Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I tend to categorise all of y'all by your level of affinity to DinoRex (the game, not the user). For example:

Ciderman: Anti-DinoRex
    Retr0gamer: Pro-DinoRex
    The user formerly known as Sera: Pro-DinoRex
    DinoRex: Pro-DinoRex
    o1s1n / Andrew76 - I always picture the two of you to be ambivalent, bordering on hostile concerning DinoRex.
    Sparks: Anti-DinoRex
    Myrddin: Street Fighter IV

And so on. If you are not on the list, you have not expressed any strong opinions on DinoRex (or at least I am not familiar with them), and therefore you are nothing to me.

I'm anti Dinorex but pro Monkey Fudge!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So...anyone have a go with the new Monster Hunter?.

Yep, it's bloody brilliant and I'm offically hooked on it.

I got as far as Jeremy Clarkson & suspended. Good. Shame it didn't say jailed though. Closed tab. :pac:
    eddhorse wrote: »
    Ah i was wondering who Cosmic Smash was too !! Jesus this is getting worse everyday.

I agree. Down with this sort thing etc etc.

Was monkeykube not the chap who had a blog link in his sig? And he was dying for one of the GBA Metroid's to appear on Wii-U or 3DS or something (which it now has)? Or maybe that was someone else that begins with 'm'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I could do with a sticky to keep track of all these username changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Couldnt find the dreamer thread :
    http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/gaming-bundle/7545635

Edit: missed the PS4 and Xbone in my first flick through

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Spent a good while in this tonight on the Oculus Rift DK2. Pretty awesome I have to say :)
    It runs a lot smoother than in the video(as I was capturing it via Fraps). Need a hefty machine to do it justice on the rift though.

As you can see, the arcade machines are actually running MAME and the SNES is running bsnes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Wow i think you win the frontend competition.

That is very impressive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I tend to categorise all of y'all by your level of affinity to DinoRex (the game, not the user). For example:

Ciderman: Anti-DinoRex
    Retr0gamer: Pro-DinoRex
    The user formerly known as Sera: Pro-DinoRex
    DinoRex: Pro-DinoRex
    o1s1n / Andrew76 - I always picture the two of you to be ambivalent, bordering on hostile concerning DinoRex.
    Sparks: Anti-DinoRex
    Myrddin: Street Fighter IV

And so on. If you are not on the list, you have not expressed any strong opinions on DinoRex (or at least I am not familiar with them), and therefore you are nothing to me.
    i covered donorex in one of my vids .. if i remember rightly verdict was:" silly but I liked it ":)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Spent a good while in this tonight on the Oculus Rift DK2. Pretty awesome I have to say :)
    It runs a lot smoother than in the video(as I was capturing it via Fraps). Need a hefty machine to do it justice on the rift though.

As you can see, the arcade machines are actually running MAME and the SNES is running bsnes.
    played that on the brothers DK2 ..the sense of immersion is amazing..even down to leaning over a big box of tapes to get some new 80s choons to play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭BGOllie

what is it ? where ? got a download link ?
    been playing Portal and Skyrim on mine for too long :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Guys can any of you advise me quickly please, can I pick up a tork t20 screwdriver in Dublin city centre this morning on the cheap? I know I can get the tiny tork screwdrivers in pound shops but can I get one of these somewhere? Wanna open my original xbox and give it a proper clean out today.

Any help is very much appreciated! !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

http://beta.maplin.ie/p/32-piece-precision-screwdriver-set-a26qu

€12 for a 32 piece set. Failing that, any hardware shop should carry them.

EDIT: Apologies I meant this one:

http://beta.maplin.ie/p/maplin-30-piece-14-inch-right-angled-ratchet-bits-and-socket-set-a18qx

€5.29 and has a T20 in it. Should do the job. Head over to Parnell Street and pick that sucker up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    http://beta.maplin.ie/p/32-piece-precision-screwdriver-set-a26qu

€12 for a 32 piece set. Failing that, any hardware shop should carry them.

EDIT: Apologies I meant this one:

http://beta.maplin.ie/p/maplin-30-piece-14-inch-right-angled-ratchet-bits-and-socket-set-a18qx

€5.29 and has a T20 in it. Should do the job. Head over to Parnell Street and pick that sucker up. :)

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Off I go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Holy crap they improved that since the last time I looked at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Guys can any of you advise me quickly please, can I pick up a tork t20 screwdriver in Dublin city centre this morning on the cheap? I know I can get the tiny tork screwdrivers in pound shops but can I get one of these somewhere? Wanna open my original xbox and give it a proper clean out today.

Any help is very much appreciated! !

almost all the multi driver bit sets have them these days, euro shops, mcquillans, argos, aldi, lidl, etc
    sku_42369_5.jpg

LongZ wrote: »
    what is it ? where ? got a download link ?
    been playing Portal and Skyrim on mine for too long :p

http://digitalcybercherries.com/

Some nice customisation updates coming soon as well it seems :)
    HwH0qF2.png

Also, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and change my username(slightly) :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

SteveX2?
    Srsly?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    SteveX2?
    Srsly?

No, it's "Steve X2" :)

men-old_man-lost_glasses-spectacles-absent_minded-senile-renn82_low.jpg

I didn't want my new username to take up more space on the boards servers than my old one, so I kept it the same length(and format) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

No, it's "Steve X2" :)

men-old_man-lost_glasses-spectacles-absent_minded-senile-renn82_low.jpg

I didn't want my new username to take up more space on the boards servers than my old one, so I kept it the same length(and format) :D

You should have changed it to Noah X2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

You should have changed it to Noah X2.
    Then we could call him Zoo Race

I'm going to be the individual non conformer simply by not changing my username.
    I tell you, when O1s1n gets back from where ever he is he won't know what's going on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Play retro games for Red Cross at Stockholm Arlanda and Göteborg Landvetter
    With these famous arcade video games, we make our airports even more inspiring. We want to give our passengers a fun experience at the airport while also making it possible to contribute to Red Cross operations
    I found out about it through this

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Battery number 2 done :-D

Finally plucked up the courage to try my own copy of Pokemon Gold. I feel both happy and relieved!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,041 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have everything booked for my trip to Japan in 5 weeks time. Can't ****ing wait now that that is out of the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm going to be the individual non conformer simply by not changing my username.
    I tell you, when O1s1n gets back from where ever he is he won't know what's going on!

I'm still here, omnipresent and judging, as always :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,041 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A pretty big fan translation project was released recently. Miles Edgeworth investigations 2 has received the final translation patch. So far it's the only not officially translated version of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Really enjoying Resident Evil: Revelations 2.

Half way through episode 3 and it just keeps getting better and better.

Lots of cool twists at the end of the episodes. And tonnes of references for fans of the series. Episode 3 has been pretty puzzle heavy as well.

Definitely a way better game than Evil Within.

More stuff like this please, Capcom!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Doge

DinoRex wrote: »
    Really enjoying Resident Evil: Revelations 2.

Half way through episode 3 and it just keeps getting better and better.

Lots of cool twists at the end of the episodes. And tonnes of references for fans of the series. Episode 3 has been pretty puzzle heavy as well.

Definitely a way better game than Evil Within.

More stuff like this please, Capcom!

Is there to be a full physical release?
    I'll probably wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Yep. There'll be a full disc release once all the episodes are out there.

Think next week is that last episode. 4 episodes each with about 3 hours in them... Raid mode is pretty good fun as well though.

Game really looks like it comes into it's own in co-op... seems like they've finally nailed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

"Tell me why you came here, squatting round a Game Gear like SEGA never died......"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement