactly the same flight before and the time was ok without having to rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dadoffay

I took a look at my booking on Lufthansa and I noticed that my etix number started with 044. I then looked at the IATA website for which airline 044 belonged and I saw that it was Aerolineas Argentinas. So I went to their website and searched for my booking using the reservation number provided when I bought the tickets and I could see my reservation and also could see that my tickets as far as Aerolineas is concerned has been issued. This all looks fine so far. The fact that the ticket is on Aerolineas paper (044) to my mind means that it might be them who throw a spanner in the works and not Lufthansa. You can also print off the invoice if you want from this website.

Here's hoping all is fine. Booked out 30 March via MUC and São Paulo and back to DUB via Frankfurt on the 6th.

If one books a flight from FRA to EZE on AR website, the YQ Tax is 320€ return. In our special offer the YQ tax has been fully dumped - that's a filing error and should be honoured. What I find unbelievable is that nobody at AR has realised their mistake. I can still get the fare on logitravel but not on gotogate or any other website. Anybody who received a 044 Etix ticket number, is safe and can plan imO. Anybody else should wait. Good Luck to all.

deepsilent wrote: »
    the hour is more than enough, i have taken the exactly the same flight before and the time was ok without having to rush.

Agreed. I connected in FRA with LH twice in the last 3 weeks, their min. Connecting time used to be 45min but was changed to 1h a few years ago. In any case, the chances are good to make your connection albeit it may be rushed. Boarding for the long haul flight takes 20-25min and one staff constantly checks incoming connecting flights and their arrival time - the more people are connecting from one flight, the bigger their willingness to wait a few min longer for their red faces at the gate..at the security entrance in FRA there is a fast lane, it's up to you to convince the staff there that you are in danger of missing your flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

dadoffay wrote: »
    If one books a flight from FRA to EZE on AR website, the YQ Tax is 320€ return. In our special offer the YQ tax has been fully dumped - that's a filing error and should be honoured. What I find unbelievable is that nobody at AR has realised their mistake. I can still get the fare on logitravel but not on gotogate or any other website. Anybody who received a 044 Etix ticket number, is safe and can plan imO. Anybody else should wait. Good Luck to all.

My Etix ticket number starts with 045 (LAN Airlines)

I think I might wait awhile before booking anything else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

Why 044?

• Advertisement

My Etix ticket number starts with 045.

I think I might wait awhile before booking anything else.

045 is for LATAM, the LAN TAM merged airline which is the other half of this error fare. I think the same applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

045 is for LATAM, the LAN TAM merged airline which is the other half of this error fare. I think the same applies.

Thanks for that.

I think I'll wait a bit anyways in case it all goes a bit Pete Tong.

MissNomer wrote: »
    Why 044?

I referred to the post at 19:03, where someone looked at his Aerolineas Argentinas (AR) ticket number on the LH website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Del007

If by chance anyone manages to find a cheap flight for later on in the year then please post it up here. Cheers

Del007 wrote: »
    If by chance anyone manages to find a cheap flight for later on in the year then please post it up here. Cheers

Latest Outbound seems to be 1.7.2015, I tried all dates until Dec15.hand nearly fell off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Thanks OP. Just booked from March 9th-18th. Going Solo. Too good of an opportunity to miss. I've checked my booking reference (045 code) on TAM and everything looks to have gone through. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Latest Outbound seems to be 1.7.2015, I tried all dates until Dec15.hand nearly fell off.

Cheers for this - just booked July 1st - 21st. £289. Very happy. Great work OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Just be warned that just because you've got a genuine booking from the airline doesn't mean that it isn't a scam. I've been at the wrong end of this before, when my debit card details were stolen: the way the scam works is that the scam site allows you to book a flight at a great price and charges your card for it. Behind this they use a stolen card to actually fulfill the transaction and so a genuine confirmation is sent from the airline. Once the stolen card holder find our about the fraud the transactions will be cancelled and reversed.

So just be warned about these great prices from unknown websites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I dunno about booking this, Buenos Aires looks like a regular city to me, and I don't know that I want to do that kind of flight time for that. I guess I'm open to convincing it's worth going to...?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

pete_fire wrote: »
    This is definitely not a scam or a trick.

It's what people in the industry call a "self-dump". There is something called "Fuel Dumping" that exists in flight ticketing. It causes the "Fuel Surcharge" also referred to as "YQ" or "YR" to be dumped/eliminated from the price.
    This occurs when two particular airlines are present in the same ticket.
    There are many forums out there where people share their fuel dumping strategies. search on google and you'll easily find them

In this particular dump, it seems that the online travel agent has automatically paired two airlines that are causing a dump for you. Lan Airlines is causing the long-haul Lufthansa fuel surcharge to be eliminated.
    This is a very rare find and if anyone from Dublin is interested to go to Argentina, I say do it.

You cannot be held responsible for this as you simply searched for DUB-EZE flights and were provided with a dumped flight. You didnt knowingly seek a dumped flight by manually pairing two separate airlines.

Definitely not a scam

Hi Pete. Thanks for the info in your posts. What exactly causes the fuel surcharge to be eliminated? I have looked online and am still no clearer. How does it just disappear from the cost of booking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

Hi Pete. Thanks for the info in your posts. What exactly causes the fuel surcharge to be eliminated? I have looked online and am still no clearer. How does it just disappear from the cost of booking?

Nice video and article that the Economist did that explain it http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2013/11/fuel-dumping

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just be warned that just because you've got a genuine booking from the airline doesn't mean that it isn't a scam. I've been at the wrong end of this before, when my debit card details were stolen: the way the scam works is that the scam site allows you to book a flight at a great price and charges your card for it. Behind this they use a stolen card to actually fulfill the transaction and so a genuine confirmation is sent from the airline. Once the stolen card holder find our about the fraud the transactions will be cancelled and reversed.

So just be warned about these great prices from unknown websites
    Bad reviews aside, Logitravel is clearly not a scam site.

Bad reviews aside, Logitravel is clearly not a scam site.

I think oppenheimer is just trying to say in general be careful of really good deals from dodgy sites. Its clear these guys arent dodgy as theyve been trading a long time but worth noting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

As DelBoy puts it, "no fry for me Marge & Tina" to the cafe lady after he started his New Year's diet circa 1984:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

ro23 wrote: »
    Nice video and article that the Economist did that explain it economist .com/blogs/gulliver/2013/11/fuel-dumping

Thank you ro23. Have just booked London/Tashkent with a brief
    Recife/ Maceió return thrown in.
    But WTF is a real?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Anyone coming over to B.A for st paddys give me a shout nearer the time for info. Living over here, there is plenty to do. Will sort you out with tips, do's and donts etc.

Permanent resident. Married to a local. Hope the deal works out for you all.

Anyone coming over to B.A for st paddys give me a shout nearer the time for info. Living over here, there is plenty to do. Will sort you out with tips, do's and donts etc.

Permanent resident. Married to a local. Hope the deal works out for you all.

send you some tayto if you send me some alfajores! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Any idea how I can check my connecting flight from Argentina to Brazil I can't find how to do it on the LAN website?

My ticket has a 044 prefix.

044 is Aerolineas Argentinas

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

Has anyone had any luck pre-assigning a seat on the long haul legs and if so how did you do it.

• Advertisement

Has anyone had any luck pre-assigning a seat on the long haul legs and if so how did you do it.

I did a search and apparently LH dont allow pre seat selection before check in below business class fare. You can call them and pay for it only.

Advertisement