Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies 10 round numbers 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Name|400m<70 secs|800m<3min|1 mile<6 min|3k<12min|5k<20min|5mile<35min|10k<40m|10miles<70min|Half Marathon<100mins|Marathon<200min

career move||||| |||||
    Bungy Girl||| |||| ||||
    HelenAnne|||5.55 |||34.52| |||
    Dubgal|||5:52 |11:34||33:28| |69:28||

This is from the third leg of yesterday's road relays. It was pretty much a solo run as my team mate did a fantastic job handing over by edging into fourth place on her finishing straight 2 mile leg finish, giving me a 10 metre gain on fifth. It put me in the strange place of being hunted and hunting...Donore were in third, maybe 100m ahead. Nevertheless, I was determined to close the gap...and not be caught :D I didn't catch the Donore girl but her time for that leg was 5:58 so I was able to close on her.
    Looks like my leg was the second fastest *mile* leg overall at 5:52, fastest was the third Raheny athlete at 5:51 so not too much in it :) Happy happy out with this! The course is ? long so the mile may have been around the 5:4x mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Name|400m<70 secs|800m<3min|1 mile<6 min|3k<12min|5k<20min|5mile<35min|10k<40m|10miles<70min|Half Marathon<100mins|Marathon<200min

career move||||| |||||
    Bungy Girl||| |||| ||||

This is from the third leg of yesterday's road relays. It was pretty much a solo run as my team mate did a fantastic job handing over by edging into fourth place on her finishing straight 2 mile leg finish, giving me a 10 metre gain on fifth. It put me in the strange place of being hunted and hunting...Donore were in third, maybe 100m ahead. Nevertheless, I was determined to close the gap...and not be caught :D I didn't catch the Donore girl but her time for that leg was 5:58 so I was able to close on her.
    Looks like my leg was the second fastest *mile* leg overall at 5:52, fastest was the third Raheny athlete at 5:51 so not too much in it :) Happy happy out with this! The course is 50-70m long so the mile may have been around the 5:40 mark.

Amazing time!! Well done! the solo run thing is hard, isn't it? We turned out to be 7th, and like you I had a Clonliffe runner about 100m ahead, and I found it much harder than running in more of a pack.
    How much would you knock off for it being over a mile? My time was 6.12, which I was pretty disappointed with, but I didn't realise the course was long, so that gets it much nearer to 6, I think ...

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Amazing time!! Well done! the solo run thing is hard, isn't it? We turned out to be 7th, and like you I had a Clonliffe runner about 100m ahead, and I found it much harder than running in more of a pack.
    How much would you knock off for it being over a mile? My time was 6.12, which I was pretty disappointed with, but I didn't realise the course was long, so that gets it much nearer to 6, I think ...

Thanks Helen, and to you! It is definitely harder running solo, but I did have 'the fear' of being caught which spurred me on :) I'm not sure how much to take off, around ten seconds I suppose. Anyone else any opinion?!

Thanks Helen, and to you! It is definitely harder running solo, but I did have 'the fear' of being caught which spurred me on :) I'm not sure how much to take off, around ten seconds I suppose. Anyone else any opinion?!
    Around 10 secs makes me a feel a bit better!
    Really well done to you on your 2nd fastest mile of the race! Our runner who ran 5.51 is very fast, and she had the fear of losing first position and losing the Raheny Masters' winning streak over the last few years to spur her on :)

Really well done to you on your 2nd fastest mile of the race! Our runner who ran 5.51 is very fast, and she had the fear of losing first position and losing the Raheny Masters' winning streak over the last few years to spur her on :)

It really worked!! There were only four seconds separating her and second place at changeover and she extended it to a 12 second lead at the finish! Fear is a great whip :D

Ps fantastic winning streak by you guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

I seem to be getting notifications due to my reply the other day. I was the one behind you Dubgal72 and I did my best but you were too strong, fair play you had a great run.

I wore my garmin and it gave me 16 seconds for the 'extra' bit, I got 5.48 for the mile on my watch and 6.04 for the lap of the course which was bang on.

*edited because I clearly can't add :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

On the subject of the length of the loop, I understand that it's 30m long. So your time is for 1,639m. So you can divide by 1639 and multiply by 1609, to get an equivalent mile (or just subtract 2%). 5:46 for Dubgal72 and 6:05 for you HelenAnne. This of course pre-supposes that the 30m extra is accurate.

God this is mad but I think I was talking to you HelenAnne at the start, I was asking you who was taking from Annette for the last leg and you said it was Jenny beside you. I was in red and have red hair.

I seem to be getting notifications due to my reply the other day. I was the one behind you Dubgal72 and I did my best but you were too strong, fair play you had a great run.
    Ah, well done...and thanks, you put 'the fear' into me, and some! I know your name now, from your supporters, but I have no idea what anyone looks like cos i was so nervous :)
    I wore my garmin and it gave me 16 seconds for the 'extra' bit, I got 5.48 for the mile on my watch and 6.04 for the lap of the course which was bang on.

*edited because I clearly can't add :-D
    Can we go with your calculations over KC's ;)
    On the subject of the length of the loop, I understand that it's 30m long. So your time is for 1,639m. So you can divide by 1639 and multiply by 1609, to get an equivalent mile (or just subtract 2%). 5:46 for Dubgal72 and 6:05 for you HelenAnne. This of course pre-supposes that the 30m extra is accurate.
    Thanks KC, and for doing the maths (you may know this is not my strong point...)
    God this is mad but I think I was talking to you HelenAnne at the start, I was asking you who was taking from Annette for the last leg and you said it was Jenny beside you. I was in red and have red hair.
    Argh, that's a shame, I tell you, we need some Masonic-boardsie hand shakes going on :D

• Advertisement

That was me! Yes, I think I remember -- were you Drogheda & District?? Did you have a pony tail? Really well done! It was a great race.

I suppose it depends where in that very long box you do your handover -- some lap 1 & 2 runners didn't get to touch until nearly out of the box, so they would have run further than those who slapped hands just over the first line ...

In any case, for this race it's all about how you do relative to others, and I think my time (the full one not the new modified mile one :pac:) was just about bang in the middle of the 30 or so milers' times, which I'm really happy with. I was so surprised (shocked! Appalled!) to be picked for a team that finishing in the middle of the field reassures me that it wasn't a terrible mistake to choose me :).

well run all!! At least I met MarthaStew & Laura ac in person!

That was me! Yes, I think I remember -- were you Drogheda & District?? Did you have a pony tail? Really well done! It was a great race.

Yes that's me. Well done yourself, great day out, delighted to take part. Gonna try yer man above's calculations and see what my mile was.

Dammit that gives me 5.59, I've done better than that a few weeks ago. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

career move||||| |||||
    Bungy Girl||| |||| ||||

Looks like my leg was the second fastest *mile* leg overall at 5:52, fastest was the third Raheny athlete at 5:51 so not too much in it :) Happy happy out with this! The course is ? long so the mile may have been around the 5:4x mark.

DG, you are owning this table! well done again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

annapr wrote: »
    DG, you are owning this table! well done again...

I think we'll have to send her over to the 'other' table once she has this one completed which seems like it will be sooner rather than later! We don't want her feeling unchallenged!

Haha, pressure, much?! Sub-5 minute mile within 12 months? :eek:

career move||||| |||||
    Bungy Girl||| |||| ||||
    Dubgal|||5:52 |11:34|19:29|33:28| |69:28||

This is not the official time, it may be out by a couple of secs either way...but either way, I am really very happy with this. My last 5k was in December, 20:33 and a short-medium term goal has been to break 20.
    It was the Wicklow County Road Championships and we were led off by no better than Fionnuala Britton who won the senior race in 18:2x
    I think I finished 5th or 6th overall but got a bronze medal for being third in my category :D We are waiting on confirmation on senior team gold so all in all...I am a very happy (and nicely tired) athlete.
    Ps, it hurt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

^^^I'd a feeling you were gonna pull something like that outa the bag.
    LEGEND!!!
    And the exciting thing is, there is SO much more to come!
    Big congrats DG!

Looking forward to the report on this one... !

• Advertisement

career move||||| |||||
    Bungy Girl||| |||| ||||
    Dubgal||2:45|5:52 |11:34|19:29|33:28| |69:28||

I'm sticking this 800m time in (it was called by the starter at the 800m mark during a recent 1500m) as I don't think I'll be doing a standalone 800m this season. The 10k is my next target, the HM will have to wait for September I think and hopefully I'll get a chance to time trial a 400 over the next few weeks. The marathon will have to wait til next year but if I get 9/10 of these, I will be a happy runner :)

Brilliant! You are really filling the table!

My goal is a sub-20 5k sometime in 2015. I've knocked 30 seconds off my 5k time since January (not off my PB, but I've been gradually improving on 2014 all this year), so at this rate I might do it in November :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Aargh, if this was a school report I'd have 'could do better' all over it :o. Best case scenario I hope to have another attempt at the 5 mile and a first attempt at the 800m before hanging up my racing flats for a summer of 'base building'. Then maybe perhaps and possibly if I can shake the curse that hangs over my longer distance races :rolleyes: I'll have a go at the Half Marathon target in November.

Can't see any of the other distances happening this year.

The five mile is the first one I did this year too -- I bet you'll do it, and once you get one number on the 2015 table you'll be raring to add more! :)

The five mile is the first one I did this year too -- I bet you'll do it, and once you get one number on the 2015 table you'll be raring to add more! :)

Thanks HelenAnne, I just need to find 7 seconds for the 5 miler since the last attempt so fingers crossed!

I love reading this thread, well done girls, great to see it filling up.

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Thanks HelenAnne, I just need to find 7 seconds for the 5 miler since the last attempt so fingers crossed!

You're doing Terenure right???? :D

annapr wrote: »
    You're doing Terenure right???? :D

Yup (injury permitting :(). Otherwise there's one in Dunboyne a couple of weeks later.

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Yup (injury permitting :(). Otherwise there's one in Dunboyne a couple of weeks later.

Last year Terenure had pacers, if that would help?

• Advertisement

Last year Terenure had pacers, if that would help?

I'm counting on them :o !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement