Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avicii - Marlay Park- July 3rd 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

I see so many people selling tickets. is this normal before a big gig?

I'd say yea it is, there was plenty to be go before the Script at Croke Park two weeks ago. People change their mind or get caught working etc. or in this case some of the U18's may have missed the deadline for returning tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I was at SHM in the phoenix park and guetta in marlay. Security at marlay was alot tighter. But as always..EDM in ireland brings out the very worst in our society as oppossed to EDM in other countries.

I plan on getting drunk and having craic with strangers and enjoying the music while sticking with my mates hopefully. Lets hope everyone else has the same intentions..

Edit: just to add...i seen no incident at SHM. Stay with your mates and enjoy the great gig ahead!

Im the same. I saw one guy getting kicked out for fighting but you see that in every nightclub in the country. Besides that I didnt see anything and the papers over did it a bit.

Just go enjoy yourself and ignor any trouble. You arnt going to just get stabbed randomly.

95 per cent of people are there to enjoy themselves and enjoy it with others. If you ignore the trouble makers and stay away then youll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Stage times on MCD website:

AVICII 21:15
    RUDIMENTAL 19:45
    CLEAN BANDIT 18:30
    DEAD PREZIDENTS 17:30

I was a steward at Longitude last year - working with security. If you're going and you're under 18, expect to get turned away. Don't bring a photocopied passport. We did throw out people for causing trouble - arguing with security, refusing to co-operate, fights etc. There is a large security presence and gardai wandering around the venue.

In regards to security, there will be bag checks and possibly pat downs.

I'm stewarding at Avicii tomorrow night so I'll keep an eye out for anything interesting! Enjoy the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'll leave my backpack at home so, Can I bring in a beach ball :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Stage times on MCD website:

AVICII 21:15
    RUDIMENTAL 19:45
    CLEAN BANDIT 18:30
    DEAD PREZIDENTS 17:30

I was a steward at Longitude last year - working with security. If you're going and you're under 18, expect to get turned away. Don't bring a photocopied passport. We did throw out people for causing trouble - arguing with security, refusing to co-operate, fights etc. There is a large security presence and gardai wandering around the venue.

In regards to security, there will be bag checks and possibly pat downs.

I'm stewarding at Avicii tomorrow night so I'll keep an eye out for anything interesting! Enjoy the gig!

Thanks for the artist times. Different times from what someone told me but ill trust a stewart

• Advertisement

I wouldn't see there being a problem with a beach ball... but that definitely doesn't mean they won't take it from you!

It's not on the list of banned items so you're probably safe :)

Banned items list:
    Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks ETC.
    Umbrellas, selfie sticks, flagpoles, flares/fireworks, laser pens, Megaphone/airhorns, aerosols
    Illegal substances, “legal highs” , herbal highs or NoS
    Anything that can be perceived as a weapon or which could cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event.
    Professional cameras with a detachable lens, or recording equipment into the grounds.
    Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL, DRINKS, OR FOOD are permitted to be brought into the venue (with the exception of up to 500ml of water in a sealed plastic bottle)
    Animals with the exception of guide dogs
    Excessive amounts of cigarettes
    Glass including but not limited to drinks and food containers

Thanks for the artist times. Different times from what someone told me but ill trust a stewart

that's directly from the MCD website so they're the most accurate ones you'll get!

that's directly from the MCD website so they're the most accurate ones you'll get!

Yeah thata what i mmeat that id trust you a Stewart over some chap on adverts . ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone know if theyre actually enforcing the ID thing?..

The face on teeny boppers being refused would be priceless.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Alt J

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Anyone know if theyre actually enforcing the ID thing?..

The face on teeny boppers being refused would be priceless.. :p
    Ya they are definitely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Drove past Marlay a couple of hours ago. Looks like there will be a fair few passed out before the music starts. Was surprised to see Gardai turning a blind eye to people drinking from bottles of vodka. Wouldn't have a problem with cans, but straight vodka at 4 in the afternoon is never going to end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭williestroker1

Plates wrote: »
    Drove past Marlay a couple of hours ago. Looks like there will be a fair few passed out before the music starts. Was surprised to see Gardai turning a blind eye to people drinking from bottles of vodka. Wouldn't have a problem with cans, but straight vodka at 4 in the afternoon is never going to end well.
    Coming home from work earlier on the 16 was a nightmare. Kids drinking, smoking and trying to start fights. I'd say it'll be hell around Marley tonight.

My underage cousin and his gf got in easily. It was full of kids inside and out. I seen people passed out before the event even started..only in ireland lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Never got asked for ID at all yesterday. Good few I knew there and they didn't get asked either

I was there good and early as always yesterday, I enjoyed the gig for sure but for the first time in all the gigs I've gone to over the years I have to say I was really disappointed in how MCD and how the age restriction seem to have been handled from my perspective.

ID Please?
    So, I'm in my late 20's and got ID'd on the way into the venue yesterday while I'm pretty happy about that I was extremely disappointing as the evening went on to see that the demographic of the crowd appeared to be getting younger. MCD and the Gardai seemed to have ignored their own age restriction allowing children into the gig. When I say children I mean there was actually young lads that looked like they were only going into junior cert, I guess their fake ID's got them in though..

If this was going to be the case then why the **** did they make such a huff about the age restrictions? My own brother who has been a huge fan of Avicii since before he was known (when he was Tim Bergling) was stopped from going because he's 6 months short of 18 needless to say he was BEYOND annoyed when he seen that the 4th and 5th years from his school had their Snapchats and Facebook covered in pics from inside the gig.

I've absolutely nothing against the idea of letting a younger crowd in but please act like an actual business, If you're gonna have age restrictions please follow through. It's pretty simple, It's either over 18s or it's not. Simple.

The Pit

Seriously, Who thought having an open pit was a good idea? we got their good and early walking in at 4 O'clock hoping to get a pit passes as per any other open air gig only to be told there was none. The entire front area was full of people shoving in and out the entire night even while the main act was on, for the first time in years I decided to move my way back through the crowd as it just couldn't be remotely enjoyed near the front.

The Staff/Gardai
    It was great to see the amount of staff roaming around the venue yesterday, I also noticed a few lads in plain clothes weaving in and out of the crowd grabbing the nagins and what not that were snuck in. The security seemed a little under organized at times though, for example there seemed to me no staff at the gap between the front/pit area and the back area.

The Sound
    Is it just me or was there no high end for some of Avicii? Rudimental sounded awful too, I found there was no kick drum heard for some of their tracks. The majority of the time all I got was a mass amount of sub, a snare cutting through and the vocals which could have done with a few db. This seemed to have been the case no matter where I was standing at the venue, with that said Clean Bandit sounded pretty good and the same with the Dead Presidents.

The Venue
    This was my first time to Marlay and I have to say I loved it, It's a really nice venue. I found some parking pretty close thanks for another member of Boards and found everything was well placed inside the gates, you weren't walking for miles to get into the event etc. the only thing I'd change personally is the pit as mentioned above but I'm sure that setup changes for each event.

oaw3pbhzt

Alt J wrote: »
    qSDnIEW.jpg

LOL yea seen this chap, they should really sort the security around these it's like the 4th time I've seen it happen. I'll never forget the fella doing it during Eminem at Punchestown, the tower was easily triple that and he got up about half way. I can imagine security went ape on him then they got him down, I bet he had a smashing view though..

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Enjoyed Dead Presidents set, some really decent tunes. Rudimental were unreal, the buzz in the place when they finished with Feel the Love was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

DC10555 wrote: »
    So, I'm in my late 20's

What are you doing at an Avicii gig in your late 20s?!

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »

What is EDM music for under 18 kids locked on wkd only? Moron!

The Nal wrote: »

Enjoying myself? I don't see the point in your comment, maybe I should stop enjoying the music from Avicii, Clean Bandit and Rudimental because I'm older than the majority of the crowd? I guess your view on age restrictions are stronger than MCD's..:rolleyes:

Enjoying myself? I don't see the point in your comment, maybe I should stop enjoying the music from Avicii, Clean Bandit and Rudimental because I'm older than the majority of the crowd? I guess your view on age restrictions are stronger than MCD's..:rolleyes:

Go to an EDM event i any other country and the age range is all ages unlike here with teens and 18 ear olds. Its bizarre how it happens only in Ireland. Im 24 and at times, i felt i was at an underage disco. Been to events in vegas last week and the average age was far above 24.

Only in Ireland eh...

Go to an EDM event i any other country and the age range is all ages unlike here with teens and 18 ear olds. Its bizarre how it happens only in Ireland. Im 24 and at times, i felt i was at an underage disco. Been to events in vegas last week and the average age was far above 24.

Only in Ireland eh...

Haha very true man! I love Vegas for that very reason, I've been there 4 times the clubs over there are so awesome :D

Haha very true man! I love Vegas for that very reason, I've been there 4 times the clubs over there are so awesome :D

I was there once so far. Omnia was my favourite. Although tommy trash killed it at XS nightswim!

You wouldnt see 16 year old skangers wacked out of it on wkd and coke in vegas haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Bunch of scrotes surrounded the taxi my mother was in (she lives in one of the nearby estates and was trying to get home from town), and started smacking the bodywork and windows of the car and calling the driver a black bastard etc. etc.

So well done lads on scaring the ****e out of a 74 year old woman, and a man trying to earn a living, you little ****ehawks.

Bunch of scrotes surrounded the taxi my mother was in (she lives in one of the nearby estates and was trying to get home from town), and started smacking the bodywork and windows of the car and calling the driver a black bastard etc. etc.

So well done lads on scaring the ****e out of a 74 year old woman, and a man trying to earn a living, you little ****ehawks.

Is this aimed at every gig goer or just to the skangers who never did nor will have respect for anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Is this aimed at every gig goer or just to the skangers who never did nor will have respect for anyone?

The skangers who were at the Avicii gig on Friday - once you hear he's a DJ you can practically guess what half the crowd will be like. Same ****e after the Arctic Monkeys there last year, but not, strangely enough, after Paolo Nutini.

At least if they'd played the Point you don't have the audience having to tramp through a mile of residential areas when they **** off after the gig.

The skangers who were at the Avicii gig on Friday - once you hear he's a DJ you can practically guess what half the crowd will be like. Same ****e after the Arctic Monkeys there last year, but not, strangely enough, after Paolo Nutini.

At least if they'd played the Point you don't have the audience having to tramp through a mile of residential areas when they **** off after the gig.

Yea I was expecting to read more stuff like this after the event to be honest, especially given that Marlay is so close to a residential area, It's a pity these skanger arseholes can't be lined up and neutered to prevent them reproducing. The issue is alcohol and substance abuse when it comes to stuff like this, as you highlighted (which I really appreciate) it does happen at other gigs and not just dance venues. It's the group mentality when people are all together to do something stupid and wreckless without consideration for others because YOLO and selfies for life yo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Could someone name a few songs The Dead Presidents played in their set. I arrived late so i missed their set and i'm curious to know what sort of music they play. Thanks!

Advertisement