Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies 10 round numbers 2015

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Tough ;) "we" do....

Well at least 3 women have posted here that they don't get the fuss and have no issue with the term.

B Grade only is the way to go, but yet you wanted to keep the female only table as well. You can't have it both ways. 2 simple tables, A Grade and B Grade, in separate threads would remove all this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Yes but I think the point that DG made with her subsequent post is that one isn't confined to gentlemen. Ladies/women/Females/non males can post their times there if they achieve them. Which has been done before I believe.

Ye lost me there laura. Is that like the Peoples front of Judea and the Judean's peoples front?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Well at least 3 women have posted here that they don't get the fuss and have no issue with the term.

B Grade only is the way to go, but yet you wanted to keep the female only table as well. You can't have it both ways. 2 simple tables, A Grade and B Grade, in separate threads would remove all this nonsense.

I agree about B grade. I want to be able to post in a B grade table. I don't want to post in a ladies/b grade table. I acknowledge that a compromise has been made, I just don't feel comfortable anymore posting in a table where this contextual anachronism is being used. Now, it's a matter of principle. It matters to me.

I agree about B grade. I want to be able to post in a B grade table. I don't want to post in a ladies/b grade table. I acknowledge that a compromise has been made, I just don't feel comfortable anymore posting in a table where this contextual anachronism is being used. Now, it's a matter of principle. It matters to me.

You posted in it last year. Many times. If it annoyed you so much why did you not speak up in the 365 days it was active?

You posted in it last year. Many times. If it annoyed you so much why did you not speak up in the 365 days it was active?

Rising damp. It's annoying me now.

Oh and PS , I was a newbie ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

For the record I'm a 4th, couldn't give a fiddle. But I don't see where they wanted to keep the ladies' one too? They all seem to prefer the B until it lived a short life. Could be wrong on that though??

tunguska wrote: »
    Ye lost me there laura. Is that like the Peoples front of Judea and the Judean's peoples front?

Say whaaat? Now we're both lost :)

For the record I'm a 4th, couldn't give a fiddle. But I don't see where they wanted to keep the ladies' one too? They all seem to prefer the B until it lived a short life. Could be wrong on that though??

I think the most recent (of many) issues is the attempt to keep a female only tables alongside the B Tables. This was ridiculous and has led to the merged tables. This is a problem which has been directly caused by the ones now complaining about it.

http://youtu.be/gb_qHP7VaZE

:D

Tough ;) "we" do....

Is that the Royal "We", like the way the Dude uses it in everyday exchanges?

"Life of Brian" laura........jeez(insert rolles eyes emoticon).

• Advertisement

"Life of Brian" laura........jeez(insert rolles eyes emoticon).

Ah. Never got around to that film much to the disgust of my OH. On the to do list though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Surely, the "B" Grade thread was the perfect compromise?

There are people who apparently don't care what the title of the thread is and another group who do.

So, why antagonise those who actually don't want to post in a "ladies" thread?

The "ladies and b grade" name is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Almost 5 pages of arguing.
    Nobody got any running/training to do? No?

Is that the Royal "We", like the way the Dude uses it in everyday exchanges?

Ah no, lower case = prole 'we' ;) No monarchs in my glen :D
    yaboya1 wrote: »

Hope you're at least doing your stretches as you're reading the 5 pages :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Sacksian wrote: »

There are people who apparently don't care what the title of the thread is and another group who do.

Great points there.
    They clearly care a lot more about being called 'ladies' than they're making out. ;)
    Yeah loads. A race and 47miles so far since Sunday. You?

Ososlo wrote: »
    Great points there.
    They clearly care a lot more about being called 'ladies' than they're making out. ;)

Was that a unisex race or confined to women/ladies/girls/......?
    I'll stick to posting any miles I run in my log ;)

Was that a unisex race or confined to women/ladies/girls/......?
    I'll stick to posting any miles I run in my log ;)

It was women and men. Didn't spot any ladies.

Great stuff. I'll do the same. Just answering your question;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I have a suggestion. Let's call it the "Gals' 10 round Numbers 2016".

dubgal would surely approve?

Just answering your question;)
    You?

Doesn't read like an answer to me.
    Maybe women see it differently though?

I like Girls. Girls is a cool term. Its fun. Women is stuffy and formal. Down with women!! Up with girls!!

• Advertisement

Doesn't read like an answer to me.
    Maybe women see it differently though?

This is contributing to the silliness of what's going on here.

Can we just call it the '10 Round Numbers 2016 B Grade' thread Mods, and move on with discussing targets for 2016?

This is contributing to the silliness of what's going on here.

Fair enough. I'll bow out of this now, along with all the other ridiculous threads that are present on the forum at the moment. It's becoming clear to me why some people have closed their accounts.
    Can we just call it the '10 Round Numbers 2016 B Grade' thread Mods, and move on with discussing targets for 2016?

I (along with most others I'd imagine) couldn't give a **** what it's called. I'll leave the petty arguments to the rest of you.

Fair enough. I'll bow out of this now, along with all the other ridiculous threads that are present on the forum at the moment. It's becoming clear to me why some people have closed their .

Couldn't agree with you more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sacksian wrote: »

I agree. It was fine as ladies. If people are unwilling to accept the compromise laid out, then so be it. We're not having duplicate threads running with the same table in each. It has been called the ladies 10 round numbers for years, with no issue. It was fine. I, and many others disagree with having b grade targets. With the belief it takes away from the heart of the challenge. One poster has already described how hard he worked to get one target so he could get his name up in the other thread, to now have a b grade that is the same time he worked his ass off for to get his name on the table makes a mockery of the work he put in. I'm sure there would others who did similar. I can assure you there are a lot more people who wish for it to remain as is than there are who wish for it to change.

The use of the term ladies is a discussion better suited to the ladie's lounge byw, we're not discussing it here anymore.

We've aleady had one closed account over this rubbish, let's not have any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Great points there.

The very essence of gender equality. Mileage dick-waving isn't just for the men.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

And I think we have reached rock bottom. That's it, folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement