Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies 10 round numbers 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Well done DubGal! Amazing time! And MurphD, did I see you after? I was do addled I can't remember! Thanks again for the encouragement beforehand, and to you for that too Bungy Girl!

It was great to chat with you HelenAnne! I had been really nervous beforehand but then got talking to you and forgot all the nerves. Congrats again on your PB, and good luck for Sunday, assume that's still on the plan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Well done DubGal! Amazing time! And MurphD, did I see you after? I was do addled I can't remember! Thanks again for the encouragement beforehand, and to you for that too Bungy Girl!

We exchanged a high five and a few words, yes. Well done again. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Only one person missing now from the sub 100 Half.... cough, cough, Career Move.... there's still time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

^^^ooh hadn't spotted that! Looks like the 5 mile could be filled up too. BUT NOT TIL AFTER THE MARATHON, OK FEENAM?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FeenaM

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    ^^^ooh hadn't spotted that! Looks like the 5 mile could be filled up too. BUT NOT TIL AFTER THE MARATHON, OK FEENAM?! :D

Lol, I have my heart set on the 1 mile when I get back to track sessions (after the marathon for definite) and jingle bells for the 5k ;-)

• Advertisement

FeenaM wrote: »
    Lol, I have my heart set on the 1 mile when I get back to track sessions (after the marathon for definite) and jingle bells for the 5k ;-)

Ok so, you can start off 2016 with the Raheny 5 mile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FeenaM

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Ok so, you can start off 2016 with the Raheny 5 mile :D

Ooh, sounds like a plan. Off I go to do up race plan for 2016 :-)

Just got these from the organisers. Hopefully of interest to a few here :D

ALSAA Athletics
    www.alsaa.ie
    Track Race Series 15/16
    Date Time Distance
    • 20th Oct 1930 1 mile
    • 17th Nov 1930 3000m
    • 8th Dec 1930 1 mile
    • 19th Jan 1930 3000m
    • 16th Feb 1930 1 mile
    • 22th Mar 1930 3000m
    Annual Peter Doody Memorial race
    • 12th Apr 1930 1 mile

VENUE: ALSAA SPORTS CENTRE, DUBLIN AIRPORT
    ENTRY: 5 EURO per race or 25 EURO per series.
    These races are organised to facilitate athletes of all standards during the Winter/Spring training season. Use them as an introduction to track racing, speed session or to judge race fitness.
    EVERYONE WELCOME
    For info: Contact Gerry Martin @ 087-2132244 or Eugene Foley @ 086-3835695.

^^^^ temptress.... :mad: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

When they say everyone welcome do they really mean it? I'd like to give track a go, but would be doing well to do a 7 minute mile.

• Advertisement

chickey2 wrote: »
    When they say everyone welcome do they really mean it? I'd like to give track a go, but would be doing well to do a 7 minute mile.

They really do! Last year I did the mile on two occasions and they divided it into two races: sub 6 and 6+ mins with plenty of us in the latter group. Very friendly and welcoming set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Rathfarnham 5k - 20.03. for feck's sake!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Damm twas you I saw, wasn't sure - well done!! Only 3 seconds off a sub 20 is bloody fantastic

Firedance wrote: »
    Damm twas you I saw, wasn't sure - well done!! Only 3 seconds off a sub 20 is bloody fantastic

Thank you! It was a 2 sec PB, I suppose, but why couldn't I have pulled out a 4-secs faster sprint at the end :). Were you running or cheering? If running, how did you get on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Thank you! It was a 2 sec PB, I suppose, but why couldn't I have pulled out a 4-secs faster sprint at the end :). Were you running or cheering? If running, how did you get on??

next time...:) running, very happy with my sub 25 (at last!)

Firedance wrote: »
    next time...:) running, very happy with my sub 25 (at last!)

Oh well done!! It's great to get a pb and even better when it's under a round number! 😀

ETA: don't know what those symbols above are, they were meant to be congratulatory smiley faces.

well done!! and also aaargh for those 3 seconds... but that means you are there, any day now :)

annapr wrote: »
    well done!! and also aaargh for those 3 seconds... but that means you are there, any day now :)

+1. Jingle Bells ? Or even sooner than that probably. Well done on the PB, it's a savage time !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

What did you go through the first mile in? I ran 19:47 and went through the first mile in 5:35!!! Not sure if the marker was in the wrong spot, or if it was down to my incredibly poor ability to pace distance races.

Chivito550 wrote: »
    What did you go through the first mile in? I ran 19:47 and went through the first mile in 5:35!!! Not sure if the marker was in the wrong spot, or if it was down to my incredibly poor ability to pace distance races.

I'm not v happy with my pacing either:

6.28, 6.41, 6.18, 0.38

Mile one was about what I wanted to run (I was aiming for about 6.30, 6.30, 6.20 - but I know I'll need to go faster in future to be sure), but I don't know what happened in mile 2! I know there was a drag, but I was concentrating on keeping the pace up, and I was passing so many people that I thought I was doing ok. I should have looked at my watch more.

Well done, you! You must have been neck-and-neck with my clubmate, she ran 19.47 as well.

• Advertisement

annapr wrote: »

Sorry to derail thread but, v, v nice to meet you again on Saturday. I didn't recognise you with your hair down. Annapr & Murph D have the same sort of (v nice!) hairstyles while running or every-daying, but yours looked very different!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Sorry to derail thread but, v, v nice to meet you again on Saturday. I didn't recognise you with your hair down. Annapr & Murph D have the same sort of (v nice!) hairstyles while running or every-daying, but yours looked very different!

Hmmn, I think you mean me? Anna and D don't have hair to tie up? Sorry you didn't make the table, disgustingly close and a great run by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I'm not v happy with my pacing either:

6.28, 6.41, 6.18, 0.38

Mile one was about what I wanted to run (I was aiming for about 6.30, 6.30, 6.20 - but I know I'll need to go faster in future to be sure), but I don't know what happened in mile 2! I know there was a drag, but I was concentrating on keeping the pace up, and I was passing so many people that I thought I was doing ok. I should have looked at my watch more.

Well done, you! You must have been neck-and-neck with my clubmate, she ran 19.47 as well.

Ah that's fairly good pacing. First mile is downhill. To make you feel better here's my splits:

5:34
    7:15 (including a 1:11 from 3k to 2mile WTF)
    6:56 (for last 1.1 miles, I missed the 3 mile marker)

Bit silly having splits in miles for a km measured race.

Yeh there were 2 girls near me in the closing stages, one from Raheny and one from Boherneen, judging by the pics. I managed to kick past them in the last 50 or so.

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Ah that's fairly good pacing. First mile is downhill. To make you feel better here's my splits:

5:34
    7:15 (including a 1:11 from 3k to 2mile WTF)
    6:56 (for last 1.1 miles, I missed the 3 mile marker)

Bit silly having splits in miles for a km measured race.

Yeh there were 2 girls near me in the closing stages, one from Raheny and one from Boherneen, judging by the pics. I managed to kick past them in the last 50 or so.

The Raheny girl is my clubmate. I saw her lining up, but started a few rows back as she's faster than me (as our results show :)), but I wish now I'd tried to keep her in sight and chased her. Next time!

I actually really liked the mile markers as I don't really have a feel for kilometre pacing. I can't imagine the effort needed for a 4 min km, for example, while I can more easily estimate if I'm running a 6.30 mile (though I am far from exact). I think that's because I run a lot of 2 and 3-mile races.

aquinn wrote: »
    Hmmn, I think you mean me? Anna and D don't have hair to tie up? Sorry you didn't make the table, disgustingly close and a great run by you.

I DO MEAN YOU!! Sorry! Your user names always confuse me. I know both your names and who's who in real life :).

I DO MEAN YOU!! Sorry! Your user names always confuse me. I know both your names and who's who in real life :).

whew, that's a relief :D

annapr wrote:
    whew, that's a relief

Huh? Why so relieved? You got to be ME!

aquinn wrote: »
    Huh? Why so relieved? You got to be ME!

:pac: :pac:

I'm the one with the nice hair too.
    Great to see you Helen and am sure will see you before Jingle Bells. Sorry about the 3 seconds, cruel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

For those in the Greystones area another opportunity to tick off your mile time

https://www.facebook.com/events/476183709210375/
    Kilcoole Athletic Club will hire Charlesland Athletic Track for 2 hours on 10 October, between 12.00 – 2.00 pm (note - latest possible time for entry is 1.45 pm), to host a ‘run a mile…’ charity event. During this time the track will be available for everybody – runners and non-runners – to come along, ‘run (or walk) a mile’, and make a financial contribution (suggested donation – adults €10; children €any) to aid the most vulnerable of refugees. Participants can race it, run it, jog it, or walk it, and can even cut it short if a mile is too much of a challenge. It will be open to all ages, and every cent raised will go to UNICEF’s children’s refugee fund. It will be a fun event, so we ask you to make a special effort to come along on the day and ‘run your mile’, and would be delighted if you could advertise this event as widely as possible among your family and friends. Track rules determine that appropriate running shoes and loose clothing must be worn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement