Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2015: General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

frostie500 wrote: »
    Can't imagine it being anything other than a press function, I'd be very surprised if Red Bull don't launch at Jerez on the first morning of testing

It's the fecking skiing. Talk about a mountain out of a molehill.

Sauber launching on 30th. I've a story written, but I know I'm not really supposed to share stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Sauber launching on 30th. I've a story written, but I know I'm not really supposed to share stuff like that.

Much too late now. :p

Anything else you want to share? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

are the teams running turbo engines again this year,,i watched 3 laps last year..i couldn't stick the drone noise..

Yep same engines, just updated a bit.

Mike...what do you mean? :)

twincamman wrote: »
    are the teams running turbo engines again this year,,i watched 3 laps last year..i couldn't stick the drone noise..

Which 3 laps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Force India are not going to the first test session amidst rumours that they're broke.

https://twitter.com/ForceIndiaF1/status/560393149101924352

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Force India are not going to the first test session amidst rumours that they're broke.

There are always rumours about Force India's future at this time of year and the team manages to continue.

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    There are always rumours about Force India's future at this time of year and the team manages to continue.

Perhaps so but missing a pre-season test doesn't bode well for starting the season in good shape. Just ask Red Bull and Lotus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

I would have some concerns for Force India. Vijay Mallia has been in some financial trouble for a while now. Much of the sponsorship on the car relates to his company or some small sponsors that have come on board for Perez.

F1 as a while is in poor shape. Two teams gone, Sauber are struggling, Lotus have had problems and these persistent rumours about Force India.

Even McLaren is lacking sponsors, judging by the fairly blank overalls pictured on Alonso yesterday.

I hope that Force India do well. I will always have an interest in the team due to the Jordan connnection.

Vijay Mallya was quite outspoken at the end of last year as well about the indifference by the bigger teams concerning income disparity. The livery mock-up of this year's car doesn't have many sponsors either - just the 'in-house' ones from Mallya's own companies and Perez' personal backers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

twincamman wrote: »

At least you gave it a good chance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

OSI wrote: »
    I can't stand Vijay Mallya. I wish he'd just be done with it and sell the team like he's been threatening to since pretty much day one.

Don't worry. I'll send a signed photo of Vijay to you in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I can't stand Vijay Mallya. I wish he'd just be done with it and sell the team like he's been threatening to since pretty much day one.

You're just jealous of his hairstyle....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Thanks. Just make sure it's one where he's wearing his knuckle sized diamond earrings that's he struggles to afford.
    I'm with you on this, I can't stand the guy. When they do go bust, he'll leave a lot of people out of pocket. There is no reason to believe that he will run his F1 team any differently than he runs any other business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

JPF82 wrote: »
    I would have some concerns for Force India. Vijay Mallia has been in some financial trouble for a while now

Is he? I don't know of trouble other than Kingfisher airlines which is/was a smallish part of his empire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

The rumours about Renault and Force India are pretty unexpected, I wonder would they ask for the trophies from lotus if it actually happened :pac:

christy c wrote: »
    Is he? I don't know of trouble other than Kingfisher airlines which is/was a smallish part of his empire

Well kingfisher is part of it, but supposedly he had used his shareholding in other companies, such as his drinks company, as security on other loans and this has led to him being at risk of losing a lot of his shares in his businesses as things haven't gone well. Kingfisher had sizeable debts so I think the risk to his other companies comes from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

What about Ray Sahara's bail being set at $1.6bn in India?

Anyway, Force India have taken all the Mexican sponsors off Sauber.
    They are sponsored by the 2nd richest man in the world.
    There's a Mexican GP this year, whom I'm sure want them on the track.
    Even Red Bull are struggling to make the first test and haven't yet completed their car for Sunday.

I think they'll be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Heard rumours that it'll only be the car launch today with a 'test livery' (possible black) being used. Then the livery launch will happen at a later date. Hoping that isnt true...really looking forard to seeing McLarens new colours!

Lads, anyone have a link to it?
    Edit, i realise now, the blog above is showing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

For a split second I though YEAH, White and Red Mclaren ....

Very dissapointed with the colour scheme, the silver should have been white :(

Not much new except the red stripe. Back of the car looks a lot more streamlined compared to last year and no penis. Looks nice if a little bare.

_80644393_mclaren.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I like that they brought back the red but the mirrors need to be black or grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭Gillespy

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I think it's a pity they didn't switch to white and differentiate themselves a bit from the Mercedes silver. Car looked very plain last year, hope they get some more sponsors this year

New Merc! Dont have access to Twitter in work but it looks like a lot of pics are being uploaded. The nose looks totally different to last years.

1422545153.jpg

• Advertisement

Mercedes have released a few sneak preview clips of the new car on Twitter. Rosberg doing a shakedown run similar to last year. Wet tyres on dry track so mileage is likely classified as a filming day.

Advertisement