Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

There's so much conflicting information out there, start at 17 weeks, don't leave it past 26 weeks etc.

At the end of the day you should just do what you think best, we started weaning at 4 months because he just wasn't satisfied with milk anymore and he's done brilliantly, hasn't refused a single thing I've given him and have run into no issues. Some people might baulk at that early but it was what right for him, 6 months for some babies just isn't feasible.

We also used the Gina Ford weaning book which I found brilliant (I know she isn't everyone's cup of tea but I loved the structure and how it laid out very clearly how to proceed). I've also made all my own baby food and didn't find it very time consuming at all, BLW wasn't right for us.

Babs is 6 months today and doing great. He started in creche as I've gone back to work and he seems to be settling in very well. He's all smiles for the girls in the morning. Thankfully still sleeping through, I was worried his sleep would get disturbed with the new routine but he's been a trooper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

For now I have only pureed some veg, sweet potatoes, bananas etc. So far it's all just little tastes. I like the idea of some of the BLW but I don't think I'd stick rigidly to it.

Luckily I work from home so while I have more options than most, sometimes I feel there's just not enough hours in the day! I'm lucky that my husband also works from home about 80% of the time so between us we manage fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Thanks bm! My maternity leave ended last week but I'm going back next week.
    I will really miss her but it has to be done.
    My lo is milling the food. So far all I've given her is purees. I'm a bit nervous to give more solid foods just yet, and atm I'm feeding her in her bouncer. No highchair yet but a family member bought us one but we still haven't got it yet.

Glad your little man is settling well in the creche dobbit. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Hi everyone, great to read all the updates!

My little girl is going to be 6,5 months in a few days, and I'm not back in work at least until June! Fair play to all of you who went back to work already - I can't imagine doing that and am glad I don't have to! :-) well done to your babas on handling crèches well and all!

We started weaning only around 2 weeks ago and so far it's going really well - she's open to trying new foods and gobbles down some chunkier bits too which is looking promising. Still loving her breastmilk, too!

No teeth here yet even though she's been showing signs of teething since Christmas!

Hope everyone is still doing great.

• Advertisement

Teething is really wearing on me at the moment, he's been going through a bad spell for a few weeks now and still no sign of teeth. He only slept through 2 nights last week and getting him to eat can be a battle, refusing bottles and being a bit fussy about solids too where as he was great before. Combined with me going back to work it's been a bit rough.

Tell me it's just a phase :(

Dobbit wrote: »
    Teething is really wearing on me at the moment, he's been going through a bad spell for a few weeks now and still no sign of teeth. He only slept through 2 nights last week and getting him to eat can be a battle, refusing bottles and being a bit fussy about solids too where as he was great before. Combined with me going back to work it's been a bit rough.

Tell me it's just a phase :(

Everything with babies is just a phase, even the good things! :-)

Best of luck and hopefully it'll all get better soon!

I swear to God I have no clue how people have more than one kid hahaha...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mkate2794

Hello Ladies,

Im new in here. Can I ask if you have facebook group for babies from august 2015 in Ireland ? My daughter was born on August as well :)

mkate2794 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies,

Im new in here. Can I ask if you have facebook group for babies from august 2015 in Ireland ? My daughter was born on August as well :)

I don't think we do! :-) or at least I'm not aware of it!

Theres the rollercoaster group

• Advertisement

Theres the rollercoaster group

What's that?

emka1984 wrote:
    What's that?

A group for mammys of babies born in August 15 . it's from the rollercoaster website

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Hi to all the mammy's hope you are all doing well with your little bundles of fun !!! I have wanted to post here for a long time but never had the energy. My little guy has had a kidney operation in Jan when he was 5 months we have been in and out of hospital since he was 4 weeks and he has caught meningitis twice on top of everything else due to his illness and immunity. Since the op he has been doing great and we have had a bit of a rest from Crumlin which is great as it was tough on my other children when we were away. We are back to Crumlin for more tests and future surgery ahead to hopefully close the stoma which he now has from previous surgery and hope to save his kidney.
    It has been a hell on earth ill admit, but meeting other families who have never left hospital since their babies were born we know how lucky we are to have him home. I met one lady who had not left our ward for 11 years with her son. Puts all the sleepless , teething, dirty nappies ( always at the wrong time) in perspective eh!
    I hope you are all enjoying the fun and cuteness it all goes so fast ! Hope you are all minding yourselves too. Tough being a mammy the worry never stops!

Oh goodness Catchery! Reading your post makes me feel so thankful for my healthy baba and puts all my silly worries and problems in such a perspective!

I hope that everything goes well for your whole family and that all procedures go fine!

Time is flying really too fast, soon our "newborns" will be celebrating their first birthdays!

Sorry to hear that catchery. Thats terrible. I hope your baba gets out of the hospital soon for good!
    I can't imagine how hard it must've been on u and the family x

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Thanks emka and irishgirl hope you are both and babies doing great ! Our first year approaching is right its just so fast isnt it !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

God Catchery, that sounds like such a nightmare for you and your family. Like the others have said, it really does make you thankful for having a healthy baby.

Sorry to hear that Catchery, hope your little boy is able to come home for good soon.

Advertisement