Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    200? Was it second hand?

Tell us where so I may pine for a console I can't afford even at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

It's a great price, at that money you couldn't pass it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Ahem.
    Diehard Mother fans rejoice! The entire cult RPG series, known here in the states as EarthBound, is coming to the 3DS... in Japan. The game was announced in a somewhat brief Nintendo Direct held yesterday evening and the fan response is already overwhelmingly positive. The game will feature all three Mother titles, for the first time on one cartridge. The first two games have been released in the past as Mother 1+2 for the GBA, but this time Japanese gamers get the trifecta.

http://tay.kotaku.com/nintendo-announces-mother-complete-for-3ds-in-japan-1554982743

Oh baby jesus.

Edit: And iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's a fake.

F**k sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Ahem.
    http://tay.kotaku.com/nintendo-announces-mother-complete-for-3ds-in-japan-1554982743

Oh baby jesus.

F**k sake.
    If it's too good to be true...
    I was gonna post it myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Ahem.

Oh baby jesus.

F**k sake.

It was last year's April fools too!
    You numpty!
    But with a name like Mr Saturn it's forgivable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

200? Was it second hand?

Someone leaving the country on Thursday and was selling off a bunch of their stuff and taking first offer.

I loathe the new controller! It pushes your hands into a weird diagonal angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

So...will someone explain to me why I saw Enda Kenny and Hulk Hogan in the same picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

If it's too good to be true...
    I was gonna post it myself

Is there any reason why it began to pop up on everyone's feed yesterday? Earthbound Central and Kotaku reported it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So...will someone explain to me why I saw Enda Kenny and Hulk Hogan in the same picture?

I reckon it had something to do with the fact they were both in the same location, and somebody had a photographic device, acutely noticing the meeting of two high profile but comically mismatched individuals was a moment worth capturing and sharing on various social media platforms. Purely conjecture, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

show me yer trinnis
    tumblr_nl9g4utrBL1u2ftudo1_1280.jpg

• Advertisement

Careful now, some of the folk around here get... aroused at the sight of scanline loveliness!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Careful now, some of the folk around here get... aroused at the sight of scanline loveliness!

Don't lie, you count yourself among us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Interesting vid here on the history of Wolfenstein

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Big Nintendo news today but in even bigger news, Gal Gun is getting a sequel on PS4.

Big Nintendo news today but in even bigger news, Gal Gun is getting a sequel on PS4.

The NuWiiU!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The much anticipated Nintendo Just To Be Clear, This Device is Not a Wii But Instead a Completely New Machine With a Whole Host of New Games That You Cannot Play on Any Other Machine U.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nintendo Xii... ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It could be another Nintendo third pillar like the DS which definitely would not replace the Gameboy line.

It could be another Nintendo third pillar like the DS which definitely would not replace the Gameboy line.

And then did replace the Gameboy line!
    Poor GB Micro, died a death after the DS release.

Whatever it is I'm hoping it will be backward compatible.
    I know this will result in another tablet based controller but I don't think that was a real deal breaker for potential customers.
    Anyway, it'll be next year before we find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Playing my first shmup ATM, R type Delta, looks really good in 240p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Star Lord wrote: »
    Nintendo Xii... ?
    Nintendo Xenu?

airmax87 wrote: »
    Playing my first shmup ATM, R type Delta, looks really good in 240p

Einhander next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

in other news, Goat Simulator coming to 360 & Xbone next month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

airmax87 wrote: »
    show me yer trinnis...

In response to airmax's post, I make no apologies for spamming scanline pics (even if they do contain annoying reflections :(). Click for larger versions.

MD games running on the Trini:

s954eTRl.jpg

2fXb3cEl.jpg

zPbyCh9l.jpg

nqElLo6l.jpg

nV31n8rl.jpg

MVS & PCB running on the BVM:

ERSvW59l.jpg

5c0Lk0Ml.jpg

KcMzlIWl.jpg

O6Hz3xel.jpg

TPmym16l.jpg

eqKHjtnl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'm been playing a bit of Sexy Parodius over the last few days, I'll stick a few pictures up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Shower With Your Dad Simulator is a real new title to watch in 2015:

It really hurts to see the PS Vita port of La Mulana EX get savaged in reviews by people that just don't understand the game :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Was trying to repair my old laptop with the idea of making it into a bartop at some stage. It doesn't seem to want to turn on at all, though the battery charged up alright.

So was trying to think up an inexpensive plan b...

Have any of you ever built a mame based machine using a Mac Mini?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Myrddin wrote: »
    Interesting vid here on the history of Wolfenstein

Great video and Uploader thanks. Ripped a load of his stuff to my phone for a load of Citylink trips I have to take this month...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thargor wrote: »
    Great video and Uploader thanks. Ripped a load of his stuff to my phone for a load of Citylink trips I have to take this month...

Yeah he does great stuff, I love the relaxed, informative, and content heavy tone of his vids. Looking forward to pt.2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement