Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avicii - Marlay Park- July 3rd 2015

Options
  • 15-12-2014 1:08pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ticketmaster Ireland
    Avicii has announced an open-air show at Marlay Park on Friday 03 July 2015. Special guests are Rudimental with more guest acts to be announced.
    Tickets priced €49.65 go on sale this Thursday, 18 December at 09:00 http://bit.ly/1yTtmU9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Ah Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Stab vests at the ready lads!

In all seriousness Would be surprised if this gets the go ahead, after SHM and the chaos at Calvin Harris and Tiesto, i doubt the guards will be too keen for the licence..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I might make the trip up from Limerick for this

Will tickets sell out Thursday morning or should there be no problem waiting a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I might make the trip up from Limerick for this

Will tickets sell out Thursday morning or should there be no problem waiting a while?

I don't think he will sell out fast

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I don't think he will sell out fast

What capacity is Marlay Park? Tiësto and Calvin Harris sold out the O2 in minutes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

JamieK wrote: »
    What capacity is Marlay Park? Tiësto and Calvin Harris sold out the O2 in minutes...

32,000 according to Wikipedia, The O2/3 Arena is 14,500 with full seating.. I'm 50/50 on weather it will sell out or not, does Marley Park generally have a pit during gigs there?

Also the 18+ age limit will throttle sales for sure but It's great as it will hopefully avoid any underage drinking, I just feel bad for the responsible teenagers (who drink and don't) under 18 who will miss out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was their much hassle at his gig this year in Belfast?

DC10555 wrote: »
    32,000 according to Wikipedia, The O2/3 Arena is 14,500 with full seating.. I'm 50/50 on weather it will sell out or not, does Marley Park generally have a pit during gigs there?

Also the 18+ age limit will throttle sales for sure but It's great as it will hopefully avoid any underage drinking, I just feel bad for the responsible teenagers (who drink and don't) under 18 who will miss out.

It sold out fast enough a few years ago when Guetta headlined it but Example, Wolfgang Gartner, Benny Benassi and Tommy Trash would have driven sales too. I think there was a pit when I was there...think they gave out wristbands randomly early on in the day for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Postoffice123

My 18th birthday is the 4th of July will they let me off if I bring my passport to show this?

My 18th birthday is the 4th of July will they let me off if I bring my passport to show this?

...it begins...

• Advertisement

Nope.

If its their normal bouncers you havent a chance. It's 18s.. you will.not be,.smae.rules as a nightclub/pub.. no.

Chance it if you want, but they probably will refuse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dorphin

anyone else know how strict the over 18 thing will be?

dorphin wrote: »
    anyone else know how strict the over 18 thing will be?

Going my previously when mcd have said it, very!

Got my 2!

I picked up 3 juts now, I doubt it will sell out, be sure to go listen to the Rudimental Home Album before this lads! Sick album..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lukethelad

if i book my tickets tommorow will there still be some does anyoe know? and is there any close place to camp?

lukethelad wrote: »
    if i book my tickets tommorow will there still be some does anyoe know? and is there any close place to camp?

Loads.

And camping near Marlay park?.. Nope.. Stay in Dublin city centre and get a bus out is your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lukethelad

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Loads.

And camping near Marlay park?.. Nope.. Stay in Dublin city centre and get a bus out is your best bet

ok thanks :) sound for the fast reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,307 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ya Rudimental are pretty good and look to be a serious outfit live. Really wanna see them live to be honest, especially after missing out twice in the last 2 years. Actually saw Avicii live a few years ago by chance and was ok. Didn't like it all that much at the time but in hindsight it was ok. Wouldn't be going to him again tho to be honest.

Don't agree with all the stereotypes and hope nothing causes them to be brought up again next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Will it not be difficult to ID every person who looks under 21 with the amount of people rushing in? Bought my sister a ticket but she'll be 17, has some sort of ID though I think. People I asked said they won't be strict at all but now I'm doubting it?

• Advertisement

Beca19 wrote: »
    Will it not be difficult to ID every person who looks under 21 with the amount of people rushing in? Bought my sister a ticket but she'll be 17, has some sort of ID though I think. People I asked said they won't be strict at all but now I'm doubting it?

It's hard to say really what will happen but my guess is they will have a two checkpoints one for ID then followed by the normal search an ticket scan this way it would avoid the rush filtering out anyone trying to get in underage etc, One thing I will say is that it's the first time I've seen Ticketmaster email me a reminder after a ticket purchase highlighting the fact that it is strictly over 18s only.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 IrishAir98

DC10555 wrote: »
    It's hard to say really what will happen but my guess is they will have a two checkpoints one for ID then followed by the normal search an ticket scan this way it would avoid the rush filtering out anyone trying to get in underage etc, One thing I will say is that it's the first time I've seen Ticketmaster email me a reminder after a ticket purchase highlighting the fact that it is strictly over 18s only.

Would this have anything to do with the incident at Hardwell in belfast earlier this year with over 40 teenagers being taken ill from drugs/alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

JamieK wrote: »

The capacity for Arctic Monkeys at Marlay Park last year was 41,000.

The capacity for Arctic Monkeys at Marlay Park last year was 41,000.

Bit of a difference from the 32,000 on Wikipedia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Bit of a difference from the 32,000 on Wikipedia

You should never trust Wikipedia. Best source for accurate capacities is the Licence application which gets lodged with Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown Council.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Sounds like the total scanger fest

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Any ideas on who else for support, can see someone like Martin Garrix or Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Shreddeez

Has this sold out?

Shreddeez wrote: »
    Has this sold out?

Apparently
    Ticketmaster showing none available

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Apparently
    Ticketmaster showing none available