Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Congrats on a baby girl Mamma Dolla!

My bump has suddenly started growing fast as well.. There must be something true in what the consultant said, and it makes sense! :-)

Sorry Ladies, no problems with sleeping and I hope it stays this way for as long as possible!

I use the Clarins pregnancy series for stretchmarks - got it from colleagues in work and making great use of it.

Boobs going up 3 sizes? Wow nice one! I can barely see any difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

WoW! Another baby girl. So exciting! Our scan is next week and we've decided (for the moment) that we're not going to find out. I know however I'll probs change my mind before then.

Snap with the bump. Before Easter weekend I had nothing really, today full on bump. It's mad. It's all happenin.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Same here Chakademus our big scan is next week. We are not finding out and I hope we stick to our guns because deep down I really want the surprise come D Day. I have no self control though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

We're definitely not finding out either. Scan on Monday week :)

So three of us are in next week for the big 'uns!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Goodluck ladies with your scans hope all goes well !

Hopefully this day next week we'll all be elated, relieved and have absolutely no ideas what gender our babies are!:pac::pac::pac:

chakademus wrote: »
    Hopefully this day next week we'll all be elated, relieved and have absolutely no ideas what gender our babies are!:pac::pac::pac:

No, I'll have to wait til after the weekend!
    Baby has been fluttering all day, while before this week I found all movement that I could feel was in the evening, this week it's during the day a lot more!

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    So three of us are in next week for the big 'uns!

Good luck And enjoy!

No, I'll have to wait til after the weekend!
    Baby has been fluttering all day, while before this week I found all movement that I could feel was in the evening, this week it's during the day a lot more!

Oh that movement is still so exciting for me. My husband has yet to feel it and I've given up calling for him to sprint upstairs, feel my belly and have to stay for that awkward 30 seconds feeling absolutely nothing.:pac:

Just a quick question re the "big" scan. Does anyone know if that appointment includes anything else like urine, blood pressure, bloods etc or is it just a matter of waiting for your scan and then out? Just wanted to know in terms of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Just a quick question re the "big" scan. Does anyone know if that appointment includes anything else like urine, blood pressure, bloods etc or is it just a matter of waiting for your scan and then out? Just wanted to know in terms of time.

Not sure which hospital you're attending, but in Holles Street for the big scan you go upstairs to the ultrasound department, so that appointment is completely independent from your usual check-up appointments, i.e. non of the other checks.

Brilliant 5unflower. That answers my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Does the scan itself take long? I've mine on Wednesday. Can't wait

Does the scan itself take long? I've mine on Wednesday. Can't wait

Mine took around 15-20 minutes.

emka1984 wrote:
    Mine took around 15-20 minutes.

Thanks

I had mine walked straight through no waiting at all ! Just had the scan and it took around 30-40 mins !

Aldi have support pillows in this Thursdays special offers, back, neck and knee pillows. The knee one that looks perfect for people who have hip pain when sleeping.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-16-apr/products-detail-page/ps/p/support-pillows/

Aldi have support pillows in this Thursdays special offers, back, neck and knee pillows. The knee one that looks perfect for people who have hip pain when sleeping.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-16-apr/products-detail-page/ps/p/support-pillows/

Thank you hun ! I need these now im using normal pillows and have one between my knees and one behind my back and one under my feet ! Im heading into week 24 and i was in the supermarket 2weeks ago and a woman said "not long now love" so you can imagine my size ! Week 24 is when the baby starts putting on weight so its gonna be fun rolling off the couch and rolling out of bed again lol ! Wouldnt change it for the world x

Had my scan. All looked well thank god. Doing physiotherapy classes tomorrow. Has anyone else done them

Had my scan. All looked well thank god. Doing physiotherapy classes tomorrow. Has anyone else done them

So delighted for you. Mine tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be as relieved. :)

As for physiotherapy classes? Are these part of an ante-natal programme or were you referred by the doc irishgirl19?

• Advertisement

Thanks chakademus :-)best of luck with yours.
    No part of antenatal classes(I think) the hospital just asked me did I want to sign up for them

Delighted all went well irishgirl!! I have my big scan today I am excited and nervous. My appointment at 2.30 cant come quick enough.

I had physio antenatal classes on Tuesday. They were ok. The first class covered a lot about pelvic floor exercises (which I already got plenty of during the early pregnancy class), how to sit properly if you are working in an office all day, how to stretch out any aches and pains, and ways to sleep comfortably while putting the least stress on your body. The next two apparently cover the more physical aspects of late pregnancy, labour and post natal recovery which I think will be very useful. I think you have to sign up for all three (esp if it's your first) rather than being able to pick and choose the ones you want to go to.

Girls I have no will power at all! Its not even 8am and I have had a handful of the M&Ms that are near my desk in the office. Hardly the breakfast of champions :rolleyes:

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Girls I have no will power at all! Its not even 8am and I have had a handful of the M&Ms that are near my desk in the office. Hardly the breakfast of champions :rolleyes:

Oh god, I went back for seconds. :eek:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Ms Tootsie I am your sister in lack of will power!:pac:

Had big scan today. All went grand. Feeling delighted and relieved. Didn't find out the gender.

Had big scan today. All went grand. Feeling delighted and relieved. Didn't find out the gender.

Oh congratulations on everything going grand. Such a relief isnt it?!

I had my anomaly scan yesterday afternoon as well. Everything looks perfect with nugget and all growing as should be. We got lots of little waves :) placenta is at the back so that explains why I am feeling lots of movement and from quite early for the first baby. Also resisted the urge to find out the gender and hubby and I duly looked away during the crucial moment as due to nuggets position before the sonographer even looked that direction they warned us to look away in case there was something on display by accident. Got a fantastic 3D picture which we were not expecting. I think it is a boy but hubby is still adamant it is a girl. Our immediate families are pretty much divided as well lol

Glad to hear scans went well.
    Apparently I have no immunity to rubella. They will inject me after I have the baby. I'm meant to be going to Portugal for 5 nights next month.I'd say I'll be a bit nervous going over there what with no immunity to rubella and being rhesus negative

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Hi ladies, glad to hear all the scans are going well. We got back from our "babymoon" in Italy on Saturday. Was fairly exhausting but good fun. My feet swelled up something rotten in the heat. Could barely get my shoes on!! Feeling a bit glum today, can't believe I have 15 weeks more of this stretched out in front of me.

Glad to hear scans went well.
    Apparently I have no immunity to rubella. They will inject me after I have the baby. I'm meant to be going to Portugal for 5 nights next month.I'd say I'll be a bit nervous going over there what with no immunity to rubella and being rhesus negative

It's natural to be nervous but I am sure you will be fine and the break will be really good for you to rest up for a few days!
    Dobbit wrote: »
    Hi ladies, glad to hear all the scans are going well. We got back from our "babymoon" in Italy on Saturday. Was fairly exhausting but good fun. My feet swelled up something rotten in the heat. Could barely get my shoes on!! Feeling a bit glum today, can't believe I have 15 weeks more of this stretched out in front of me.

Oh Italy sounds fabulous - well apart from the effect the heat had! Hopefully the swelling will go down. I cant wait for our little babymoon - three weeks to go on Saturday. Not that I am counting or anything.

I felt $h!te over the weekend as well Dobbit. My clothes are getting fairly tight but maternity stuff is still too big and I look overweight more than anything else. Nothing I put on me looked good and we had to go out on Saturday night and I just felt like a lump. And for the first time on Saturday I noticed I definitely dont have the same stamina for things that I normally would have. I had a busy day but nothing unusual and I was absolutely wrecked by it!

Someone in work commented that I visibly look pregnant now (hopefully the haha where is the baby 'jokes' will stop now). It only took five months oh hardy har. Then the same person and another co-worker continued their discussion on how I am still tiny though for five months gone. I dont know if I can listen to another 4 months of people thinking it is acceptable to comment on my weight etc as if it is a topic of conversation at the water cooler. I could also just be in a major grump because I am insanely busy in work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

We really do need the skin of an elephant to get through this sometimes! Everyone in work today is like "Oh your bump is huge!", yeah it is, there's a person in it! I keep trying to tell myself that this is only temporary but it does get me down sometimes, know exactly how you felt over the weekend, so hard to feel attractive when pregnant!

Some funny pregnancy related things that happened in Italy:
    - A man selling paintings outside the Uffizi Museum in Florence running over to me and telling me I could skip the queue of 500 because I'm pregnant and it worked! Sorry American tourists :D
    - The lady at one of the hotels telling me we shouldn't have breakfast on the terrace because it was foggy out and fog is bad for the baby?!
    - A Policewoman stopping me at the Trevi fountain and silently pointing at the bump for ages until I was like "...yes?", she touches it and goes "boy or girl?". I was like I cannot tell this policewoman to eff off and stop touching me so I just said I didn't know and then some random German tourist goes "maybe it is both boy and girl, ha ha ha"... weirdos.

• Advertisement

We really do need the skin of an elephant to get through this sometimes! Everyone in work today is like "Oh your bump is huge!", yeah it is, there's a person in it!

I never understand it, it would be considered harrassment in normal circumstances to comment on a woman's weight so why does pregnancy seem like one big free for all? That was so ride of them. Love your response though!!
    I keep trying to tell myself that this is only temporary but it does get me down sometimes, know exactly how you felt over the weekend, so hard to feel attractive when pregnant!

Those 'celebs' that do interviews and talk about how they have never felt more beautiful or sexy than when they are pregnant have to be total and utter liars, that's the conclusion I have come to. I think the pregnant form is beautiful but I am not kidding myself, no way do I look better now than when I wasnt pregnant and eating healthy and exercising more. I blame the cream eggs on this one.
    - The lady at one of the hotels telling me we shouldn't have breakfast on the terrace because it was foggy out and fog is bad for the baby?!

:D:D:D:D is the fog bad for the baby! I LOVE this one!!!

Advertisement