Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avicii - Marlay Park- July 3rd 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Yea WTF, I didn't see it selling out until closer to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Shreddeez

DC10555 wrote: »
    Yea WTF, I didn't see it selling out until closer to the gig.

The next question is how rough will the crowd be? Not expecting anything like that Swedish House Mafia disaster, but still not too hopeful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Shreddeez wrote: »
    The next question is how rough will the crowd be? Not expecting anything like that Swedish House Mafia disaster, but still not too hopeful.

Well his gig in T-Vital this year or last year seemed to go ahead with no major problems

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

Is this actually sold out because it seems way too soon or will more tickets come out in batches?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Is this actually sold out because it seems way too soon or will more tickets come out in batches?

They may have limited the capacity considering previous similar events.. But unless the stage is smaller than expected yiu can assume sold out :/

Christmas helped an awful lot

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They may have limited the capacity considering previous similar events.. But unless the stage is smaller than expected yiu can assume sold out :/

Christmas helped an awful lot

Yea they might be using the castle side of the park which holds about 22,000

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Shreddeez

There was more tickets available for sale the other day on ticket master, they looked to be about a euro more expensive, whatever that was about

Shreddeez wrote: »
    There was more tickets available for sale the other day on ticket master, they looked to be about a euro more expensive, whatever that was about

Sold out again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

There's always a chance more tickets may be released. Promoters always hold some tickets back for the artist(s), management, record label, media, etc and if they're not taken up, they're released to the public. When they're released, it's usually not announced so you just have to keep checking Ticketbastard and you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Max.lavelle7

Does anyone know of the big after party's?

• Advertisement

10830968_987979477903607_4965743427590456517_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone used the Marathon Sports buses to Marlay Park before. Whats the story with getting the bus back to the city after?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,311 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone used the Marathon Sports buses to Marlay Park before. Whats the story with getting the bus back to the city after?

I used them last year for Arctic Monkeys. Great getting out there, but coming out there was a few buses but to be honest my memory is very very hazy and I can't remember getting back into the city on one (to be fair it was probably our own fault), think we got a taxi after a long wait time trying to get one down on the main road. IIRC we were lucky to get one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Amcb

Does anyone know if a passport will be okay to use for avicci I don't want to risk taking anything to valuable with me and don't have age card and won't have time to order one wth me now

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Worried247

Anyone know all the times for gates/ stage times and estimated finishing time? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

Does anyone the concert is over 18s sounds like avicii will be playing to an empty house. The usual teenage scangers will probably congeragate there outside it anyway

Ticketmaster sent an email today giving the chance to under 18s to give the tickets back for a full refund...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone know the story with getting a refund for this?

I purchased a ticket last year for someone (who has now magically turned U-18 as per the terms of the refund :pac:) but plans have long since changed now and can't attend. I was going to try and flog it for less than I paid but a refund option would be extremely handy. Almost too handy in fact.

I'll give them a call on Monday to see, but for those who have taken the refund option - will it be a pain in the arse or relatively straightforward?

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone know the story with getting a refund for this?

I purchased a ticket last year for someone (who has now magically turned U-18 as per the terms of the refund :pac:) but plans have long since changed now and can't attend. I was going to try and flog it for less than I paid but a refund option would be extremely handy. Almost too handy in fact.

I'll give them a call on Monday to see, but for those who have taken the refund option - will it be a pain in the arse or relatively straightforward?

Shop bought tickets will need to be returned to the shop to obtain a refund.

Online & Phone bookings please call us on 0818 903 001 and select Option 5. Please have your order number and last 4 digits of your card when calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Postoffice123

What number can I call on to ask them about the strictly over 18s policy?

• Advertisement

What number can I call on to ask them about the strictly over 18s policy?

What exactly is your issue?..
    Are you over 18 and have proof, great attend the concert.

Are you anything other than the above? Collect your refund.or risk being refused

What exactly is your issue?..
    Are you over 18 and have proof, great attend the concert.

Are you anything other than the above? Collect your refund.or risk being refused

I want the contact number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

They seem pretty insistent on contacting them being through email at; contact@mcd.ie or customercare@mcd.ie

Once again though, if you're over 18 and have photo ID to that effect, Good. If not, Tough.

MattD wrote: »
    They seem pretty insistent on contacting them being through email at; contact@mcd.ie or customercare@mcd.ie

Once again though, if you're over 18 and have photo ID to that effect, Good. If not, Tough.

Is that the email for Marley park or ticket master? Let's just say I'm 18 six hours after. I'm 18 on the 4th. They'd want to be badly off not to let me in 6 hours beforehand like to be fair ..

Is that the email for Marley park or ticket master? Let's just say I'm 18 six hours after. I'm 18 on the 4th. They'd want to be badly off not to let me in 6 hours beforehand like to be fair ..

Marlay park don't have an email, its mcd or ticketmaster, take your pick.

They would be fully within their right to refuse to. As would an awful lot of nightclubs around the country.

You're not 18.. Be a risk, but yiu could certainly chance it.

Marlay park don't have an email, its mcd or ticketmaster, take your pick.

They would be fully within their right to refuse to. As would an awful lot of nightclubs around the country.

You're not 18.. Be a risk, but yiu could certainly chance it.

Feck sake, I don't know what to do so. Like its 3 hour drive up to Dublin, one of my friends bought a ticket with me and buses are booked so it wouldn't only affect me if I wasn't to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

They won't let you in even if it is a day in the difference. **** luck buddy.

cson wrote: »
    They won't let you in even if it is a day in the difference. **** luck buddy.

Well I rang ticket master and they said they most likely will so ya, **** luck buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Well I rang ticket master and they said they most likely will so ya, **** luck buddy.

Heh.

I don't give a rats whether you get in or not & I'm surprised Ticketmaster said that, usually very strict on things like that cos strictly speaking you're underage until 12:00am on the 4th.

Enjoy!

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    Heh.

I don't give a rats whether you get in or not & I'm surprised Ticketmaster said that, usually very strict on things like that cos strictly speaking you're underage until 12:00am on the 4th.

Enjoy!

Ya but cmon they said they were gonna have sniffer dogs for eminem. Was there any? No. They're full of bull****

Advertisement