Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Raspberry Pi has a seriously cheap competitor on the way ($9 kickstarter).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Seen that on kickstarter, looks cool, loads of accessories too, someone needs to design one of these with RGB out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

eddhorse wrote: »
    Actually its just a raspberry pi with emulation station which is free.
    You still have to put on your own "backup" roms.
    And then its a USB snes controller.

I dont get it.

feckin hell
    its a really nice case ,really neat ,, but everything listed there software wise there is open source and free (in fact looks like they had to pull retropie off it as you cant charge for it)
    I bought 2 of those snes pads for about 6 quid shipped.
    16 gb card cost me about 6 quid from memoryC,think I picked up a 32 for 10
    I picked up a pi 2 in town for 45 quid /I got B+ for 35 new (and about 10-20 second hand)
    cables and adaptors worked out at a tenner.
    tenner to make the case?
    all that's including vat
    so its around 80 in parts for the equivalent of the the 145euro pack (+10 for controller )pack with pi 2
    and 50 or 60 for the 99euro version +10 for controller pack with B+
    (and the b+ wont run much past a SNES )
    Fair play to them though selling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

New OoT world record - he did a superb job and worked hard on this one. He's already done runs at a faster pace that failed halfway through, it'll probably end up being brought down to 17:40.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems like there might be some news about Igarashi's spiritual Castlevania follow up soon.

igavania.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

PiAZe4R.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just trawling through my youtube like/favourites etc for the last 10 minutes looking for something in particular and I came across that documentary that a few of us were in a couple years ago.

I am fairly blown away by what I saw of my own collection. From what was once contained to my living room has spilled out into a spare bedroom and its all soon to be getting its own separate detached building away from the house. Not even to mention the monolith machines I have acquired aswell! Just thought it was interesting how much it had grown without me really realising it.

Cant wait to see what its like in 5 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Kind of silly, perhaps useless, but i backed it anyway and am looking forward to it(well, looking forward to them as i wanted more than one) :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/903888394/arduboy-card-sized-gaming

bMeGCza.png
    mgO6sD9.png

f0qhiQ1.gif

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seems like there might be some news about Igarashi's spiritual Castlevania follow up soon.

igavania.png

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

That the one?

Emm how long has that been on kickstarter? Its funded already with 32 days to go

*edit, not long apperantly, just jumped by 6000 while I was watching the video :O

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It only just went up. Probably the quickest I've seen a project funded, although the funded amount isn't that big.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Kind of silly, perhaps useless, but i backed it anyway and am looking forward to it(well, looking forward to them as i wanted more than one) :)

Fecker! :D

It only just went up. Probably the quickest I've seen a project funded, although the funded amount isn't that big.

I can see this one ending up in the millions!

I can see this one ending up in the millions!
    I think I might throw in some dosh, just so I can have a physical copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Steve X2 wrote: »

I'm guessing you pledged $69

I'm guessing you pledged $69

Nope, I temporarily became Steve X5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,962 ✭✭✭Doge

The new Rare game was funded insanely fast too, i think it broke a record:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival/video_share

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Grandia 2 HD on the way to Steam... awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

King Mod Rune of Power Witcher III Gaming rig competition from Caseking:

http://woobox.com/p37kek/ev7olv

Want want want, might just go ahead and order one from them if I dont win...

Thargor wrote: »

Is it just the case or do you get a nice spec pc as well?
    Case is very average looking tbh, if you dont win I'd recomend building your own and going for something nicer and probably cheaper :)

Nah its a monster pc, €1850 rrp on the site. I like simple cases like that and I love the Witcher logo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Check out this guys Pebble time watch face :) I had backed the kickstarter but cancelled as all the European ones were delayed in the euro was falling like a hot snot.

skywatch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Let me know when he does a Shark Attack 3D one! :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Spent most of the day sorting through all my stuff in storage. I'd joypads, games, accessories spread out across multiple boxes, & could never find what I wanted so this was long overdue. I may need a new spine after being crouched in the attic storage areas half the day, but twas worth it...everything is nice & tidy now. I removed all the batteries from my handhelds too while I was at it(li-ion type), after reading some PSP battery horror stories. Glad I got it all done, I'd been putting it off for ages!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

safetyboy wrote: »
    Check out this guys Pebble time watch face :) I had backed the kickstarter but cancelled as all the European ones were delayed in the euro was falling like a hot snot.

skywatch.jpg

I have the original Pebble and love the thing, I'll definitely be picking up the Pebble Time later in the year, possibly for Christmas...

Thargor wrote: »

Oh sorry, just realised I never explained, please click on that link and enter the competition as it gives me a load of extra entries, Im currently at 71 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can anyone let me know the story with a Saturn and rgb?
    I was looking at a good value rgb cable but there seems to be an issue with a Pal Saturn only outputting composite?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hmmm, I've never heard that? Have had NTSC and PAL Saturns and they both displayed RGB fine.

Definitely never heard of that either. In fact I remember a huge out cry by the gaming public at the time the Saturn was released because the PAL system came with RGB as standard and most people still only had rf or maybe composite.

• Advertisement

There you see, the danger of unfounded "facts" on the interweb!
    I'll buy one right away.
    Just rgbing the remaining consoles in the collection, including this and the CDX.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement