Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies 10 round numbers 2015

Options
  • 09-12-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I'm starting this now as there seems to be a good bit of interest at the moment and hopefully we can keep it going.

I had a disappointing 2014 with injury and stuff but things are going in the right direction at the moment. My first goal will be the sub 20 5k. I ran 20:14 in the Jingle Bells last week and while it is an easy course I'm hoping I can continue the momentum. I'll go for it in the Tom Brennan on new years day but if that doesn't work out, I'll do a couple of parkruns in Vicarstown. I'll look into joining Templemore AC in the new year. They have a track so hopefully I'll be able to belt out a few of the shorter ones during the year as well. The 10k I'll aim for the kclub in April and the 10m I'll have a go at in Craughwell in March. There's a fast 10m in Dundrum during the summer so I'll have that as a back up. I'll leave the HM till the autumn I'd say - probably do the one in Monasterevin. No marathon for me this year

For anyone who wasn't on the thread last year :rolleyes: or who isn't familiar with tables on Boards, just quote the most recent post, add your name where the letter is, and your times when they happen, remove the quote tags and post.

Right let's get this party started .... :D

Name|400m<70 secs|800m<3min|1 mile<6 min|3k<12min|5k<20min|5mile<35min|10k<40m|10miles<70min|Half Marathon<100mins|Marathon<200min

career move||||| |||||
    b||| |||| |||
    c||| |||| |||
    d||| |||| |||

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Thanks for being the 2015 party starter CM, looking forward to seeing you fill those boxes. I don't think I'll get as far as you (in 2015 ;-) but I'll be giving some of them a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Thanks for being the 2015 party starter CM, looking forward to seeing you fill those boxes. I don't think I'll get as far as you (in 2015 ;-) but I'll be giving some of them a shot.

You're welcome. I'm sure you'll get much farther than me with all your track experience :) It would be good fun if we could get a few people into this so we could have a bit of banter here through the year and a bit of rivalry to spur us on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Thanks Career Move. I'm going to give this a go. I think the 5 miler might be my best chance. If I don't retire in a blaze of glory after that :D then the 800m might be on the agenda. But not the 400m :eek:*

*How would one train for a 400m out of interest ? (I'm asking for a friend..) Would it be 100m and 200m reps at faster than target pace ? Haven't a clue so just asking (for my friend)

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Thanks Career Move. I'm going to give this a go. I think the 5 miler might be my best chance. If I don't retire in a blaze of glory after that :D then the 800m might be on the agenda. But not the 400m :eek:*

*How would one train for a 400m out of interest ? (I'm asking for a friend..) Would it be 100m and 200m reps at faster than target pace ? Haven't a clue so just asking (for my friend)

Cool. Stick ye're names in the table :D

Maybe check out chivito's log for some tips on the 400m training. It's probably a few pages back in the training logs .... it doesn't get much traffic :p

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I reckon the 800 in 3 minutes is probably the easiest one to hit - I wasn't too far off it as the first half of a Christmas Day GOAL mile a few years back, and I'm not fast by any stretch of the imagination.

• Advertisement

Name|400m<70 secs|800m<3min|1 mile<6 min|3k<12min|5k<20min|5mile<35min|10k<40m|10miles<70min|Half Marathon<100mins|Marathon<200min

career move||||| |||||
    Bungy Girl||| |||| |||
    c||| |||| |||
    d||| |||| |||

Gulp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Cool. Stick ye're names in the table :D

Maybe check out chivito's log for some tips on the 400m training. It's probably a few pages back in the training logs .... it doesn't get much traffic :p

Prefer to go for quality over popularity, like an underground rock band. Though occasionally I have sold out to the masses by doing a parkrun!

Argh, tumbled at the first hurdle. Can you add me please, my iPad and boards do not get on....

career move||||| |||||
    Bungy Girl||| |||| |||
    Dubgal72||| |||| |||
    d||| |||| |||

Welcome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I'm not going to put myself on the table yet ... I think it jinxed me last year :). IF (and it's not looking too likely) I break 35 at the Raheny 5 I might try for some of the others.
    Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Your edit is so ironic.....:D

Edit: Before you changed it!

Guess what my actual professional day job is ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

career move||||| |||||
    Bungy Girl||| |||| |||
    Dubgal72||| |||| |||
    Mulberry||| |||| |||

Having been injured for all of 2014 (and still not fixed) this is a bit ambitious of me! With a bit of luck I'l be fixed and back in shape by this time next year so hopefully I'll be able to add to at least one column! The 800m maybe or the mile. Fingers crossed.

Here's to a healthy, fit and injury-free 2015 for us all ;)

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Guess what my actual professional day job is ... :rolleyes:

English teacher? :)

yaboya1 wrote: »
    English teacher? :)

Editor.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

So, there is mention in one of the logs about adding a 200m time to this...not sure what would be in line with the other times. I thought 40 seconds - too easy? would 35 be too hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

So, there is mention in one of the logs about adding a 200m time to this...not sure what would be in line with the other times. I thought 40 seconds - too easy? would 35 be too hard?

40 is way too easy. 35 is fairly easy aswell, and it's not a round number. I'd go with 30. 30 seconds probably equates to about a 66-67 400m. Would this be too challenging considering the purpose is to encourage more people to try such events?

Chivito550 wrote: »
    40 is way too easy. 35 is fairly easy aswell, and it's not a round number. I'd go with 30. 30 seconds probably equates to about a 66-67 400m. Would this be too challenging considering the purpose is to encourage more people to try such events?
    +1, 30 is hard but still achievable

So is the 200m going to replace one of the other distances, or will the thread become a paradoxical 11 round numbers.........:pac:

Can't check at the moment, but did many hit the 70 for 400m in 2014?

• Advertisement

Chivito550 wrote: »

Agree that 40 is too easy. I think it would be the easiest one on the table to achieve and being at a slower pace than the 400m doesn't follow the logic of the rest of the times which are at the same pace or faster than the one that follows (that's if I'm reading the targets correctly of course :o)

I think 30 would be too challenging for the majority. Most of those showing interest in the table this year are distance runners. I know I wouldn't have a hope of achieving 30 so I wouldn't attempt it but 35, while it would be challenging, is not impossible. I know it's not a round number but neither is the 12 min 3K or the 6 minute mile.

Can't check at the moment, but did many hit the 70 for 400m in 2014?

Nobody has entered anything for 400m in 2014 table

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    +1, 30 is hard but still achievable

Ok, so I will be on timekeeping duty for this one too :o I blame my parents for the lack of fast twitch fibres.

Yeah I think 35 would be hard enough, but achievable, for the people who would generally contribute to the thread. I doubt I could go near 30 myself.

However, 30 might bring some lurkers out of the woodwork...we'll have to come up with a new thread title!

career move||||| |||||
    Bungy Girl||| |||| ||||
    HelenAnne||| |||34.52| |||
    d||| |||| |||

OK, I said I was not confident of running sub-35 in the Raheny 5, but if I did I would risk adding myself to the table. So I JUST squeaked under the 35 minute barrier, so I will give the table a go again. I am going to try for the 5k, and the half marathon. I think they're the two easiest after the 5 mile. And maybe when we start using the track again in the spring I could try the 400m.

Anyway, I'm a minute slower than I was in the Raheny 5 2014, but fingers crossed for an injury & illness-free year and I might get back there :-)

Well done HelenAnne, nice to surprise yourself when you're not on top form!

career move||||| |||||
    Bungy Girl||| |||| ||||
    HelenAnne||| |||34.52| |||
    Dubgal||| |||33:28| |||

Raheny 5 2015 debut but also my five mile debut so happy out. The first mile was too fast so it made the rest of it a bit ouch but got there in the end :)

I know I could just make my own table / thread if I want a specific distance :), but would anyone be interested in adding a 2-mile goal to this? My club does A LOT of 2-mile races, and I am very unlikely ever to do a 3k, so a 2-mile goal would be great if anyone else would be interested too?

I don't mind if it's added or swapped. What time did you have in mind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I know I could just make my own table / thread if I want a specific distance :), but would anyone be interested in adding a 2-mile goal to this? My club does A LOT of 2-mile races, and I am very unlikely ever to do a 3k, so a 2-mile goal would be great if anyone else would be interested too?
    Sli Cualann runs a fit4life 3k event in Shanganagh Park every year. This year it's on the 2nd of April at 7:30pm. All kinds of standards, and run on nice flat tarmac route. It's the one I use to check off the 3k every year! There's another later in the year in Wicklow too. Just a thought!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement