Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

It's actually much much worse than I thought it possible could be :0/

qWu6Pyf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Oh god I could never inflict that on my Plex server... for shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Oh god I could never inflict that on my Plex server... for shame...

I know i know :)

MajorSpectacularJanenschia-size_restricted.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see Steve Bailey selling this on his store,
    Rally de Africa for the PS...
    It's a complete Sega Rally ripoff, and one I never knew existed!
    And now, I want to own it, feck...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I see Steve Bailey selling this on his store,
    Rally de Africa for the PS...
    It's a complete Sega Rally ripoff, and one I never knew existed!
    And now, I want to own it, feck...

Rally de Europe was the sequel to that and it's another one worth getting. Side by Side Special on the PlayStation was another good Japanese exclusive, there's so many driving games that never saw a release outside of Japan it's hard to keep up with them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Rally de Europe was the sequel to that and it's another one worth getting. Side by Side Special on the PlayStation was another good Japanese exclusive, there's so many driving games that never saw a release outside of Japan it's hard to keep up with them all.

It's mad how to today's computer graphics have surpassed the FMV's in the older games. We could only dream of graphics like the ones in the FMVs back then.

What a time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I must have missed the memo on this being released;

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I must have missed the memo on this being released;

I own it and I don't think I ever played it.
    I have a feeling the likes of Forza Motorsport and Horizon have not done GT any favours.
    Even Drive Club, once it was finished, was a far more fun game.

I own it and I don't think I ever played it.
    I have a feeling the likes of Forza Motorsport and Horizon have not done GT any favours.
    Even Drive Club, once it was finished, was a far more fun game.

Here's the thing though, you don't look for fun in whats meant to be a realistic driving simulator. ;)
    I can't ever remember GT being about fun tbh.
    The game looks absolutely gorgeous and even rivals PC simulators due to the ultra realistic lighting and motion. In fact it surpasses them in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Doge wrote: »
    Here's the thing though, you don't look for fun in whats meant to be a realistic driving simulator. ;)

Arguably though, you do...it just depends on how you define fun. For some, fun is drifting around a right hand turn by turning left, while upside down, shooting rockets form the exhaust. For others, fun is hitting an apex every time, shaving 2 or 3 tenths of a second off your best lap time, winning a challenging race etc.

Personally I like both types, arcade racers and sims.

• Advertisement

I don't really want to have to learn to drive a racing car to drive a racing car and have fun.
    I understand the place of track day simulators, and I've played my fair share, from F1GP2 on the PC back in the 90's onwards, but I don't really remember enjoying myself all that much.
    But then it's entirely subjective.
    So, I'll have a ball with Test Drive Unlimited, Burnout 2, Split Second and MSR.
    Oh, and maybe some of the Mario Karts too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Interesting arcade panel layout from Polycade. Grandson of an Atari founder related

I don't really want to have to learn to drive a racing car to drive a racing car and have fun.
    I understand the place of track day simulators, and I've played my fair share, from F1GP2 on the PC back in the 90's onwards, but I don't really remember enjoying myself all that much.
    But then it's entirely subjective.
    So, I'll have a ball with Test Drive Unlimited, Burnout 2, Split Second and MSR.
    Oh, and maybe some of the Mario Karts too!

I will say that the next Forza Horizon looks like epic fun. Being able to climb the british mountains and race hovercrafts looks great.

Right, so, I'm off to Scotland on holidays, so try not to turn the place into a tip while I'm away!

Mods are away, post rom collections!

Right, so, I'm off to Scotland on holidays, so try not to turn the place into a tip while I'm away!

Speaking of Scotland check out this clip from Horizon 4.

I'll be heading to Edinburgh in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just got a loan of the PS VR for a week. Tried a few things today
    I'll have to set it up properly buts it's good. I just want to play RE 6 mostly though.

Just got a loan of the PS VR for a week. Tried a few things today
    I'll have to set it up properly buts it's good. I just want to play RE 6 mostly though.

Try the kitchen demo also for RE7. It's really short but scary.

This is a must have cabinet for me.

I have very early memories of playing this in an arcade in Ballybunion I believe when I was less than 6 years old.

I think they had a sit-down version of the cabinet. Definitely one of my favourite arcade racers / combat games.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Final Fantasy VII production with some nice PVMs and a BVM 1911 on show.

8xz42inwzzg11.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

o1s1n wrote: »
    Final Fantasy VII production with some nice PVMs and a BVM 1911 on show.

8xz42inwzzg11.jpg

What's wrong with yer man's face on the left? :P

Anyway... got to play about an hour of the Shenmue 1 & 2 re-release last night before getting too sleepy to continue.

A few minor bugs here and there but overall I'm very impressed!

Here's an archive of a stream I did of it last night if anyone wants to check it out:

Retr0gamer, now you have all the info to beat the world record! :pac:

No blaming it on the controller this time though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I actually watched that the other day. Very interesting. However I still can't beat the game warpless!

Anyone recommend a website to pick up floppy disks cheap enough? Amazon have 10 packs for 20 quid, bit much for what I need them for

Anyone recommend a website to pick up floppy disks cheap enough? Amazon have 10 packs for 20 quid, bit much for what I need them for

Found these on Ebay, based in the UK.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/10x-HD-2MB-1-44MB-3-5-F-Disk-2HD-DS-HD-Floppy-Disc-Unformatted-White/183373989017?hash=item2ab1f10499:g:jkkAAOSwf6pbbzfH

Thats much more palatable:)
    Thanks Vestek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Picked up Shenmue this morning. Would have held off as I started it on Dreamcast but since it's acting up at the moment I took the gamble. I'll see how I get on to see if to want to spend the premium on Shenmue II.

So far not bad, just finishing looking for the sailors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

https://nintendoeverything.com/sega-ages-phantasy-star-launches-for-switch-in-september/

Phantasy Star 1 switch release is going to include an automating feature. Looking forward to this. Played it years ago on the GBA but never finished it which should be easier now that I know where I'm going.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Picked up Shenmue this morning. Would have held off as I started it on Dreamcast but since it's acting up at the moment I took the gamble. I'll see how I get on to see if to want to spend the premium on Shenmue II.

What do you mean?

You get both games as part of the bundle.

• Advertisement

DaveyDave wrote: »

This is the part I threw in the towel on a couple months back. The inabilty to fast forward time was too much for me. I have to give it another go though, what with everyone getting the remaster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement