Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avicii - Marlay Park- July 3rd 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i know every person NEEDS id but i guarantee there will be still loads of 16 year old skangers wrecking the place. i hope not as i am going. hell i wish it was an over 21 event!

EDIT: speaking of id..my id is snapped in half but selotaped back. no bouncer or officals ever mentioned it being snapped. should i just bring my passport? i assume ill be fine as i never had a problem before. im 24 and look older so theres no question of me being under 18(i wish lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Alt J

This thread is funny, under 18s looking for reassurance they will get in :D. There should be a poll on the amount of trouble, stabbings there is going to be

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jdfigsjnv

Do you think they'll except photocopied passports ?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Jdfigsjnv wrote: »

I really doubt it, Just bring the real thing.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Jdfigsjnv wrote: »

I think they will except them.

I don't think they will accept them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,429 ✭✭✭✭cson

The outrage that'll manifest itself here when shedloads don't get in based on the questions being asked here - photocopied passport? Are yiz for real? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Surely MCD will release stage times today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Surely MCD will release stage times today.

On mcd on Facebook now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

cson wrote: »
    The outrage that'll manifest itself here when shedloads don't get in based on the questions being asked here - photocopied passport? Are yiz for real? :pac:

Dear baby jeebus, please set up a youtoob streaming channel in hd and surround sound so that those of us with no interest in the concert can watch the kiddies wail and cry as they are ejected from the event whilst we munch popcorn and are spiritually nourished by their tears and dejection.

Do any of ye reckon that the underage outside marlay park that didn't get in could cause a bit of trouble for the stewards/security. Especially if they have drink consumed...

• Advertisement

Do any of ye reckon that the underage outside marlay park that didn't get in could cause a bit of trouble for the stewards/security. Especially if they have drink consumed...

I'm genuinely worried about this, If it happens the papers will have field day blaming the music as per usual for causing a bunch of rebellious teenagers who are twisted drunk for causing problems. Although they can't exactly do that if they were not even let into the venue, I've fingers crossed for a strong Gardai presence around the venue removing the usual skanger crews..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Photocopy with some form of valid ID to accompany the photocopy is accepted. IE student card where the details and photos match.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slim1996

Is it true Heiniken is the only drink they serve inside Marlay Park?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

No, there is also cider and other drinks available

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Spirits?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ive never seen cider at an MCD gig..

Normally heineken for 6 a pint, and wine.

Any source for the cider?..

Even at Slane in May, just Heineken and wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

what is the capacity for this concert?

what is the capacity for this concert?

32,000 according to Wikipedia, But it's not sold out and TBH I don't see it being sold out also keep in mind that number will most likely vary per gig..

*EDIT*

I take that back, looks like there may e a full house tomorrow according to Avicii's Facebook theres only 300 tickets remaining!
    DUBLIN! 300 tickets left for tomorrow show!

SEE YOU TOMORROW!

Dont think so

• Advertisement

They might have orchard thrives on sale..

Heineken now distribute Orchard thieves. Before hand they did not have a cider to sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Padraigoc18

first concert in years looking forward to it because Avicii is unreal, but can anyone reassure me that Marlay Park is safe over that incident during Swedish House Mafia that happened years ago, that is the only thing making me nervous??

Large security presence there, strict door policy, serious changes for better made post shm

first concert in years looking forward to it because Avicii is unreal, but can anyone reassure me that Marlay Park is safe over that incident during Swedish House Mafia that happened years ago, that is the only thing making me nervous??

The SHM incident was bad for some people and the papers made sensationalized it to sell the news in my opinion, I was there and seen none of the so called trouble. If I were you I'd just forget it even happened and enjoy the gig, you wont have anything to worry about. It's not like this is the first dance event since SHM in 2012, David Guetta seemed to go down pretty well with the increased security.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I was at SHM in the phoenix park and guetta in marlay. Security at marlay was alot tighter. But as always..EDM in ireland brings out the very worst in our society as oppossed to EDM in other countries.

I plan on getting drunk and having craic with strangers and enjoying the music while sticking with my mates hopefully. Lets hope everyone else has the same intentions..

Edit: just to add...i seen no incident at SHM. Stay with your mates and enjoy the great gig ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Padraigoc18

thanks guys eased my anxiety feel better now cant wait hopefully everyone on here stays safe and has a great time.

Ahh! Feeling the hype now!! :D:D

This gives me the chills..

Please god we'll get a good day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

I see so many people selling tickets. is this normal before a big gig?

Advertisement