Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

An absolute disaster unfortunately!

Ongoing thread about it on Sega-16;

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?22142-Paprium-Official-Thread/page468&

Anyone get Tanglewood? I tried the demo but wasn't too gone on it, be nice to hear others opinions on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Was going to preorder batch 2 this morning. Just bought Mega Turrican for a "relatively" alright price instead

Master of the Universe

Was going to preorder batch 2 this morning. Just bought Mega Turrican for a "relatively" alright price instead

Is that going for big money these days? Have a lovely CIB copy somewhere in my attic.

Some copies going for around £140...got mine for a bit less

Sold my original last year, so rebuying all them out of regret, as you do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Couldn't find any Famicom cart sleeves in the style of the NES ones so trying a 3D print. Works ok but is too fragile, so needs a bit more work. Basics are right though.

0RlEzHQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Problem solved, stronger and can be 3D printed in 10-12 mins each using the larger nozzle(which is why the layer lines are so big).
    Not a thing of design beauty or something to show off a 3D printer, but they work well.

ERQi2zT.jpg

Bonus side effect, they give my carts scanlines :D

LRfwOPe.jpg
    xLhsDZt.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Should market that as a feature!

"Famicom slip cases with built in scanline generator!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Plus its easier to see which game is in each sleeve, nicely done Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Paging o1s1n....paging o1s1n....:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

I've been waiting 20 years for this

Was not expecting to see that released any time ever, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Well that's a pleasant surprise. I've had an itching to play SoR/SoR2 lately...

Another bonus will be the impending Kim Justice video :cool:

The years haven't been kind to Axel :pac:

aP8si0Kh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

15353827553011586.gif

jfqnETJ.gif

Axel is fat! hope those models get reworked. Honestly though, im so ****ing happy!

I hope it lives up to the hype, SORr was awesome and still has a great fan community

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

I bet this will not live upto expectations. :P Especially with how we hold the original 3 with high esteem.

It does look better than the new double dragon game though I must say.

Master of the Universe

The models need more frames of animation to make it look less adobe flash and more like actual game characters, but yeah, hard not to get excited about this!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

cant get excited for this considering Yuzo Koshiro isn't involved. They would not be streets of rage without that music.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dear God why....

It'll be Golden Axe next....

Inviere wrote: »
    Another bonus will be the impending Kim Justice video :cool:

aaannnd right on queue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm not liking the look of the art work for the game, but I will be buying it regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I can see where Shenmue got its reputation for being a waiting game. One mission per day kinda thing.

Have to wait til 7pm to meet Charlie's cronies. Kick their ass only to find out I need to go to the tattoo parlor. Go there and find out he'll be in tomorrow. Trek home, sleep an have to wait until 2pm. Have the game on while browsing Reddit. 2pm rolls around, meet Charlie and tells me hell arrange a meeting for 3pm the next day.

I don't know what they were thinking, there's nothing to do in the game. I wouldn't mind but it's a bit of a detective game so you need to go asking around for stuff. It's really counterproductive that you have to keep waiting in between being able to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

wrote:
    hope those models get reworked...
    wrote:
    bet this will not live upto expectations...
    wrote:
    models need more frames of animation...
    wrote:
    can't get excited for this...
    wrote:
    not liking the look of the art work for the game

... is it me or ... ?
    Have gamers become an undeserving pile of whiners :D:D ??

Gentlemen, I'm sure you all feel you've valid reasons to complain about something that isn't released yet and that you haven't really experienced, but this is getting ridiculous.
    We live in a time when there hasn't been more amazingly well crafted content available, most of which we get for free or cheaper than it's ever been, and yet we can't help ourselves but complain about insignificant details.
    Or is it the compulsion to always say something negative first about someone else's hard work ?

How about we let the game be released first and then judge the overall experience before resorting to unwarranted negativity

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BGOllie wrote: »
    ... is it me or ... ?
    Have gamers become an undeserving pile of whiners :D:D ??

Gentlemen, I'm sure you all feel you've valid reasons to complain about something that isn't released yet and that you haven't really experienced, but this is getting ridiculous.
    We live in a time when there hasn't been more amazingly well crafted content available, most of which we get for free or cheaper than it's ever been, and yet we can't help ourselves but complain about insignificant details.
    Or is it the compulsion to always say something negative first about someone else's hard work ?

How about we let the game be released first and then judge the overall experience before resorting to unwarranted negativity

It's healthy cynicism. Which I feel as long as it doesn't turn into blind hate is much healthier than fanboying over something and lavishing it with praise before you've even played it. Just look at the No Man's Sky fall out for examples of that.

SoR4 might turn out to be amazing but I have reservations that it might not based on what was shown. I'd love if my concerns are unfounded when the final product is released. However I'm not going to just get excited about a game either without seeing the end result because it's... some how rude to comment about a game negatively before it's out? For every Sonic Mania or Dragon's Trap there's a Rocket Knight that totally misses the point of the original series and I think I'm allowed express concerns if I don't like the direction a game look like its going.

It's not entitlement (which is a thing and which is wrong), it's criticism and cynicism which can both be healthy in discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

If the game is going to be improved drastically from this point forward then I think they were a bit too trigger happy with the reveal.

If not then I guarantee there will far more moaning and bitching because it didn't live up to expectations. ;)

I think it's unfortunate that Blaze remains incapable of finding clothing to fit her.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think it's unfortunate that Blaze remains incapable of finding clothing to fit her.

I've no complaints.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement